PDA

View Full Version : RT on/off in MiniMag

minimag03
02-06-2004, 06:43 PM
I have tried the ult on my valve. I didn't like it. So I was thinking why could I not use a RT on/off assembly on my AIR valve to get a lighter trigger pull? Will it work?

Thanks,
minimag03

i_baked_cookies
02-06-2004, 07:12 PM
nope. the pin is a different length. im assuming you tried the ult in a classic valve. its not meant to be used in the classic. if you want to try it again, try putting like all the ult shims and lots of LX shims. thats how people get it to work.

PyRo
02-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Its been done before, i'm not sure how, but it has.

11_Mile_TMaster
02-07-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by smee
nope. the pin is a different length. im assuming you tried the ult in a classic valve. its not meant to be used in the classic. if you want to try it again, try putting like all the ult shims and lots of LX shims. thats how people get it to work.

I was told by a certain someone that you can do so. Never tried it, since they reccomended Against doing so unless I ran the valve on compressed air (Something about the teflon rings being more resistant to cold CO2 than the Urethane ones used in the RT System.)
As for lengths,
Ahh. Time to bust out my Two Valves sitting side by side.
... They are about the same size. Should fit okay. On/Off pin length may be a small problem, but, Let's put it this way. The On/offs themselves (I.E the top, bottom) are about the same length, right? And, We have our great 'retro-valve' upgrades... One would (most likely rightly) assume that you just need the shorter 'Retro' On-Off pin :)

minimag03
02-07-2004, 09:53 AM
I use co2. Could I replace the orings?

PyRo
02-07-2004, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't try it.

11_Mile_TMaster
02-08-2004, 02:59 AM
Neither would I.

It's just... the Teflon is more resistant to cold (Or temperature changes in general. Think of pots/pans made partially of teflon. Imagine the same things made of urethane ;) Expansions and contractions from temp changes would scwrung it.

PyRo
02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Well the rt uses urethane in place of the teflon doesn't it? It just cannot run on Co2, so that doesn't effect it.