PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a pict of a comparison of the OPP Frontman?

cphilip
02-06-2004, 07:34 PM
...held up against a Revy or a Halo B?

And maybe a weight comparison? LCD specificaly but the size of the hopper in comparision is what I am more interested in.

1stdeadeye
02-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Sorry, I have not seen a frontman yet. I did see a Backman Wednesday. That think is freakin huge! It is al long as the marker!! Looks really weird.

My $0.02

Z-man
02-06-2004, 11:10 PM
I have played with both the front and backman of the TSA and here are my thoughts on them.

The Backman is much longer and is reminiscent of the VL3000. Despite this, I like it more than any other non-force-feed hopper. It's not any wider or larger in profile when you are staring at it head on so I don’t think it is a liability in that area.

I also very much like the 220 rounds it hold; kind of like a reserve. Feels like you can go all day on a hopper when you have been playing with a Halo B.

I also like the sound activated system better than the old revy eye. Since it always spins when you shoot, you can go just a bit faster than the revy. The downside is that it’s useless on a Warp feed. The sound is not loud enough to activate the motor. I guess if you found the sensor you could move it outside next to the gun but that is about the same work as linking a revy to your frame.

The lid is not great but by that I mean it's not as convenient as I would like. Has not broken yet...

The frontman is much like the backman but smaller (duh) personally I think that the shorter length does little to cut down your profile. I would rather have the extra balls than the short hopper

Overall of the non-force-feed hoppers I have used (revy, Rich, and TSA) I like the TSA best. I can still outshoot it after about 14-15bps but its very consistent until the last 20 rounds, which can bounce about in there.