PDA

View Full Version : Any AOers headin to D-Day 2004?

painball
02-07-2004, 04:11 PM
I am planning on going this year. I know there's a scenario forum, but who ever goes there too often anyways?

I have no idea what unit I want to be a part of. I'm pretty sure I'm playin for the allied forces, but I think I have some German blood in me. Who knows.

So are any of you makin the trip out?

If you don't know D-Day (www.oklahomadday.com) is a huge scenario event held annualy in Wyandotte, Oklahoma. Luckily my grandparents live 15mins away so I wont have to camp in an icky tent. A nice soft bed for me. :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-07-2004, 04:46 PM
i might be there for the d-day part, not the small 2 hour mini scenarios

dj89
02-07-2004, 07:03 PM
you talking about this one? if so me,zeke,atm and some others are going i think
D-Day Skirmish USA Jim Thorpe, PA
DATE: Saturday and Sunday, July 10th & 11th - 2004
RATE: $49.00 per person, pre registered by 06/28/04 ($59.00 if you register late or at the gate!)
PAINT: Event Paint Only! Cases $70.00 and up depending on quantity purchased.
FILLS: CO2 and N2 Fills available - 15 fills for $10. or 7 fills for $5.

RENTAL EQUIPMENT: If rental equipment is needed, there will not be an extra charge. However, you must have a major credit card to use as a security deposit until the equipment is returned. If no credit card is available, we will accept a cash deposit.
SCENARIO: Again his year Skirmish USA reprises D-Day; our 24 hour scenario game. The beaches are still in the early morning light, German forces secure in their protective bunkers calmly anticipate the allied attack. In the landing craft, US soldiers nervously await the first wave of assaults. The landing craft gangplanks slam down, and anxious soldiers rush out onto a painfully barren shore and a very uncertain future. As the Nazi bunkers spew a tremendous barrage of fire the attacking forces dig into their tenuous hiding spots, wishing they could evaporate into the ground. Skirmish, USA will transform our front field acreage into the beaches of Normandy for this production. Landing craft will disgorge US warriors from 6 locations for their assault across 75 yards of wide open beachhead complete with bunkers, tank traps, and disabled military vehicles. The action will be intense. Will the German defense hold? Can the allied landing possibly succeed against such insurmountable odds? German artillery barrages will pound the beach, as machine gun fire rakes every possible hiding spot. The allied destroyers big off shore guns will shell the German implacements. Success or failure for the allies will hinge on their determination, and the capable efforts of paratroops inserted behind enemy lines. Once (or if) the landing succeeds the fighting will move inland to the farm lands and villages of France. Scenario players will be able to interact with French resistance, Vichy French, Gestapo agents, even Berlin Betty the Nazi radio propagandist. There will be house to house fighting during the night as searchlights sweep the fields. Come out to enjoy the fun and savor the action. SKIRMISH's capable leadership, and dedicated judge staff welcome all back for this exciting adventure.

painball
02-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Oh, I'm referring to Oklahoma D-Day.:)

ramenjames
02-07-2004, 07:14 PM
HELL YES IM GOING!!!
my whole team is (they dont know it yet...but they are mandatory team fieldtrip!:D )
its gonna be great

ghed
02-07-2004, 07:36 PM
I dont know if I qualify as an AOer yet since I only have like 25 posts but some friends and I are planning to go if we can get the money.

Btw Ive never been to a scenario game before..do many rec/speed ball people go to these? I dont want to be the only one w/o a flatline barrel, full camo, and nightvison scope :(

AutomagRT1483
02-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Im going in 2005. One more year. But thats because Im not going by myself.

painball
02-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ghed
Btw Ive never been to a scenario game before..do many rec/speed ball people go to these? I dont want to be the only one w/o a flatline barrel, full camo, and nightvison scope :(
Same here. I'm bringin my Angel LCD along. I might wrap it in camo if I really feel the need to blend in, but I doubt that will be necessary.

Shadow33
02-08-2004, 01:37 PM
my wife and i will both be at D-DAY and look foward to meeting some of our fellow A0er's there and yes we will both be shooting mags :D we need to get all of us together so we can go out and have a blast while everyone is in town look foward to seeing all of you there

Trina
02-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ghed
I dont know if I qualify as an AOer yet since I only have like 25 posts but some friends and I are planning to go if we can get the money.
Welcome to AO!!
Doobie and I will try to make it! Oklahoma D-Day is awesome!! I've already been to two of them! And you don't need camo to go out and play! We usually go for more subtle jerseys and black pants though...Doobie wears a rust/black jersey and I wear green or black...as opposed to my lavender one I normally wear :D There are lots of mags there too! Last year Tom Kaye and crew headed down. So, if you haven't been before, I highly recommend it :D

painball
02-08-2004, 05:18 PM
What units are you guys playin on? I am leaning towards 82nd Airborne or 101st Airborne. I heard on the 1st you just wait a long time then get shot up on the beach and wait longer to rejoin the game.

chizle97
02-08-2004, 09:09 PM
You know im gonna freakin be at the skirmish one this year. Thanks to a little time share in the pocanos and the fact that i am now 18. im thinkin 2nd armored(If i can get my tank built in time) or 101st

ghed
02-08-2004, 09:15 PM
If my friends and I get to go we are going w/ the 82nd or 101st.

QCpb
02-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Don't know if I'm considered an AOer yet, but a couple of buddies and I are heading out to Wyandotte. This will be my first year of going, after hearing so much about last year from my buddies. Being from the Fort Campbell area, it is only natural that we are in the 101st, but next year I'd like to try something else. Cannot wait for June!