PDA

View Full Version : This cocker or my mag?

Magluvr
02-07-2004, 04:12 PM
I know that a bunch of you are going to say, "Pick which one with the trigger that you like." I have heard it said sooo many times but...

I was thinking about selling my mag and getting a cocker here are the specs.

Cocker:
System X Type X (stock)
with 91/4.5k nitro

My Mag:
H/L MiniMag
Level 10
Taso Velocity Adjuster
Palmer Male Stabilizer
with bottomline
14" 2002 All American

My Mag Pictures (http://nuclear_puffin.tripod.com/)

teufelhunden
02-07-2004, 05:55 PM
First question... why did you put the Stab on your 'Mag?

Second, although I'm not a fan of SysX, I'd go with the 'Cocker.

Magluvr
02-07-2004, 06:08 PM
There are several reasons for the Stab. The first is that I only went Nitro about 6 months ago. So I needed something to keep the liquid out during winter paintball for the last year. Then when I finally went nitro I thought that it looked good as a foregrip. Don't worry I've turned up the Stabilizer currently so that it doesn't regulate the air pressure at all, its been reduced to a grip.

painter1009
02-07-2004, 06:25 PM
i would stay 'Mag beacuse i have witnessed a friend owing a sys X cocker. he had nothing but problems with it. it could have been a remote case, but just becuase i have only seen the bad of system X cockers i would recommend staying with the mag.

RRfireblade
02-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Magluvr
I know that a bunch of you are going to say, "Pick which one with the trigger that you like." I have heard it said sooo many times but...

But........what? It's pretty much what it comes down to.There both good guns but quite different in operation.You must have a preferance for one or the other.

Ov3rmind
02-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Go the J&C route and buy a CCM Series 5.

tyrion2323
02-07-2004, 07:13 PM
if you want a cocker, go for a hybrid cocker.

www.hybrid-paintball.com

-=Squid=-
02-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
if you want a cocker, go for a hybrid cocker.

www.hybrid-paintball.com Thats an excellent choice if you want a knockoff of a knockoff.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-07-2004, 07:38 PM
go with the system X if you enjoy plastic internals

Jon/xpm
02-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Find a used works autococker
Very cheap on the market and i consider them to
being the best autococker on the market

Magluvr
02-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

But........what? It's pretty much what it comes down to.There both good guns but quite different in operation.You must have a preferance for one or the other.

Sorry, I guess I should have finished my thought.
I like the Autococker because it is soft and I can rip on it, even though I short stroke a bit (haven't yet learned the trigger).
I like the mag though because it is incredibly short and snappy (I haven't been able to short stroke even though I've tried many times).
I don't like the Autococker trigger because it is really long (at least the guns I've shot are).
I don't like the Automag trigger because it is hard and I can't sustain high ROF for more than a 1 second burst. AND I can't buy the ULT because I don't have a ReTro/X and don't want to spend the extra money just to lighten the trigger a little bit.

Hope that clarifies the "but....."

f3rr3+
02-07-2004, 08:23 PM
well since you love mags id go with mags :P but you can get the ULT for classic which is what i would do even tho its not recomended because i can shoot faster without reactivity

RRfireblade
02-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Magluvr

Hope that clarifies the "but....."

Have you shot a Slider Trigger Cocker? Sounds to me that's about where you want to be.

Magluvr
02-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by f3rr3+
well since you love mags id go with mags :P but you can get the ULT for classic which is what i would do even tho its not recomended because i can shoot faster without reactivity

Have you put the ULT on the classic valve? If so how does it work? is there shootdown at a lower ROF?

I tried a cocker with a slider once, but for some reason the whole trigger felt like mush (not even a hint of POSSIBLE snap) and I couldn't stand it. Is that typical of the slider or was the marker just set up poorly?

RRfireblade
02-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Not typical IMO.

Sliders are not as snappy as a Mag for instance but if set up right are pretty short and snappy compared to a hinge.

Have you put the ULT on the classic valve? If so how does it work? is there shootdown at a lower ROF?

I've done it even tho it's not recommended.It is pretty easy to short stroke if your not real clean on the pull,shoot downs not real bad till you get over 10-12,but I havent verified that over a chrono.

The ULT is real subjective,I'm not crazy about it myself.It's OK but I prefer the typical R/T pull.

Magluvr
02-07-2004, 09:42 PM
I'll have to see if someone near me has one so I can test it out, see how it goes.

bryceeden
02-07-2004, 10:10 PM
I own both, and I personally prefer the mag, but it is all personal preferance. If you are going to get a cocker I don't recoment the System X I have yet to see one that works very well, and I have seen several and personally timed one, and it still didn't work well. For a cocker I reccomend WGP, but the triggers arnt the best.

tyrion2323
02-08-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Thats an excellent choice if you want a knockoff of a knockoff.

Wow, you just don't have anything nice to say, do you? Just because one of the Hybrid guys worked at System X does not make the Hybrid a knockoff marker. That is, of course, unless you'd classify CCM and Freeflow to be knockoffs as well...

Anyways, for the original poster, here are some pics of the Hybrid Quest:

http://www.bradypaintball.com/gunhyb1001.jpg

http://www.bradypaintball.com/gunhyb1007.jpg

teufelhunden
02-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Some Freeflows are knockoffs, and I'm pretty sure all the CCM's are.