PDA

View Full Version : why is my brand new emag battery dieing so fast?

thecavemankevin
02-07-2004, 06:37 PM
god, this is getting on my nerves.

Just bought this battery two months ago from RobAGD at pevs and have only used it twice. It doesn't seem to be holding a charge. Only seems to be holding it for about 15 minutes with no shots, just sitting there.

Then comes on the low bat light.

Voltage is at just under 17v

charger from the wall is putting out about 26v

Any ideas?

i am using the radio shack charger here

http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...5Fid=273%2D1779

BlackVCG
02-07-2004, 06:59 PM
How high does it charge?

It should charge to about 18-19V

Put it on the gun and shoot it a few times and then take it off and measure the voltage. If it's way down from where it was when you first put it on, it has a dead cell.

AGD will replace it under warranty.

thecavemankevin
02-07-2004, 07:08 PM
thanx black, i figured that might be the case

do you know if i will need the reciept?

i never got one from rob

thecavemankevin
02-07-2004, 11:43 PM
ok, just killed the battery, charged it and right off the charger (w/green light on) it is saying 15.74v.

Also, it only took about an hour to fully charge. Is that normal.

thecavemankevin
02-07-2004, 11:51 PM
ok, just put it on my x, and of course the low bat light was on right off the bat.

left it on there for a little bit, pulled the trigger a couple times heard it cycling. then pulled it off the gun and it was reading 13.56v

sounds like your deffinition of a bad cell, sound bout right to you black?

thanx for all your help by the way

BlackVCG
02-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Yep, you got a bad pack.

Take it back to Rob and throw it at him. ;)

thecavemankevin
02-09-2004, 02:04 PM
ok, well i put my brother emag battery and Ronn Sterns emag battery on my gun. Neither worked and both worked on their respective guns.

when i put them on my x it would just read low bat then skitz out. Like say AGD then start flashing chineese letters.

so i can only conclude something is wrong with my gun.

thecavemankevin
02-09-2004, 02:46 PM
ok, i messed with the hall sensor and the magnet placement just to see if that was throwing stuff off. but then i put a fresh 9v up to the terminals. Of course it didn't have the power to cycle the gun, but i could cycle through the menue and it seemed to work fine

deadeye9
02-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Might be a bad on/off switch.

thecavemankevin
02-09-2004, 04:06 PM
i spoke to robagd who sold me the battery and he said that yes the battery is probably bad, but that the rest of the symptoms i was describing sounded like a bad ground or short or something....????

spoke to john on the tech line and he said that it might be the hall sensor. So i played with that a little more, but no luck.

guess my x is going back to it's creator for an overhaul :(

BlackVCG
02-10-2004, 12:08 AM
I can take care of it, if you want. I have all the necessary parts to take care of it and will have a faster turn around time.