PDA

View Full Version : What happens if your X-Mag breach is not with in tolerence?

hostage
02-07-2004, 10:53 PM
I was trying to figure out why my x-mag was breaking paint, and actuating the Level X on the first shot on two different valves. Well I finally narrowed it down the breach is to low and to much to the left. I tried using paper as spacers, got it a little better, though not much better :(
-Hostage

cphilip
02-07-2004, 11:04 PM
You send it back to AGD is what you do.

Tunaman
02-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Exactly...shunt happens. Not too bad though...first one I ever heard of. Thats pretty good in my book.;)

Jon/xpm
02-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
You send it back to AGD is what you do.

I would have to agree with him :D

hostage
02-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Though I duno if they would do anything, since it was customized and anoed. When I put it down for a while i pull the trigger nothing happens pull it a few times then it does the level 10 crap then I pull it again and it fires. I know mags well, and I am really disliking this whole damn breach concept!
-Doron

http://129.21.144.201/~doron/pics/x-mag/finished/DCP_0737.JPG

DiRTyBuNNy
02-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Exactly...shunt happens. Not too bad though...first one I ever heard of. Thats pretty good in my book.;)

actually it's not the first one...I publicized this problem quite a while ago with my Magma X-Mag..when you screwed in the barrel you had to pull the breech to the left or else Level 10 would keep resetting against a portion of the breech when you fired..

cphilip
02-08-2004, 12:56 AM
and... no matter what... it needs to go back.

islandboi
02-08-2004, 12:58 AM
you're having a problem where it wont fire to?

Dubstar112
02-08-2004, 03:18 AM
Is it not in tollerance because it was annodised? Sodium Hydroxide and other chemicals used to strip aluminum, on top of the annodising process itself can wreak havoc on tight tollerances.

RRfireblade
02-08-2004, 12:23 PM
That's a re-milled and re-anno'd Euro X body isn't it?

I gotta think your not getting warranty on it.Just a guess though.I guess it depends on how off it is and where.Perhaps internally miiling the breach for clearance or getting a new breach and starting there,unless it's the body that's the main problem.

hostage
02-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Its deff a manufactor's defect. The breach, when screwed in, sits to far left and does exactly what Dirty Bunny said. So I should call AGD and talk to John?
-Doron

thei3ug
02-09-2004, 08:46 AM
yah, i'm having a hard time seeing stripping material and reannoing being capable of actually moving a machined hole to the left a few hundreths of an inch.

cphilip
02-09-2004, 08:58 AM
I would call Jon and see what they can do for you. I mean even if its not warranty because of the source and its history it would be worth it to fix it.

RRfireblade
02-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by dansim
well since you built it yourself and milled yourself how bout you "fix it" yourself?:rolleyes: its not an xmag it was never an xmag and will never be an xmag

OK,be nice.

It is basically an Xmag,it's just a non C&C euro X body milled and mounted on an Emag frame.

orpheos
02-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Yeah, wish I had known that was an issue on the Magma. I just have to watch it or it does reset the Level 10 and it won't fire. Which can be a royal pain in the *** honestly. Also if you knock the hopper against something I've got to reset the breech. Bought the mag not knowing the history. My bad. I still play with it though. To DirtyBunnies credit. He did tell me that I had to make sure I held it down when I screwed the barrel in.

BajaBoy
02-09-2004, 01:55 PM
nope.. thats a euro body

tyrion2323
02-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by dansim
well since you built it yourself and milled yourself how bout you "fix it" yourself?:rolleyes: its not an xmag it was never an xmag and will never be an xmag

How about you just back off and step out of this thread, fool. Hostage is a chill guy, and he doesn't deserve your crappy replies. If you can't actually say anything, then just keep scrolling. You seem to have this problem quite a bit.

Hostage, AGD will probably take care of that for you - you did purchase the breech from them, correct? If so, there's no reason that it wouldn't fit the body.

Jacob

Halliday
02-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by hostage
...I know mags well, and I am really disliking this whole damn breach concept!

Me too. I feel it it the weakest point of the X-Mag and is the reason I won't buy one. The idea of having the barrel hold the breech in place with a hopper on top? That seems like over-engineering to me.

I'll keep my ULE bodied E-Mag thank you :)

I think selective stripping of the anno is the way to go and make the breech fit better.

sneakyhacker420
02-09-2004, 05:25 PM
that happens with my x-mag until i can find the right spot to lock the barrel down nice and hard, otherwise the breech wiggles around and doesn't always shoot

hostage
02-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Dansim - We were wanting to fabricate a body, though AGD asked us not to, so we decited to mill the standard bodies or raw bodies that we got directly from AGDE. We are having to go through a lot of AGD Redtape to get the raw bodies (simular to what shocktech did to the the SFL e-mag). Though we are thinking about just putting it off to the side, since they are giving us the run around. As well as how bad this breach idea is turning out to be. Only body we milled is the body we got from AGDE
-Hostage

P.S. Does anyone have John's email addy for AGD, I lost it.

P.P.S Anyone have any tips or tricks for this, I am all out?

dansim
02-09-2004, 07:13 PM
im sorry i was under the impression that you duplicated teh body not just milled some fancies into it, i stand corrected and you should contact agd(or if they cant help you perhaps mill a little off the other side to even it out?)

smilestyler
02-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Even if AGD won't cover it with warranty, they would be the best bet to fix it. But if you are a machinist, why don't you hone out the side that is too far in? Worst that would happen is that you would wreck it:D

Muzikman
02-09-2004, 07:58 PM
What if you made it so the barrel was not what was holding the breech in. Drill four holes in the breech (two on each side) that goes through the breech and counter sunk into the body a little. You can then use set screws to hold the breech in place. You would just have to make sure that the alignment was perfect before you drilled the holes.

hostage
02-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Heh, my friend is a machinist, I am a n00b when it comes to the bridgeport vertical mill and the lathe, let alone a CNC. I was wanting to talk to AGD about it first, if that doesn't go as planned or if it is easier, then I shall get my friend to hone the breach.

BTW I put it down for a while and I have been walking to my x-mag every 2 hours and testing it, no LX acuating so far, though don't want to move the marker and have it start messing up again. I think I got lucky with the placement of the breach, though this is still unacceptable.
-Doron

hostage
02-10-2004, 05:54 PM
I called john, he told me to take a drimal to it and I think it worked! I have been trying to actuate the LX, though it has been successful so far. I am going to try it at the field tonight and get back to yall. The only thing I am worried about is the sound of the marker, I notice a difference tone in almost every shot.
-Doron

C_22
02-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Well, best of luck then ;)

cphilip
02-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by hostage
I called john, he told me to take a drimal to it and I think it worked! I have been trying to actuate the LX, though it has been successful so far. I am going to try it at the field tonight and get back to yall. The only thing I am worried about is the sound of the marker, I notice a difference tone in almost every shot.
-Doron

Thats interesting... I called Jon and told him I had a Headache and he told me to take a Dremel to it too!!!! :D

I think he pretty much tells everyone that. :eek:

hostage
02-10-2004, 09:50 PM
wow, it did work =0

well it worked better than what everyone else was suggesting, the hammer :D

Now I need to tune the x-valve (used the e-mag valve) was having firstshot drop off.
-Doron