PDA

View Full Version : Ford Vs Gm Vs Mopar

PyRo
02-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Which one is better :)

devildog
02-07-2004, 11:41 PM
well, my opinion is based because i only like muscle cars, so i easily voted for mopar. no motor to date can touch the ORIGINAL 426 hemi, the new 350 hemi dodge came out with is crap, but the 426 is the god of motors. whether it be a plymouth duster, or a dodge charger, mopar owns.

p.s.

i drive a 71 duster with a 426 hemi roaring under the hood, ill try to get some pics when i get out of this place im in. still needs some work though.

magman007
02-07-2004, 11:47 PM
the best truck out to date, with a diesel engine (it isnt a real truck if it isnt a diesel)

is the new gmc with their alison tranny and there new duramax diesel

if your looking into gas, well the f150 has a step above the dodge hemi

diesel trucks again, ford is always solid, but their tranny cannot beat the allison, and it is known to have some problems, just ask any one that was at the IAO, they know my problems i had with my dualie, and the trannie giving out

cphilip
02-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Well your a little off on that assumption of the Diesels but partly right.

Unfortunatly lots of those Chevy Alisons are biting the dust.... They all reporting issues with it. A lot of them are biting the dust. Seems Chevy had Alisson "redesign" it for them. As a cheaper production model. Alisson is not really that proud of the results. They did not want to do it. But Chevy rejected thier first design as too expensive. So they did cheap it up some. But I am certain they will sort it out eventually. If you want one I would wait a year or so to get it. They are also having some real issues with the Duramax engine but I think they have them about solved. Again... something natural when you mate two things and have to see what they do out in the field.

Ford has just now started sorting out it's simialr problems with the new 6.0L Diesel. DO NOT BUY and early 2003! The old 7.3L is still a great engine. But wait to buy a 2004 of the 6.0L. Similar thing with the Chevy.

Ford seems to have fixed thier issues with the early trannies. Late in 2002 the went back to an early design in one main component and added another cooler for it. That solved it. But the 2000's and some 2001's had the problem. Mine was one of them. I too had problems with mine in my 2001. But now I sport all the 2002 redesign stuff. Remember mine going out at WC two years ago? that was the issue too.

Now Ford has this new Torqu Shift tranny. That is a very strong Tranny. Everyone feels its superior to anything out there. And so far its holding up really well. But like I said do not get the engine in 2003. Get the 2004.

magman007
02-08-2004, 12:08 AM
hum thanks for the insight phil, sorry for my wrong info there. its beena while since i did any research. Phil, did your tranny go out on you too?

if you remember, at iao, even though you werent there, you may have heard, we were hauling the trailer and came across a bridge and coasted right into butler PA, luckilly right next to the ford dealer! well, it wasnt so much of a pain, except for the fact that we were hauling the trailer, but boy were we pissed, 55000 miles on it, and the tranny went...
oh well..

i cant wait to see how this all works out.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Mine popped at 29K. Main Sprag failed. I was not towing at the time but HAD towed the camper down to Orlando. So I was stuck till they fixed it. I did not have my temp monitor in there but do now. But I have no reason to believe it was related to overheating. It seems to have been that particular part that exploded. Reports are that about 10% of those in those years failed. Thats really a lot if you think about how many are out there! New design of a part in 2000. Which by the time they started figuring it out was late in 2001 and they changed back. And retrofitted it in all the ones that failed. But that was the old 100R tranny. They got a whole new redesigned one now. Came out in 2003 1/4 with the 6.0L engine. The Torque Shift. And so far its holding up really well. What year was yours?

Most of the reports I heard failed under warranty. And it cost ford a BUNCH of money. Only heard of a few that made it past warranty. And if those owners put up a stink they fixed them too. Not always willingly but at least they would split the cost

PyRo
02-08-2004, 12:25 AM
My friend used a ford ford 6.9l diesel (I think that was the size) to plow. Every time he couldn't push a pile the dodge 360 would move it like nothing. One time he got stuck trying to push a pile, the dodge pushed the ford and the pile of snow at the same time like nothing.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 12:36 AM
Well that doesn't tell me much. A lot of things change with gearing, rear end ratios and truck weight,length and all that sort of things. Fact is the latest road tests towing a load up hill show the Ford to be supierior at it. The Chevy being a tad quicker off the line and finished second at the top. But began losing before half way up the hill. In similar set ups, rear end wise and cab configurations and tranny's. I think its published on Car and Driver or something like that.

They all will Tow. And tow pretty darn well.

And the I6 Cummings Diesel in them Dodges is a Dam good motor. It's been around for a long time. Its easy to soup up too. Cheap to do as well. Being a inline 6 it is sluggish off the line. But builds very good torque. It really needs like 6 or more gears to really utilize it to its fullest. And they do not mate it up with that. In a big rig they would. The biggest thing holding Dodge back it the fact that they do not offer a True Full Crew Cab. Their four door is nothing more than a extended cab with correct swinging doors. I heard they were going to finaly introduce one though. And if you mate that with the HO Cummings I think they can compete now with the Ford and Chevy offerings. One thing for certain is that they all are getting better. Good time for Truck buyers. Lots of competion is making them all better.

Mango
02-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Ford, hands down.

Dubstar112
02-08-2004, 03:30 AM
We have an 89 dually(454 3speed + granny) with orignal exaust, tranny(alison), and everything in the engine other than necessary changes is original. I think that says somthing about GM.

This truck has been worked all of its life. Towing farm equipment, and horse trailers.

The only problem is, since the truck is made for towing, the gearing is slightly lower, the gas mileage on this thing is like 4gallons per mile :) I love it though... the duallies make good white smoke:)

Dubstar112
02-08-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by PyRo
My friend used a ford ford 6.9l diesel (I think that was the size) to plow. Every time he couldn't push a pile the dodge 360 would move it like nothing. One time he got stuck trying to push a pile, the dodge pushed the ford and the pile of snow at the same time like nothing.

There is so many variables that could cause that. Suspension, tires, plow setup, long v short wheel base, on and on...

Miscue
02-08-2004, 03:55 AM
No religious threads. Closed. Haha, j/k. :p

Mateo
02-08-2004, 05:46 AM
"And God saw the light, a Hemi motor, and it was good".
Genesis 1:4...to most Mopar fanatics.

devildog
02-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Mateo
"And God saw the light, a Hemi motor, and it was good".
Genesis 1:4...to most Mopar fanatics.

AMEN!!! :p

CasingBill
02-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Concerning the diesel aspect of this discussion.

Ford...no good.....they are still having lots of sofware problems. Such as the truck just shutting off while driving. Besides the new ones come with Hankook tires.(yuk)

GM...no good....the aforementioned Allison tranny's. Also they are having some head gasket issues. (Besides its an ugly truck)

Dodge....mmmmm..good. Still the most dependable diesel package on the market. Pull out a piston from a Cummins and compare to the others. The Cummins is at least 50% bigger. Bigger equals stronger. Classic inline 6 design. The same as the big trucks. If the smaller piston v8 style was so great all the big truck/engine manufacturers would switch.(awesome truck)

Guess which one I own?????:D

PyRo
02-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Dubstar112

There is so many variables that could cause that. Suspension, tires, plow setup, long v short wheel base, on and on...

I don't see how any of those things would affect it a great deal. Both trucks were very well maintained, so nothing was worn on either of them. And the wheelbases are proabably pretty close anyway.
You left out what should probably be your strongest argument, gearing :)
Its not like the wheels were spinning, the thing just wouldn't move at all.

1stdeadeye
02-08-2004, 10:29 AM
The new F-150 is very nice.

Gotta go Ford. My pop uses his 5.4l Expedition to tow the Corvettes all over the place. Crappy gas mileage, but no power problems.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by CasingBill
Concerning the diesel aspect of this discussion.

Ford...no good.....they are still having lots of sofware problems. Such as the truck just shutting off while driving. Besides the new ones come with Hankook tires.(yuk)

GM...no good....the aforementioned Allison tranny's. Also they are having some head gasket issues. (Besides its an ugly truck)

Dodge....mmmmm..good. Still the most dependable diesel package on the market. Pull out a piston from a Cummins and compare to the others. The Cummins is at least 50% bigger. Bigger equals stronger. Classic inline 6 design. The same as the big trucks. If the smaller piston v8 style was so great all the big truck/engine manufacturers would switch.(awesome truck)

Guess which one I own?????:D

First point: Fords, Not any more. Fixed. Again do not buy a 2003. Tires? no...thats wrong... they come with Generals, Michelins or BF Goodrich. BFG's are I think the predominant now stock tire. The Generals on a few base work models. Michelins on high end or option.

Second Point: GM, Yes they are having problems with both those. I think the about solved the tranny issue. Maybe. And I still hearing issues about the motor. Again do not buy a 2002-2003...

Third point: Pistons are bigger because there are 2 less of them. But still they not that much bigger. But againg its still a great engine. The new HO model of it has promise and gets then closer to the power that the other two of the big three have. But not quite. The I6 by design just will not turn up the higher RPMs to give you good acceleration in a 4 - 5 speed tranny and so therefore sluggishly slow off the line and up to speed. Why are the others not switching you ask? I am not sure why you ask that when they already have! GM And Ford both use a V8 Diesel. For the very forementioned reason! ;) remember an I6 can be bigger and in commercial applications is. But its mated with a much wider gear range tranny. In order to accomidate its low RPM great torque. Thats why they use it. They can harness that with the right tranny! Thats the drawback of using it in a non commercial application where you cannot accomadate it with a more than 5 or 6 gears. You need about 8 to get that thing right. And in the dodge you don't have them. Nor do you have the size of that I6 they use commercialy. And with a V8 you only need 3 or 4. Because it revs higher and into its power band up there. Thats why GM and Ford use it in non commercial appications. Its better for a smaller truck is why! The I6 gets out of its power band in that higher RPM it needs to accelerate from gear to gear when they spaced far enough apart to do normal application. Its missing a few critical steps to compete with the V8. If it had gearing in the gaps it certainly will compete. Its just not practical to give them to you. but if you can live with that acceleration issue, many can, then its a great engine and has great torque and is cheap to modify. You seem happy with it. And a lot of people are. I know of a few guys have added a split axle to those. Nice set up. I know a guy also did it to the Ford and that thing rocks!

mcveighr
02-08-2004, 11:57 AM
I've also heard alot about the 2003/2 Duramax/Allison, but if they seem to have sorted it out then theyve got the best diesel on the truck market.

Dodge makes a nice truck but I don't really like the fact that you can hear the cummins two towns over. I've heard of alot of transmission problems with the older ones, but I haven't seen anything for myself so I shouldn't say anything.

I never really liked fords, I'm not really that impressed with any part of them.

Dubstar112
02-08-2004, 12:52 PM

I don't see how any of those things would affect it a great deal. Both trucks were very well maintained, so nothing was worn on either of them. And the wheelbases are proabably pretty close anyway.
You left out what should probably be your strongest argument, gearing :)
Its not like the wheels were spinning, the thing just wouldn't move at all.

Um, thats why I said "on and on". My dad plows for Lowes. Between his truck(1500), and another ford 250, my dads truck was a better plowing machine.

Better tires, better tranny, suspension work, good plow and other things. Its not the truck brand its how it is set up.

PyRo
02-08-2004, 01:19 PM
The ford is a plow truck, nothing else. It rarley ever leaves the parking lot it plows while the other is an everyday truck used for all kinds of things.
Tire quality makes no differance in this situation because the tires were grabbing, the motor just couldn't turn them. The tranny in the ford is new, most of the suspension was also replaced. The actual plow itself in this example doesn't matter much either.

Butterfingers
02-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Gas Mopar...

Not only the big block Hemi... But the 4cyl Turbos that NONE of the other manufacturers produce.

Diesel Mopar...

Also the 5.9l cummins/dodge HO turbodiesel is the best... No question...

Heres a Ford F150 with an Identity Crisis... Owner has swapped the Original 7.3 Powerstroke for a 5.9 L Dodge/ Cummins turbodiesel...

Folks this is 96 LB/s of boost... propelling a 10,000 lb vehicle that will show a vette zo6 its tailights while towing a horse trailer...

http://www.whobroketheinterweb.com/shared/F350Run.wmv

yeah... can sombody tell me what that 1/4 mile time says...

CasingBill
02-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by mcveighr
I've also heard alot about the 2003/2 Duramax/Allison, but if they seem to have sorted it out then theyve got the best diesel on the truck market.

Dodge makes a nice truck but I don't really like the fact that you can hear the cummins two towns over. I've heard of alot of transmission problems with the older ones, but I haven't seen anything for myself so I shouldn't say anything.

I never really liked fords, I'm not really that impressed with any part of them.

The Dodge is nothing like the old ones. The new HO is super quiet. I can actually go through the drive thru window at Mickey D's now.

Cphilip....Its all just opinion anyway. Yes they are like nipples on a guy.

Most of my info I get is from Autowurks Diesel in NJ. He does performance work on a couple of our trucks. Most of this stuff is his opinion. I also see his trohpies from his Dodge Cummins drag truck. He builds all but only races Cummins. He sees these trucks all day long. I listen to the expert.:)

mcveighr
02-08-2004, 06:07 PM
The Dodge is nothing like the old ones. The new HO is super quiet. I can actually go through the drive thru window at Mickey D's now.

I just turn it off, they can never hear me.

PS- I drive a 96 GMC 6.5L Diesel 3/4 tonne with tonne frame, extended cab and 8' box. Its got 287000kms and its never had a problem, so my resonses will be a little biased.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Exactly. The guys that like to preformance mod the Diesels really do like that Cummins for that. It's so easy and cheap to do on it. The other two, Ford and Chevy use a lot of electronics and return fuel rails and stuff that makes that a bit harder to do and way more expensive.

They are noisier. A bit. But they have dones some stuff to quite them down lately. But Diesel guys love that sound. And they love to hear the Whine of the turbo spooling up. You make em too quite then they don't want em! :D

Rear end ratio and stuff does make a HUGE difference. I don't know where you get the idea that stuff does not. A truck with a smaller engine and a Larger rear end ratio will out work a larger engine and smaller rear end ratio NO MATTER WHAT at plowing and stuff like that. You just cannot underestimate gear ratios. Its what really puts the horses and torque up to the Ground. And you cannot tell it by looking at the truck. Right now I run a 4.10 rear end. It will flat move anything from a stand still. But it is a bit worse on Fuel. turns about another couple hundered RPM at 65mph. A similar truck with a lower ration would be doing 70 at the same RPM. But would not tow out of the hole and get moving near as good. Many are running 3.73 rear ends on these. And its very noticable when trying to do some towing or even plowing. I suspect there was a very big difference in those two trucks. Where it counts. In the rear end ratio. I bet that ford had a 3.55 rear end and the Dodge a 4.10. Huge difference. HUGE. doesn't matter what motor is up there. Its not getting to the ground right for towing or plowing.

Don't get me wrong here though. I would consider a Dodge with a Cummins. If they get of thier arse and build a full crew cab.

And when Chevy fixes thier issues with the Isuzu and Alison I would consider them too.

And when Ford is for certain finished with the Powerstroke 6.0 I would maybe as well

Till its all clear and sorts itself out I will stick with my 7.3L Powerstoke. That engine has proven itself to be a winner.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Butter you got that wrong. that guy didn't use anything Dodge at all. He used a commercial grade I6 Cummins. Ford even uses them, just not in the F350. The Ford F650 and above have a Cummins option in them. There are three engine options in that size truck. Powerstroke, Cummins and Detroit. All commercial grade engines. Not Dodge spec engines. But then again they have split axles too so they can use them more effently. And the Commercial engine is a totaly different beast than is purchased by Dodge to put into Dodge pickup trucks. Very different. About all they share is a block.

PyRo
02-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Where did I say the rear end ratio didn't make a differance?

And why when you put the sander on the ford does the alignment go out? Yet you can load about a ton into that dodge without it happening. And its not just this ford truck, most of the ones I see once you put any kind of serious weight in them the alignment is off.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh yea. sure kid. You know.

:rolleyes:

Spend your time studying up. You got the classic narrow minded brand loyalty crap head going there.

magman007
02-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Mine popped at 29K. Main Sprag failed. I was not towing at the time but HAD towed the camper down to Orlando. So I was stuck till they fixed it. I did not have my temp monitor in there but do now. But I have no reason to believe it was related to overheating. It seems to have been that particular part that exploded. Reports are that about 10% of those in those years failed. Thats really a lot if you think about how many are out there! New design of a part in 2000. Which by the time they started figuring it out was late in 2001 and they changed back. And retrofitted it in all the ones that failed. But that was the old 100R tranny. They got a whole new redesigned one now. Came out in 2003 1/4 with the 6.0L engine. The Torque Shift. And so far its holding up really well. What year was yours?

Most of the reports I heard failed under warranty. And it cost ford a BUNCH of money. Only heard of a few that made it past warranty. And if those owners put up a stink they fixed them too. Not always willingly but at least they would split the cost

phil, i think mine was a 2001, bought in 2000. We had to pay for it, which pissed us off royally, but still. Atleast it made it past warrenty! im wondering if the differences in our trucks helped us make it past warrenty? for example, we have a 4x4, etc. any ways yea, that sucked royally, we coasted across this brige, then there was the ford dealership! we were lucky to find a tow trucker that hauled horses as well. They were kind enough to tow us to the fair grounds for free. if we hadnt found one with a goseneck, then we woulda been screwed.

PyRo
02-08-2004, 07:09 PM
What am I baseing this on?
1. What mechnics have said to me
2. I cannot think of any shop that uses ford trucks around here
3. I had a mechanic sit down with me for about an hour explaining how the suspentions in fords was differant than GM and dadge, and why it did that
3. He also explained why the engines wern't as good as GM or dodge
4. Watching it happen myself

We had 800lbs of sausage, a guy who had to be about 250lbs, my 190lb friend, and myself 195 (1400lbs total), in my Grand cherokee with the I6, it didn't throw the alignment off, and i'm pretty sure thats over the max load.
I know ive overloaded GM and dodge trucks before, never had a problem, but a ford truck, even not overloaded most of the time the alingment goes out. Maybie not on the newer ones, but on the older ones it happens.

Butterfingers
02-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Butter you got that wrong. that guy didn't use anything Dodge at all. He used a commercial grade I6 Cummins. Ford even uses them, just not in the F350. The Ford F650 and above have a Cummins option in them. There are three engine options in that size truck. Powerstroke, Cummins and Detroit. All commercial grade engines. Not Dodge spec engines. But then again they have split axles too so they can use them more effently. And the Commercial engine is a totaly different beast than is purchased by Dodge to put into Dodge pickup trucks. Very different. About all they share is a block.

OOPS! thanks for the clarifications The Message board I pulled that off of lead me to beleive that it was in fact a Dodge/Cummins...

Zumina
02-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Escalade.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 07:41 PM
yea right... My brothers sisters mechanic told me... I didn't see any... I don't know any.... (fact is you never owned enough trucks to know anything so live and learn a little)

There are tons of Ford fleet work trucks out there. More than Dodge. Go do some research and look at the numbers! Ford outsells em all. Tons of Chevy ones too. You need to broaden your search criteria cause it's terribly lacking Pyro.

Magman. I feel for ya. Yea those were the right year for it. And Ford never owned up to it. Because they never had too. You had to know the right way to argue it to get the tranny done. The TSB's and such. Woulda got you something. Probably half the cost of rebuild at least. I know a few that did. Problem was you were on the road and thats not easily done then. If your at your dealer its way easier. You could have called your dealer and he probably would have done it for you anyway. If you were a regular customer and all. Mine was covered under warranty. But my dealer kicked in the use of a rental pickup and some expense money on top of that. I came out spending nothing even with staying the extra week to fix it. Good thing is they did indeed replace it with the later design by that time. The parts were no longer used by the time you had yours fail and rebuilt. It woulda been fine after that. Many of them go 200 300 K plus. There is a 99 that has over a million miles on it with original tranny. There are examples like that of all the manufacturers Diesels.

But heck they all do this game stuff. GM still will not own up to its Alisson mistakes nor its Duramax problems. Dodge has never acknowledged any of thier tranny problems or oil leak problems. They fix em and hope they last the warranty period. All of them do it. But when the issue stays below a percentage they can get away with that. No one makes em recall them if the numbers are say below 10%. They can do TSB's and then customer fixes on them and deny it as long as it stays low.

But! The one thing is they do indeed have to fix the Design eventually! Because it costs them money if enough of them go out before the warranty does! This is what people call new design growing pains. It affects thier bottom line eventualy so they do indeed rethink it and design it out. :D But the few that last long enough are just screwed. All the darn Major auto companies do it. They balance thier losses and gains and see. But when it hits thier wallet they look for a fix and implement it. So thats good. The internet has really made it even harder for them to hide it. Because we all get together on Diesel truck sites and we share all this. So we know what all of them are doing and reporting. So we go in to our dealers more aware and armed with TSB's and stuff. The site I have been a member of for years has all sorts of very skilled people there and even some dealers that help us. We got Chevy and Dodge guys there too. Its like the largest Diesel truck site on the web. I have written several FAQ's and installs on there that I still get Emails on. Good stuff this internet. It makes big companies very afraid! They hate us! ;)

cphilip
02-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers

OOPS! thanks for the clarifications The Message board I pulled that off of lead me to beleive that it was in fact a Dodge/Cummins...

No that cool. It is a neat project too. But I am fairly certain its the one I have seen close ups of the install. The guy that did that is over at the Truck Site I am a member of. Its the full big one though. And its freakin awesome. It is similar in some respects to the one Dodge buys. The block anyway. But it like has a oil pan of like 20 quarts and a set of injectors like no other Dodge ever seen! ;)

heck I could not really see the thing up close in your clip. But I was fairly certain its the same guy that is over at FD.com. But then again I am certain someone else has done it. And possibly someone has pulled a dodge edition out and stuffed it in a ford. There is a guy has a Powerstroke in his Dodge even! :D

mcveighr
02-08-2004, 08:32 PM
I probably wouldnt argue with cphillip on this one pyro, he seems to know what he's talking about and had plenty of time to argue(notice almost six posts in a row?).

PyRo
02-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Well kind of actually :)
My friends father is a mechanic, and good one. No i'm not just baseing this on the fact that I know him, ive heard from other people in the buisness that he is probably one of the better mechaics around here, so no it isn't the guy who worked at sears changing oil. Aside from that my boss when I worked pumping gas agreed that most fords were inferior. There were always more fords in there than anything else, as far as trucks go. 2 more mechanics that I know also think ford sucks. They will fight all day over Gm and Mopar, but forget ford. I think they know what they're talking about.
How many non-ford trucks have you owned Cphilp?

cphilip
02-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Well you leave yourself open again don't you? You assume things too much kiddo. I have owned two Chevy trucks and one Dodge. The dodge was a big one though. Great truck. A farm truck gasser. A beast of a truck. The Chevies were both half tons. Good trucks they were. I have owned more Fords though. I prefer them in the ends slightly. And know them better than anything else too which is part of the reason I prefer them. I know em all to have issues. But I know how to deal with the Ford ones easier is all. Because I have sort of always had one most of the time

To date I have owned 7 Ford Trucks, Two Chevies and One Dodge. Cars? I have owned four Fords and Two Chevies. Also three Nissans. I prefer the Nissan cars myself. Heck I might even like thier trucks since they now have a big one. But I am not into little trucks so until lately there was nothing to offer there. And still nothing as big as I need right now.

Fords suck huh? Well then most of the people in the world are wrong then. Cause they been the best selling truck for a Loooooonnnnng time. ;)

PyRo
02-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Well maybie they're all like the landscaper I know, and really don't like ford but got one anyway because the GM and dodge dealers didn't have any diesel 5spds in stock, and ford did :)

CasingBill
02-08-2004, 10:26 PM
yea right... My brothers sisters mechanic told me.

Was that a line from Ferris Buellers Day Off??:p

jobo_18
02-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by devildog
well, my opinion is based because i only like muscle cars, so i easily voted for mopar. no motor to date can touch the ORIGINAL 426 hemi, the new 350 hemi dodge came out with is crap, but the 426 is the god of motors. whether it be a plymouth duster, or a dodge charger, mopar owns.

p.s.

i drive a 71 duster with a 426 hemi roaring under the hood, ill try to get some pics when i get out of this place im in. still needs some work though.

go pick up the march 04 issue of popular hot rodding magazine they tested the new 5.7l Hemi and it's a danm fine engine, it has enormous ptoential and "... even in today's world, the hemi [2003 5.7l] a year after it's induction, has got more going for it as a hot rod motor than perhaps the small-block Chevydid in 1956." ( PHR page 42). it also goes on to say that the heads hve "more than enough flow potential to clear the 600-hp barrier and probably do it (relatively speaking)with ease." (PHR page 42)

I am a mopar fan myself and perhaps one day when i am dnonw w/ college and i am in a full time job (i am 21) i want a lemon twist yellow 1970 hemi cuda (doesn't have to be origional) or a hemi challengar.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Anytime someone starts arguing with the "EVERYONE he knows" and "EVERYONE says this or that" .... I know he lying and now and grasping at straws. Or well... maybe he is just ignorant? Which one is it? :D

Pyro you know the only reason you are spouting crap is your still sore about your dam post count getting reset. You follow me around like a little dog to argue about stuff you really don't know anything about. And then, the incredible things is you PM me saying you have been good and begging for your post count back! Or you even get someone else to do it for you! It's totaly sad. Very pathetic...

jobo_18
02-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by devildog

p.s.

go pick up the march 04 issue of popular hot rodding magazine they tested the new 5.7l Hemi and it's a danm fine engine, it has enormous ptoential and "... even in today's world, the hemi [2003 5.7l] a year after it's induction, has got more going for it as a hot rod motor than perhaps the small-block Chevydid in 1956." ( PHR page 42). it also goes on to say that the heads hve "more than enough flow potential to clear the 600-hp barrier and probably do it (relatively speaking)with ease." (PHR page 42)

I am a mopar fan myself and perhaps one day when i am dnonw w/ college and i am in a full time job (i am 21) i want a lemon twist yellow 1970 hemi cuda (doesn't have to be origional) or a hemi challengar.

magman007
02-08-2004, 11:03 PM
holy crap, pyro cool your jets, this is starting to seem like too ballers arguing over whether the cocker or the mag is better! it doesnt really matter!

PyRo
02-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Anytime someone starts arguing with the "EVERYONE he knows" and "EVERYONE says this or that" .... I know he lying and now and grasping at straws. Or well... maybe he is just ignorant? Which one is it? :D

Pyro you know the only reason you are spouting crap is your still sore about your dam post count getting reset. You follow me around like a little dog to argue about stuff you really don't know anything about. And then, the incredible things is you PM me saying you have been good and begging for your post count back! Or you even get someone else to do it for you! It's totaly sad. Very pathetic...

Me cool my jets? For a moderator Cphilip is a real jerk. I don't think ive ever said anything that mean on the boards, maybie you should give yourself a 3 day?

Please tell me where I lied?

Me spouting crap because I want my count back? Thats a load of bull. I'm not happy my post count was reset, I do want it back, but i'm not angry at you over it.
I have been good, I stopped post whoreing, and I have NEVER made a post specifically to get at you, and if I have it had nothing at all to do with my post count. Why don't you go cry about it if I don't agree with you on somthing.

Another thing, I never asked anyone to PM you about my post count, thats another lie.

I think your the pathetic one, going on a little tangent when I havn't done anything.

Oh almost forgot :) :) :)

Mango
02-08-2004, 11:23 PM
http://ileet.net/images/drama.jpg

cphilip
02-08-2004, 11:36 PM
:p :rolleyes:

PyRo
02-08-2004, 11:41 PM
I want to know, do you really think that I was posting just trying to annoy you because you reset my post count?

And why won't you answer my PM's?

cphilip
02-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Yes I did...

What was your post count before I reset it?

PyRo
02-08-2004, 11:47 PM
I don't know, right now its pretty close to the 6810 I have under my name, so probably around 6300-6400 before you reset it.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Now get off your arse and come to AO Day SE and thank me in person. :D

PyRo
02-09-2004, 12:06 AM
When AO SE day is in NY, I might just go :)

devildog
02-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by jobo_18

go pick up the march 04 issue of popular hot rodding magazine they tested the new 5.7l Hemi and it's a danm fine engine, it has enormous ptoential

maybe so, i know when the new 5.7 hemi came out it was crap, but im sure they re-worked it properly, i just lost interest in it. either way, itll never touch the original 426 ;) but ill take your word for it the new one is nice.

Originally posted by jobo_18

and if you gonna get a hemicuda, it cant be lemontwist, it has to be either the green with black, or the plum purple with black, you dont have a choice, its just a rule of men :p :D

cphilip
02-09-2004, 07:11 AM
When AO SE day is in NY, I might just go :)

haha.. well go to NJ AO day then! :D

jobo_18
02-09-2004, 11:01 AM
no i can repaint it i cant afford a real himecuda anyway so it'll have to be a clone so color doesn't matter besides i like it

rehme
02-09-2004, 08:57 PM
i voted for mopar because mopar cars are awesome and then i saw he changed the title to best truck so i would have voted for ford cmon ford power stroke diseal with international engine no better truck imo

tobz
02-09-2004, 09:59 PM
I'm looking at purchasing some sort of old beater truck. 1-3 grand tops is what I can spend. I don't need looks, just regular cab would be fine. Diesel or gas. 4x4 needed. What year/model should I look for? It only needs to be reliable, I don't need gas mileage or AC or cool stickers.

can anyone suggest an older truck? Probably 10-15 yrs old that is pretty reliable? Or should I spend a little more and get something a bit newer? Just looking for something to tow the boat and take hunting.

Thanks.

T.J.

AutomagRT1483
02-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Mopar's own all on the dirt track. Ive seen it. ;) :p :D

devildog
02-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by tobz
I'm looking at purchasing some sort of old beater truck. 1-3 grand tops is what I can spend. I don't need looks, just regular cab would be fine. Diesel or gas. 4x4 needed. What year/model should I look for? It only needs to be reliable, I don't need gas mileage or AC or cool stickers.

can anyone suggest an older truck? Probably 10-15 yrs old that is pretty reliable? Or should I spend a little more and get something a bit newer? Just looking for something to tow the boat and take hunting.

Thanks.

T.J.

any early 80's bronco or blazer, will be 4x4, youll get the 350, and they look cool too. i drive an 84 bronco and i beat the crap out of it.

Mateo
02-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Maybe an old Jeep, Blazer, Bronco, or Ram Charger?

PyRo
02-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Those are all good sugestions except the evil bronco :)
Are you looking for a truck or SUV though, there are tons of 80's chevy trucks in your price range that meet the requirements :) or Ford too if you must :(.

tobz
02-09-2004, 11:01 PM
preferably truck.. NOT SUV

devildog
02-10-2004, 12:36 AM
well, ok, but the older "suvs" are trucks my friend, they sit on the same frame, and have the same motors. i understand though ;) :p

JuggaloDave
02-10-2004, 01:06 AM
i dont like ford, dont know why, it is just stuck in my head that i dont lol. but my grandpa has i wanna say late 70 early 80's f-150, only been in the shop for regular oil changed and the like, no major engine or tranny trouble, only problem is the body is rusting. samthing with the 4x4 89 toyota he has, 5-speed, no problems ever, cept a few weeks ago when the origional clutch went out:eek: that was crazy, i always figured clutchs are sapposed to go out or be replaced every 50k. definatly awsome trucks that have both withheld the test of times imo.but my family is mopar, only ford i'd buy is a harley f-150, but only cause i love the HD stuff, cause i am harley davidson whore, who else else would pay 35bucks for a leather walet and chain lol.

Zumina
02-10-2004, 01:11 AM
K5 Blazers are pimp.

PyRo
02-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Those toyota trucks just won't die :) Although the older ones love to rust out. My fathers old one, he got rid of it years ago there was a big enough hole in the passenger floorpan, you could actually fall out of the truck through it if there wasn't exhaust and that crap running under there.

tobz
02-10-2004, 02:54 AM
i realize that older suv's share many similar truck parts.. i just need the bed for hauling stuff, as opposed to people, which i can do with my dodge stratus