PDA

View Full Version : FBM CHoke Chain, has anyone used it?

1stdeadeye
02-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Saw this on Warpig and it looks pretty cool. They make it in angel threads, so it would fit the X-Mag. Anyone have experience with it? Ease of installation, use, etc......?

FireBall Mountain Choke Chain (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/misc/chokechain/index.shtml)

chizle97
02-08-2004, 11:28 AM
I didnt know that xmags were angel threadid. when did i miss that one. yes it does lookm sweet. First thing ive seen to come from fireball mountain in a while.

Brennan
02-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Looks functionally identical to the WGP "grip" feedtube, which I've used and is a nice design.

1stdeadeye
02-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by chizle97
I didnt know that xmags were angel threadid. when did i miss that one. yes it does lookm sweet. First thing ive seen to come from fireball mountain in a while.

The feed necks are angel threaded and the barrels are cocker threaded.

WenULiVeUdiE
02-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by chizle97
First thing ive seen to come from fireball mountain in a while.

Then you obviously dont know about their stiletto drop, and custom cocker, imp and spyder bodies.

Automaggin2
02-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Scott, I would never touch a Fireball product ever again. My cousin bought a Fireball cocker, biggest piece of crap ever. I spent hours trying to fix the damn thing at Shatnerball. I even went to 2 different airsmiths and they couldnt fix it.

Fireball sucks!

Fred
02-08-2004, 12:21 PM
since when are Xmag breeches angel threaded??? :confused:

the ULE bodies are... i thought the X vert breech was not intended to be dissasembled...

---Fred

Jonesie
02-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

The feed necks are angel threaded and the barrels are cocker threaded.

X-Mag feednecks are NOT threaded. Trust me, I've taken a breech apart. :D The breeches are Angel threaded for detents, and the barrel threads are cocker, but the feednexk is NOT threaded.

Halliday
02-08-2004, 01:03 PM
I think it looks pretty nice.

speedyejl
02-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Well let me set off the BS alarm big time.

Shortest no-rise available my bum.

My CCM Clamping NoRise on my NYX has a 1.1in pocket and the bottom of the pocket is .05in off the body of the marker.

Good job w. false advertising FBM!

BlackVCG
02-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Looks like the exact same thing as the RogueNeck and the A+ neck and I'm sure there's a few others out there that are the same thing...

Mindflux
02-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl

My CCM Clamping NoRise on my NYX has a 1.1in pocket and the bottom of the pocket is .05in off the body of the marker.

Good job w. false advertising FBM!

You have got to be the biggest drama queen ever.

Ever heard of lack of updates? At one POINT the FBM may have been the shortest feedneck available.

Some pages don't get updated every single time a new product comes out.

:rolleyes:

angelbeast24
02-08-2004, 03:14 PM
i use to have one for my angel its such a piece it strachs easily looks bulky would never buy it again

speedyejl
02-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

You have got to be the biggest drama queen ever.

Ever heard of lack of updates? At one POINT the FBM may have been the shortest feedneck available.

The Choke Chain is a new product, Chipley has been producing clamping feednecks for a while now. Its sad to see a company/feild which already has a reputation for inferior products (see Gothic Impulse) trying to use hype to advertise when its not even true.

Anyhow you put on quite a nice show warranting a spot in the drama club about the honesty of CH because his shipping dates didn't match up, woohoo.

WenULiVeUdiE
02-08-2004, 05:54 PM
The Choke Chain is a new product,

No it isnt. It has been out for at least 8 months. I remeber seeing a poll on it back in may about it. AND some FBM products are very nice, and some arent.

Andrew

Mindflux
02-08-2004, 05:56 PM

Anyhow you put on quite a nice show warranting a spot in the drama club about the honesty of CH because his shipping dates didn't match up, woohoo.

Your show about bribing someone to take their frame off them for some lump sum of money is no better. In fact,it shows you are more impatient than I am. What's that tell me? When you've waited OVER a month for your frame, you'll be doing the exact-same-thing. Hypocrit.

speedyejl
02-08-2004, 06:23 PM
You weren't complaining about the delay on your frame you were ranting about him not being honest when it was obvious that he just made a simple mistake since he didn't have all the dates right in front of him.

Furthermore what I said:

Maybe if I dropped a wad of cash on you, you might have a harder time finding someone’s frame? eh

I think that’s pretty obvious its a joke. I'm not sure how that would get misinterpreted, don't you think PMs would be a little bit more handy for a BRIBE.

While I can't wait to get my vert frame and maybe through a little humor into it while I wait, I never said I didn't or said you didn't. Just that you went on a tangent about CH being dishonest and inconsistent with his shipping dates.

I apologize if I offended you on the Vert Frame thread it just bothered me that CH a person who is in a situation I can easily relate, and seemed to be innocent was having accusations shot at him. That aside I don't understand how the possibility that a feedneck came before another warrants this level of flaming. A debate might be acceptable but not personal attacks and name calling.

WenULiVeUdiE, sorry I was under the impression since Bill gets to review things pretty quick it was a new product. 8months old does leave it at relatively new and newer than CCM clamping feed necks though. I also apologize making that generalization about FBM products, I see your in NJ and might be affiliated or supporting of them. I just haven't great experiences with their products which have came by me.

StygShore
02-08-2004, 06:35 PM
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY HIJACKED!!!!!

Butterfingers
02-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Calm... its a feedneck. Why are you guys arguing over a hunk of aluminum...

Speed where can I find your feedneck... angel threaded... ive been looking for a norise FOREVER.

cphilip
02-08-2004, 08:12 PM
That feedneck actually looks taller than the Rogue one I have. Same idea though. But I believe Rogues is shorter. Just from the pictures of that one... I am guessing here...

speedyejl
02-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Butterfingers I assume your talking to me lol not sure, anyhow CCMs

http://www.chipleymachine.com/angel.htm

Obvious problem though looking for Angel feednecks in NoRise. Since Angels have a rotabreech its impossible to get the feedneck pouch to low otherwise the rota couldn't open. I have seen CCM/Checkit style clamping feednecks on ULE mags though not sure where from. I'm assuming your looking for a neck for a Mag here anyway.

Then again it says their out of stock for norise necks so give them a call maybe there is such an animal.

02-08-2004, 08:34 PM
That looks like a GZ feedneck with different milling.

Kaiser Bob
02-08-2004, 08:59 PM
I love the fbm power angle, sure its a small wedge of aluminium, but it makes a gun so much more comphy and tight

speedyejl
02-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
I love the fbm power angle, sure its a small wedge of aluminium, but it makes a gun so much more comphy and tight

Ahh that was the thing you had on your NYX! Really confused me thought the camera like swirled and the tank ended up looking inverted... or something. A little bit to unconventional for me though.