PDA

View Full Version : Paintball, the internet, AIM, and pet peves!

GT
02-08-2004, 12:51 PM
This might be a cute topic. some of my pet peves that invovle the above subject line, and some of the responses I wish i could place.. In otherwords stuff people say and what I would love to respond with. Feel free to add your own.

- What gun do you have?
More than one, and i am sure as hell not going to take the time to list them all..

- what are you selling?
see above response

- My gun is broke can you fix it? (while at the feild after I just spent 2 hours on his boyz pHat matrx/shocker/viking/impulse rig)
If you spent less time polishing sears or "sweet spoting" your reg you might actually get to play a game with yout 1k dollar rig

- dOOd I just shot 22bps over the chronoy. How fast are you?
90, but that was with my old talon pump..

- Is that mag LP?

Dubstar112
02-08-2004, 01:00 PM
How accurate is your cocker?
- The same as that kids stingray...

How much far does it shoot?
- The same as the stingray...

How does that swingframe work?
- The same as the one in your hands.

And finally the real killer...
"How much did that cost?!"
- let my cocker = C
let his stingray = S

C= ((s^2)/C)- 400

AngelBoy
02-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Dubstar112
How accurate is your cocker?
- The same as that kids stingray...

How much far does it shoot?
- The same as the stingray...

How does that swingframe work?
- The same as the one in your hands.

And finally the real killer...
"How much did that cost?!"
- let my cocker = C
let his stingray = S

C= ((s^2)/C)- 400

What he said, except take out the cocker and add angel.

tony3
02-08-2004, 01:16 PM
-Angels shoot so hard, I hate playing them.

-Wow nice mag, how fun chopping

-What kind of gun is that? Old school shocker. Uhh yeah sure(kid shooting a 03 shocker)

FreakBaller12
02-08-2004, 02:31 PM
i want to be on this kids team, i dont want to get shot by nitro it's gonna hurt.

Cheeseball24
02-08-2004, 03:54 PM
wow your guns a semi-auto?!?! mine only shoots one ball at a time!

Paintmonkey
02-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey man, look this kid has a nitrus tank

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-08-2004, 04:17 PM
You have an AutoMag?

Is that automatic?

evan123
02-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Kid points to my ULE Intelliframed mag and says

"Nice 03 shocker"

shartley
02-08-2004, 04:28 PM
A/S/L Check!!!! :D

:rolleyes:

;)

sslecyk03
02-08-2004, 04:32 PM
how bout: Kid points to my ule custom and says nice xmag. Am i gonna correct him? no

yeahthatsme
02-08-2004, 04:37 PM
"can i borrow your nitro tank"
me-no

"can i borrow your nitro tank"
me-no

-cockers give a bit of extra kick when they hit you

the_next_guy_
02-08-2004, 04:57 PM
so what's good about an automag?

Yudanja
02-08-2004, 05:18 PM
kid sporting a rental asked to use my cocker in the middle of a firefight, cause get this...he shoots better with a cocker.

Rather
02-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Internet-

-Popus, Spam, Viruses, Worms, and 'Medicinal adds' :rolleyes:

AIM-

-"Hi my friend gave me your aim sn...o who are you?"...*block*

-"Hiya!"...*hey*...(10 min pass)...*sooooo*... *whats up*..."nm"...fun...(another 10 min)...bye....

Paintball-

-"Yea I paintball too....I got a *insert gun worth over $400 here*....haven't touched it since last time I played. IT had too many ball breaks so its just sitting in my closet for the past 5 years....I suppose I should clean it out sometime..." *SMACK*

-"Can I shoot you in my backyard? I have a *insert gun worth less than mud here*. I dont have any mask, but can I shoot you anyways for fun? I promise not to hit you in the face or groin....." *breaks their tallon*

-"can I borrow your gun? I seemed to have broken mine. I think i was ripping on it too fast. You know how spyders (clones) are when you rip them above 17 shots a second all the time." ... *Your existance offends me. Pelase end it. IMMEDIATELY!*

---------------------------
"..."-moron speaking

*...*-me speaking/doing

WenULiVeUdiE
02-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Some stupid lieing kid:
Yea I had an angel and angel air. But since I have to use Angel Air on an angel and it costs 600 to refill it had to sell it and get this tl+.

" Really!?(in a sarcastic voice)" I just walked away and lit him up the nest game.

NoFearPaintballer
02-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Paintball-
Wow, is that legal *me jsut shooting fast in the chrono*

tell a newb your gun is auto matic and say thats wat automag standsfor and the second they are not on your team "he has a automatic gun!" all they do is look like a tard

" i bet my upped spyder can shoot faster than your emag, i put 300$ into my spyder.

Wow he has a angel! *looks at my gun*. i bet hes better than you! fellow noob friends " he must be pro"

"i wanna be on his team hes got a angel"
i hate angels......:mad:

WOW he has a jersey and pants hes pro

what gun do you have? *clearly says on my gun "E-MAg"

And most of all NOOBS WHO GO THROUGHT TOWN SHOOTING HOUSES AND PEOPLE THAT PISSES ME OFF! they wil ruin paintball for all of us

*insert expensive gun here* are good and all but they dont have accuracy or durabilty of my Procarbine

FutureMagOwner
02-08-2004, 05:54 PM
what kinda gun is that an angel? (clearly says e-mag on the side of it and looks absolutly nothing like an angel at all)

errrrr no...

dude that trigger on your emag is the best ever!!! but my impulse still is better... :rolleyes:

hey why dont you use your timmy? uh i have an emag that is a 100 times better... no its not screw you you suck

NoFearPaintballer
02-08-2004, 06:00 PM
that happend to me when i went to action territory this kid infront of all his friends asked me that he had a rental gun

the_next_guy_
02-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by NoFearPaintballer
that happend to me when i went to action territory this kid infront of all his friends asked me that he had a rental gun woah, it took me a little while to figure that one out.;)

NoFearPaintballer
02-08-2004, 06:58 PM
i feel offended in this thread:(

02-08-2004, 08:47 PM
When morons who dont know what they're are talking about and have never shot an '03 Shocker say something like they are unreliable and they chop.

Woogie12
02-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 845
When morons who dont know what they're are talking about and have never shot an '03 Shocker say something like they are unreliable and they chop.
Amen to that brotha.

WARPED1
02-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 845
When morons who dont know what they're are talking about and have never shot an '03 Shocker say something like they are unreliable and they chop. YUPYUPYUP!

islandboi
02-08-2004, 10:20 PM
"are girls allowed to play paintball?"

"yea im deciding between the shocker and the a-5"
he ended up getting a 98 custom

"you're team name is the bunny farts! how gay!"
"and whats yours?"
"were the shockers fool" you know their team name could be justifiable if they had shockers but they had an orion and two tippman 98 customs they challenged us talking about how they could beat us and they said their friends autococker stock 02 autococker was full auto and that he was pro, oh and they have played one game in their entire life..

Lee
02-08-2004, 11:51 PM
guy says "if i'd known he was going to shoot full auto, i would have set mine to that too."

his friend says "he's not on auto, he's got a double trigger".

i was using my bushy at the time.

"whats that black thing on your gun?
-"it's a pump"
"you a sniper?"
-"yeah, i'm a sniper. see you at the 50."

pet peeve--waiting at the start, all ready to break, while the decked out tourney kids at the other end try to figure out why thier marker keeps leaking.

*captain_cox*37
02-09-2004, 04:07 AM
Yeah me and my teammates were just laughing about the comment from newbs "Does that make it automatic?". I had a friend tell me his spyder imagine could switch from hp to lp by just pressing a button. I dont remember what he was confusing it with but it was hilarious.

Pacifist_Farmer
02-09-2004, 09:54 AM
i was in a classroom the other day waiting for a kinematics lecture to begin

struck up a conversation with some one behind me who apparently has played a bunch of NPPL events, so he tells me about his GZ Timmy

and asks what I've got, so I say i use a "RT Automag", im not sure why I added the automag, he knew what i was talking about as soon as I said RT

but the guy next to him who keeps trying to interrupt to tell us about the 1 time he played says "Automag? isnt that illegal"

Me and GZ just kinda looked at each other

Its refresshing to know that ignorant people still exhist to make the rest of us look good

GT
02-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 845
'03 Shocker say something like they are unreliable

ironicly enough I saw one spring a big leak yesterday. put the poor guy out the rest of the day...

athomas
02-09-2004, 10:14 AM
I'm constantly listen to various people at our field saying "Wow, nice gun. It must be some accurate." My response is just "No more accurate than that spyder you are shooting." They go away with a smile and a bit of confidence for the next game.

Another one I hear is "How fast does your gun shoot? Is it automatic?". My response is always, "It shoots as fast as I pull the trigger, same as yours."

I alsways laugh when the new guys look at some other new players gear and remark about his 20" barrel. "I'll bet it hurts when you get shot with that gun."

member#10,261
02-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Lee

"you a sniper?"
-"yeah, i'm a sniper. see you at the 50."

FULLY

RoadDawg
02-09-2004, 01:32 PM
paintball- Walk into a local store..."what do you shoot?" I shoot a Emag. "Why do you shoot a mag... a cocker is more reliable." Shut up I'm not buying a marker from your over priced store.

AIM: "You selling something", yes, what you interested in?, "What do you got?" :rolleyes:

"Hey your a mag man, what one should I get?" Whichever one you want.

paintball Pet Peeves- "That warp is ugly!" It might be ugly but you won't see my hopper first. "How do you shoot out the other side?" I roll it and still keep my hopper behind the bunker. "How dumb. I'll see you as I pass the dead box."-walks away with his overpriced cocker- *I ended up eliminating 6 of the 7 players that game (back in Utah)

space_weazel_45
02-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by tony3

-What kind of gun is that? Old school shocker. Uhh yeah sure(kid shooting a 03 shocker)

OWWWWWWWW! my brain hurts.

Quickling
02-09-2004, 05:17 PM
*looking at my sterling* Wow... is that a sniper gun? I bet thats a pump autococker huh?

*after seeing me shoot a few people*
That thing is SO accurate... I wanna get a sniper gun
*note... I play cetner 50*

Do you really have to pump it every time?

People that hold my PGP sideways like a gangsta.

People that after I shoot them out *using a pump* complain that they will not play again until they get a better gun than their e-spyder. *Which on a bad day still outshoots my pump*

nerobro
02-09-2004, 05:28 PM
About my pgp: Do you get more range with that? "no, in fact, i only shoot 265 so I have LESS range" Is that a pistol? "yeah." Are you really gonna play with that? "mmhmm" Isn't it hard? "that's the point"

About my spyder: Why don't you shoot your cocker? "the spyders faster." Why don't you shoot your mag? "Repeat answer" Why don't you get a better gun? "I paid $900 for what you see here, and it's faster than you"

About my cocker: You're really gonna play with that? "yup" Is that full auto? "no"

About IS switches: Will they fit my tes? "that's what I said" Does that include shipping? "that's what I said in the thread" Do they come with leads? "that's what I said in the thread" So I just send you money and you send me a switch? "that's what I said in the thread"

And on.. and on.. and on... And that's why my AIM is unlisted on PBN.

There are days I wanna cry.....

argnot
02-09-2004, 05:33 PM
I was at a field and this kid started asking me about my tippmann98c, yeah thats right I love my tippmann, never lets me down. Nothing special about it drop, rocket cock, expansion chamber, looks nice but its still a tippmann. He is like what is that and points at my gun. I told him it was a tippmann and he was like oh I never saw one of those.
I love all the kids that are like wow nice shocker. AGD should sue for likeness rights.

spantol
02-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Here's an AIM conversation I just had. Sums up everything I hate about selling stuff online. I've had about a dozen in the last few days that have gone the same way:

SomeGuy: hey manb what are you shooting?
spantol: 'Mag at the moment.
SomeGuy: what kind?
spantol: ULE body, 90-degree frame.
SomeGuy: pics?
spantol: Don't have any on me.
SomeGuy: k
spantol: I have a matrix up for sale, if that's what you're IMing me about.
SomeGuy: yea
SomeGuy: pics?
spantol: Pics are in the thread.
spantol: I'll dig up the URL now.
SomeGuy: k thanks
spantol: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid =409738&highlight=%2Bdye+%2Bmatrix
SomeGuy: trades?
SomeGuy: a tricked to hell impulse
spantol: Trades are mentioned in the thread.
SomeGuy: i know
SomeGuy: im just making an offer
SomeGuy: not even for a tricked imp?
spantol: Not even for a k-rad, agg, muppet-mowing imp.
SomeGuy: lol
SomeGuy: k

Where to begin?

Strike One: IMing me to ask what I have for sale.
Strike Two: Offering a trade for a marker I explicitly mentioned I had no interest in.
Strike Three: Thinking that I'd make an exception because your gun is so "tricked."

Blocked!

NoFearPaintballer
02-09-2004, 08:02 PM
no one posted this yet...

my main number one pet peeve that falls in all catagorys is

SCAMMERS

03vert
02-09-2004, 08:30 PM
"hey you cant use full auto!"
"im not"
"yes you are. that's a electro and they are only full auto"
"your wrong."(said very flatly)
"whatever, it won't help you anyways."

Shooting my bushy at the time. and it was actaully my friend that said it and he usually thinks about things before he says them so i was pretty suprised. and for his first time he didn't suck. That or i did... yea it was probly me.

edman282
02-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Sometimes there is this kid in a wheelchair that plays at my local field. I was on the other team one game and i was thinking to myself....what if i shoot him?!?!?! I WAS HORRIFIED! i wanna tag the other team but i dont wanna hit him. so i just kept playing as usual on the snake i was aiming at guys around him but then the guy next to me hit him...phew! :D

not really a peave, just thought id share

painball
02-09-2004, 09:41 PM
I'd have lit that cripple up. :D :p ;) (Kidding.)

tyrion2323
02-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Pet Peeve:

people who think it's okay to use derogatory language.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by edman282
Sometimes there is this kid in a wheelchair that plays at my local field. I was on the other team one game and i was thinking to myself....what if i shoot him?!?!?! I WAS HORRIFIED! i wanna tag the other team but i dont wanna hit him. so i just kept playing as usual on the snake i was aiming at guys around him but then the guy next to me hit him...phew! :D

not really a peave, just thought id share

The one at pbshooters right

The first time I came around his bunker and just shot him in the chair cuz he was the last one left. But he got mad at me. I thought I was being nice, but I guess not.

So from now on I just treat him like anyone else, he is a nice guy and not too shabby player either.

NoFearPaintballer
02-09-2004, 10:42 PM
if i was crippled id make a tank outta my electro chair

Enigma4you
02-10-2004, 12:36 AM
The internet, pop up, adds to make my penis larger makes me wonder if the ex has been talking smack again.

Paintball
newbe, what is that on the side of your gun
me, a warp feed, wanna hold it
newbe, does it work (as he takes the marker)
me yep, works great
newbe, why is it on the right side it makes it harder to shoot.
me, im left handed...
newbe, wow they make left handed guns?
me kinda
newbe what kind of gun is this?
me an ule automag, with a logic frame
newbe wow, I was going ti get one of these but my friend said auto mags chop real bag
me, what does chop mean
newbe ummmmmmmmm