PDA

View Full Version : check out new site kicks a$$

angelbeast24
02-08-2004, 03:12 PM
hey guys we have been workin on our site for a long time still some more work needed but i thought id like to hear what u guys think if u have n e ideas for it that would b great.

www.teamepicpaintball.com

Mindflux
02-08-2004, 03:15 PM
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/team_epic/teampic1.jpg

http://www.drivenbyboredom.com/bling/dumbasses1.jpg

You guys must be

ICY HOT STUNTAZ

angelbeast24
02-08-2004, 04:04 PM
lets hear what u guys think

WicKeD_WaYz
02-08-2004, 04:07 PM
I didnt go to the sight. But I seriously hope your joking with that pic.

Prairie
02-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Nice damn song on the website.

Not.

A) It's illegal to have it up.

B) It's bad webdesign.

C) Its annoying.

the_next_guy_
02-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Good to see atleast one of you is shooting a mag:cool:

tony3
02-08-2004, 04:14 PM
wow, looks like every other team site I have ever seen, but its still pretty good.....not.

yeahthatsme
02-08-2004, 04:40 PM
you definately need a music off button cus that gets annoying

shartley
02-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
you definately need a music off button cus that gets annoying
It has one. Look at the bottom of each page.

But I would suggest not playing the music unless the viewer WANTS to, not making them have to turn it off.

angelbeast24
02-08-2004, 05:00 PM
that pic w/ those 3 kids that r like trying to act black is not us just some kids thinkin there cool

and the kid w/ the mag doesnt play with that n e more since he bought an a4

and all u kids dissing the site yes i kno the music is gay but that wasnt my call but i would like to see u guys come up with a site by urselfs to match that

shartley
02-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by angelbeast24
that pic w/ those 3 kids that r like trying to act black is not us just some kids thinkin there cool

and the kid w/ the mag doesnt play with that n e more since he bought an a4

and all u kids dissing the site yes i kno the music is gay but that wasnt my call but i would like to see u guys come up with a site by urselfs to match that
You are the same person who posted this?

Originally posted by angelbeast24
lets hear what u guys think
Might I suggest that next time you don’t ask for feedback unless that is really what you want to hear? I am sure it will save everyone a lot of time. ;)

With that said, they could have been more tactful with their comments…. But you didn’t ask for tact, you asked for what they thought.

angelbeast24
02-08-2004, 05:20 PM
yea i asked for what ppl thought not thinkin how ignorant ppl are i was look for remarks along the lines of it would look better if u did this... or it would look better if u took this out not just a bunch of ignorant lil kids that make fun of ppls work

WenULiVeUdiE
02-08-2004, 05:43 PM
I like it. Its better than anything I could ever put together. But get some more pics of your guns to complete the album and for the player profiles.

gadget68
02-08-2004, 05:52 PM
not just a bunch of ignorant lil kids that make fun of ppls work

Someone of your age is "just a kid" Born in 1988, dosn't put too many years behind your belt.

As for your website. I am very impressed with it. I am not fond of the music either. But hey, maybe thats my age talking. Anyone who is willing to put in the time it takes to create a webpage gets my kudos.

But one word of warning. If you ask for peoples opinions.....be prepared for just that. I wouldn't lash out at folks for doing what you asked of them.

tyrion2323
02-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Comments on your website:

First of all, don't listen to the jerks above. People who can only insult don't have anything REAL to say.

Okay, anyways, here are the things I like:

Your tournament page. I like that it isn't "Oh man, we kicked everyone's arse, blah blah blah." You point out both your strengths and weaknesses.

I like the action pictures, although the site loads slowly.

Things are not so hot:

Personally, the team pictures where you guys are posing seem a bit cliche. Everyone has done that - try something new....like, for example, just smiling at the camera! It gets so annoying when people pretend to be super-tough. Just take a nice pic of you guys with your banner.

The web design is lacking - the main graphic at the top of the page is overbearing and sloppy - narrow it down a bit. I'm sure that my brother wouldn't mind coming up with a team logo for you.

Well, as a team manager with a website, I understand how hard it is. Keep up the good work and try to steer clear of acting "tough," and your site will be top-notch!

Again, don't listen to the jerks who don't have anything to REALLY say.

tony3
02-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Site is so mis-matched and has links and words everywhere. You need to make it easier on the eyes. First off, you have those 2 big pics on the front page, they need to be moved to the side, and the news section needs to be 1 uniformed section.

Otherwise, change the backround to a lighter color, and have smoother banners not all edgy and sharp like.

angelbeast24
02-08-2004, 06:16 PM
see thats what i am lookin for ppl that give reasons for their liking/disliking thanx for the comments guys i will take them into consideration

willard490
02-08-2004, 06:20 PM
I liked the site?
it was well organized and didnt look to over done mabey a lighter backround?... good job.

shartley
02-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by NoFearPaintballer
ummm hwy did you put copy right you know you dont have one so dont post it. Thats illegal.

Actually by publishing something you are automatically covered by US Copyright Laws. You do NOT have to actually FILE for a Copyright to be protected by copyright laws, nor to post a Copyright notice. That is not illegal at all, and in fact is VERY legal.

And there are also things called Artistic Copyrights that don’t need to be filed to be valid either.

So I guess what I am saying is that whether they posted a copyright on their site or not, it is covered by US Copyright laws with as much validity as things that are actually filed for (it is just that filed copyrights are easier to prove in court), and that the notice is valid whether something is filed for or not. Nothing illegal has happened by posting a copyright notice.

Mindflux
02-08-2004, 07:09 PM
ummm hwy did you put copy right you know you dont have one so dont post it. Thats illegal.

and what tournaments are theese. What place did you get... you need alot of work in what you cna and cannot do (that WDP and AGD pic is illegal so is that crappy music.)

You are so full of missinformation it's scary.

1) The material you write and the pictures you take and publish on your webpage ARE indeed copyrighted. You own them.

2) The pictures are not illegal to use, although stating that they are owned by their respective companies somewhere on the page would be beneficial.

Caffiend
02-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Nice site over all. I don't mind the background color too much. I can read it just fine. I don't mind the songs, not sure if you can legally use them though. And good job giving props to mags on your "Thank you" page, or whatever you called it.
Only thing I would change is the top banner. It's too big. I'd see if I could make both thinner (top to bottom) and a little bit longer, to make up for making it thinner. Then see if you could put the pics underneath the "Team Epic" part. Then get rid of the light blue stripe on the right side, that way you don't have to scroll left to right when veiwed in whatever resolution you recommended.

NoFearPaintballer
02-08-2004, 07:49 PM
you need to better inform your tournaments... like where it was and the year and what place you were in and why angels for gus?

barberjohn
02-08-2004, 07:59 PM
well, i may be the only one, but i love the music:D . im keepin your site up just so i can listen to it! good looking site overall, i havent been everywhere, but the front page looks good. oh, and about that "icy hot stunntaz" pic...bwahhahahahahaha! i do hope that it is sarcastic.

Digits
02-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/team_epic/teampic1.jpg

http://www.drivenbyboredom.com/bling/dumbasses1.jpg

You guys must be

ICY HOT STUNTAZ

haha.. I know the guy that made that stuff.. He did it to get more hits at his music page.. Have you heard any of the songs they made? Well all '3' of the guys rapping on the songa are just the one guy

angelbeast24
02-08-2004, 09:37 PM
thanx for the feedback guys

n the icy hit stunaz pic isnt us some 1 posted there pic of them

PsychoBaller
02-09-2004, 03:42 AM
Nice Site yooooooo. Good way to start off your team and gettin them into the limelight.

-baller

(gots some time before its as nice a site as www.teamblackcell.com - lol)

DWill
02-09-2004, 04:12 AM
you need to better inform your tournaments... like where it was and the year and what place you were in and why angels for gus?

Sorry for going off topic...but what is wrong with using an angel, they are good markers in my book, and they seem to have chosen them over a lot of other markers seeing that their team has a variety of markers. Each to their own I suppose.

Pacifist_Farmer
02-09-2004, 09:14 AM
first off, that kid on the left in the Stuntaz picture looks really familiar.....I realize that has nothing to do with the webpage

Do any of you have Photoshop? do you know any nonhipster kids that like graphic art? if the answer to any of these questions was yes...

try blending the top two banners into one, i think youll like it even more, and then you can have it flow into the rest of the page and not appear to be a big old block

sadly i need to agree with everyone else on the music, illegal or not, I can't hear my deftones with your music running

now that i think about it it looks like somebody used photoshop to make the banner on the left...

angelbeast24
02-09-2004, 12:11 PM
thanx for all ur input guys as for the music i myself dont like it but my say for that doesnt mean n e thing