PDA

View Full Version : win 2k

gimp
09-17-2001, 04:59 PM
I have windows 98 special edition now, I'm thinking of switching to win 2k. I can back everything up so it wont be to big of a deal, but I'm lazy. Is it worth it? I'm on a network and I do a lot of file sharing.

jah871
09-17-2001, 06:54 PM
i have windows ME which has a feature where u can go back like a month or so if u accidently delete somthn u didnt want to but i never use the feature and personally i wouldnt. waste of money cuz other than that its basicly the same as windows 98

gimp
09-17-2001, 10:58 PM
well, I just put win2k on, and I love it. I wouldn't go back. It's still not as fun as linux, but it works pretty well so far. I got it for free by the way, so money wasn't an option.

CDN_Drew
09-18-2001, 01:10 PM
Right on. Welcome to the wonderful world of 2K. I haven't run 98 on my box for over 2 years now and i never touched windows ME (even though i support those 2 o/s'es at work). Windows XP is gonna be a great step for most people, bringing together the stability of 2000 and adding the features and gimmicks of ME. I've used all of the betas and it's going to be a nice operating system for people to use.

FeelTheRT
09-18-2001, 03:12 PM
oy, MS just put Win ME together like a 5 year old child putting a 300 peice puzzle together. It Cwap. Worst OS ever. Win 2k would be a nice investment, I can burn a copy for you if you want, just let me konw.

WickeDKlowN
09-18-2001, 06:32 PM
jah - win me's backup feature only backs up the registry

i wanna try win 2k too, 'cause i HATE winME, but im to lazy, and dont feel like payin for it. hmmmm...i think one day when i get bored i might put 2k, 98, and linux on my comp. will all 3 of the os's work if i put them on diff partitions?

FaSSt
09-18-2001, 10:11 PM
It works great on one of my machines, but BLUESCREENS the other. I was able to uninstall the SP, but it gave me a scare.