PDA

View Full Version : level 10 bolt partially in breech at rest

dave_p
02-08-2004, 06:30 PM
when my marker is not gassed up the bolt face sits flush with the ball opening in the barrel and body. when the gun is gassed up the bolt sits @ 1/16 of an inch into the breech. my level 7 shortnose did this too.the sear is in perfect condition(appears to be anyway).
is this normal or does it happen to anyone else? it doesnt seem to be causing feeding problems but i dont want it to start to either.

i have an intelliframed minimag w/ AIR valve, level 10 2 shims,1.5 carrier small spring.level 10 has been in and working ok for about a year.

i also was breaking paint today (@ 5 out of 500 balls). so i decided to put in my new reg piston, tried the cut spring and the gun seemed harder on paint than with the short one. switched back to the short spring and now the gun resets when chuffing but sometimes does kind of a double reset.

any help appreciated
dave

NeilS300
02-08-2004, 11:00 PM
When you gas up your marker I would say its a problem with the sear not catching the bolt. The front of the sear has that part that catches the bolt and stops it from moving forward. You might want to check your sear to make sure its in right.

Lethargic
02-09-2004, 12:23 AM
On the 3 mags I've had, teh bolt has always been a tiny bit past the edge of the breech, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Also, the paint can still break with level 10, it just becomes much more rare. Also, I would recommend leaving a slightly less than perfect setup rather than playing with it and ending up with other problems. (Personal experience here, DON'T mess with level 10;) )