PDA

View Full Version : X-valve leaking out back

richie
02-08-2004, 06:58 PM
My friend just bought a brand new rt-pro.got it out to play today,twisted in the bottle and it leaks out the back.I gassed it up with my tank and tried it and it has a small leak and if you shoot it a couple times,it seems to stop.i pulled the trigger easy and it starts hissing lightly again and if you wiggle the trigger,sometimes it stops,sometimes it don't.Once it quits leaking,it will not leak again until you you pull the trigger again a couple times.This thing is brand new and even was set up by the guys at airgun.It should be under warranty but I wanted to see if it was a simple fix instead of mailing it back.Anyone have any suggestions?No matter where you set the rear adjuster,it still leaks.We tried backing it out or moving it in slightly but still the same.Thanks,Richie

ChucktheMAGician
02-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Have you put any oil in the ASA? LX likes to be lubed!

richie
02-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah but maybe not enough.I will put a drop or three in it and try it.Thanks Chuck

ChucktheMAGician
02-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Sometimes a drop or 2 right down the powertube is good too. Have you tried the next smaller carrier?

richie
02-09-2004, 03:26 PM
I shot about 4 drops of oil in the asa and gased it up.Shot it 20 or 30 times and backed off on the velocity adjuster till it would not fire and brought it back up slowly till it shot good and haven't had it leak since.I think my friend may havecranked it just a tad too far in also.It seems fine now.I could not see it going bad this soon after buying it and not even playing with it once.I hope we got it.thanks,Richie