PDA

View Full Version : hammerhead barrels?

Matt1427
02-08-2004, 09:42 PM
i saw this link somewhere. They look pretty cool, but it seems like all hype. anyone had expierence with these? http://www.hammerheadpaintball.com/main.asp

TheDuelist
02-08-2004, 09:51 PM
I have read both good and bad reviews on the Hammerhead and like a typical paintball junkie I bought one to find out for myself. Personally I wasn't overly immpressed. The barrel shoots well but in my opinion it doesn't outshoot my Scepter. It does seem somewhat quieter from the feedback I got from other players. Hammerhead had a policy which would let you put a deposit on a barrel and try it and if you didn't like it you could send it back. If your interested, call them and see if it is still an option.

Matt1427
02-08-2004, 09:55 PM
well you think you might want to sell it? if so pm me the spces, and if not, that ok.

magman007
02-08-2004, 10:05 PM
hammerhead uses old '93 smart parts bs hype to sell their products. they told us things of the ball warping, and all these other fables that have ben long disprooved.

also, rifling doesnt do crap to a paintball. the shell can spin all it wants, it will not effect the fill, like tirning a glass with liquid in it, the liquid stays in the same place, same thing happens here.

the barrel is nothing special, just bs and hype

sslecyk03
02-08-2004, 10:23 PM
what real advantages does the sceptor have over other barrel kits. And what makes any barrel kit better than another?

Resist148
02-08-2004, 10:34 PM
hammerhead barrels are nothin but hype

Miscue
02-08-2004, 10:54 PM
I don't like the really short control bore... that's retarded. And then there's the rifled tip with a larger ID, what is the point of that? First of all, rifling doesn't help anything... and second, rifling is supposed to touch the projectile!

A Hammerhead = an expensive 1" barrel.

shartley
02-09-2004, 06:27 AM
I know the truth about barrels so I don’t listen to things that I know are not true. That means I look at what the barrel IS, what it really should do, and what the price is for it. I could care less if it has rifling or not, or any special “gadget” or design that really has no affect in a positive way… as long as it also does not have a negative affect either.

So that brings me to price…. I personally would not buy their kit for the price factor. I know far many barrel kits that I think look better and will offer the same (if not better) performance at much lower prices.

But I can’t say their kit is good or bad….. just that it would not be good for ME.