PDA

View Full Version : mag can't fire quickly?

cable guy
02-08-2004, 11:06 PM
please help i have an older automag level 7 valve with no mods at all. i just went through it with new o rings and all. my problem is i air it up with a full tank (co2) and
i check for leaks on/off etc and no leaks at all. i fire the gun and it's fine if i pull the trigger once a second but if i rapid fire it you know 5 or 6 shots a second the bolts seems to not follow through completely and it pukes on me. i have had this valve a long while and this problem just started. i just ordered a power tube spacer kit and that's my next place to try. please help.

PyRo
02-08-2004, 11:29 PM
What do you mean pukes?
If the bolt sticks foward most likeley your bolt spring is work out, if its no the bolt spring then its the PT spacers.
If it starts sputtering make sure you pull the trigger all the way back and let it go all the way foward. If you scrwed with your trigger rod, that would explain it.

cable guy
02-08-2004, 11:33 PM
no i haven't adjusted any trigger parts or the rod assembly.
when i fire it's like it can't recharge fast enough for my finger speed. these guns can handle alot of shots per second. my other gun is a minimag and it can handle my trigger pulls just fine. this same gun could handle it just here untill the other day.

RRfireblade
02-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Have you cleaned and lubed the reg/piston assembly?

Unscrew the velocity adjuster and pull out the spring pack and Reg piston.Clean it all out with a quetip and relube.

See if that has any effect.

Jay.

cable guy
02-08-2004, 11:50 PM
yes i cleaned it and replaced the o ring on it, also it was well lubed up.

PyRo
02-09-2004, 12:15 AM
The loctite on the trigger rod could have broken, that could cause this. Other than that I cannot think of much. Clogged line possibly.

cable guy
02-09-2004, 11:06 AM
the trigger seems fine when tested off the gun and i checked all my lines for blockage already, i even ran a tank directly to my air valve to see if that would help.
i was wondering if the regulator seat could cause this?
it's not bolt stick it's like the bolt won't go and complete any proper firing. it just can't keep up with my 5 or 6 shots fired a second. just weeks ago it was fine firing as fast as i could go.

RRfireblade
02-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Try pulling the on/off assembly and dropping some oil right down in there.Maybe the pin is hanging up and slow in reacting.

Not much left to try huh?;)

athomas
02-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Did you replace the regulator o-ring?

Is the on/off top an older version with the X cut in it. Is it in upside down by mistake?

cable guy
02-09-2004, 09:31 PM
no i haven't replaced the regulator o ring yet and i amd waiting to get some more air to try that. also i checked
the on/off and it's install correct.

cable guy
02-13-2004, 10:50 PM
ok i took my minimag apart to try and repair my automag.
quess what i found after looking closer, my sear assembly was worn down a little at the bolt lock end. i tried the sear from my minimag and presto i'm firing fast as lightning. thanks for everyones help on this matter and i hope this thread helps others.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Branchvillian
02-14-2004, 10:15 AM
POssibility that liquid Co2 is getting into your valve, and freezing up. I'm trying to think back to what my Classic used to do when I had co2 on it...I think it was sometihng around those lines.

GT
02-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by cable guy
my problem is i air it up with a full tank (co2)

when i fire it's like it can't recharge fast enough

thats the problem.

You need to tell us excatly how the gun is setup. are you running an anti-siphon tank, x chamber, or an inline reg?