PDA

View Full Version : Another one of those Emag w/ ace questions

Skoad
02-08-2004, 11:29 PM
First off....how much more gas efficient would a standard bolt be over the level 10?

I was just thinking, last time i played i had to quit after like 3 games because my level 10 was acting up. Then i got to thinking, i can't really play without level 10 because it's no fun chopping so what if i had ACE?

Then i could have ACE and just a standard level 7 style bolt right?

Just kinda rambling.

RRfireblade
02-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Skoad

Just kinda rambling.

:)

You'd just as well setup up the L10 w/ the shortest spring and go from there.

Even the L7 will only save you a little air and let you go 2-300 psi deeper into your tank.

You could add the ACE but it's a fairly costly addition.

Jay.

Skoad
02-08-2004, 11:39 PM
right, but setting up a level 10 right still can flip out at the drop of a hat. Also with my level 10 it seems i can't use any spring besides the middle sized one so that limits my adjustability. And only one of my carriers fits without leaking, which now is leaking. So I somehow have to get an even smaller carrier or a thicker carrier inner oring somehow.

RobAGD
02-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Gte a baggie of RT Reg Seat orings, there should be enough slop in a baggie of 10 to get your some tweaking room.

-Robert

magman007
02-09-2004, 12:15 AM
you see, level 10 also stops the massive amount of bolt speed the mag has.

lvl 7 you can still crack the ball just on the force of the bolt pushing the ball into the breach to be fired

Skoad
02-09-2004, 01:08 AM
ok rob, i was wondering which orings those were.

But aren't there different size ones in the level 10 kit?

angelbeast24
02-09-2004, 12:14 PM
my teamate put ace in his emag great upgrade but no company will put it in for u..u have to mill the gun urself n hope u dont mess up

if u wanna see how he did it search bajaboy n he has threads with pics and everything

ah137
02-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
First off....how much more gas efficient would a standard bolt be over the level 10?

Then i could have ACE and just a standard level 7 style bolt right?

Well this is what I originally set out to do with my marker. tech details here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101661) Here is my official conclusion to the whole project!!

Note: I did a slight rounding on the nose of the LVL7 bolt to reduce barrel breaking.

When using a paint like blaze there is no problems what so ever with chopping or breaking with ace/lvl7.

I did run into problems with extremely brittle paint, and black and yellow paint (ace just doesn't work worth a crap with black paint)

So in conclusion it’s a lot easier to just set up lvl 10, then to install an ace. But the system is even better if you use lx and ace. Also if you like to build/tweak everything you own, it's not really a very hard instal( ace that is)

Later Hills

headcase
02-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by angelbeast24
my teamate put ace in his emag great upgrade but no company will put it in for u..u have to mill the gun urself n hope u dont mess up

Not true, you just have to know who to talk to. I know at least two emags currently being modified for ACE's by different companies.

thecavemankevin
02-09-2004, 05:21 PM
i have found that i get several more shots with LX than i did when i was running lvl7 due to the lighter bolt.

i now have an xmag that obviously has both LX and ACE, but my ACE hasn't worked sense i bought it

Jonesie
02-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin
i have found that i get several more shots with LX than i did when i was running lvl7 due to the lighter bolt.

i now have an xmag that obviously has both LX and ACE, but my ACE hasn't worked sense i bought it

Have you tried adjusting it? My X and SFL would fire with an empty breech until I adjusted them. Here is a link to the ACE adjustment instructions.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105062

Good Luck ~ Dave

coolcatpete
02-09-2004, 09:23 PM
At this current time my e-mag is off getting ACE and other goodies.
Pete

thecavemankevin
02-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie

Have you tried adjusting it? My X and SFL would fire with an empty breech until I adjusted them. Here is a link to the ACE adjustment instructions.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105062

Good Luck ~ Dave

um yeah, if you look that other thread was started by me;)