PDA

View Full Version : X valve and LX Questions

Chowee21
02-09-2004, 01:19 AM
I have a few questions, i just bought a X-valve and i am thinking of buying a ULE trigger kit. I dont know to much about tinkering the Level 10 so.......

What are the differences between the shims,carriers, and carrier o rings?

What happens when u use more or less shims?

Plez help me

Z-man
02-09-2004, 01:46 AM
The ULT is one more thing to tinker with on your Mag. Some like the resulting feel it gives, some do not. Before you even consider buying it, you might try it to see if you even like it. Just my thoughts.

ks064
02-09-2004, 06:35 AM
I though about Z-man's opinion on the ULT before I purchased it. I almost wasn't going to get it because of the reactivity loss, but with my blade intelli my rate of fire is outstanding. I think it was worth every cent. Shop around I got mine brand new for $20.00.

RRfireblade
02-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Chowee21

What are the differences between the shims,carriers, and carrier o rings?

What happens when u use more or less shims?

All this info is in the L10 thread but.....

Shims move the point at which the bolt vents when it's stopped by a ball.Less shims and it vents later or after it has travelled farther into the breach.If you don't use any or enough it won't reset after stopping at all.If you use to many,it will vent/leak just sitting there.Start with 1 or 2 and keep adding them till it leaks just sitting there and then take 1 or possible 2 out.

Carriers carry the o-ring that seals in the piston that moves the bolt.They come in various sizes to allow you find the one that doen't leak but that's not so tight the bolt will not slide back and forth with out getting stuck.The o-ring that goes into it must be broken in during this process,so don't change o-rings with carriers,use the same o-ring till you find the right size carrier.If you start to leak,go down a size and use the same o-ring you started with.

GA Devil
02-09-2004, 09:32 AM
I recommend getting the ule trigger kit. Ive played around with an xvalve with and without 1 and can feel the difference and can get a bit higher ROF with it installed.