PDA

View Full Version : Mmm.. AutoResponse

Venom
02-09-2004, 08:24 AM
I purchased an AutoResponse frame for 30 bucks at the 02 Grand Finale, but because of school and other things, this weekend at a scenario was the first time I actually got to play with it.

:D

It tore them up soooo badly! All the veterans came up to recognize and such, but it was a good thing that I had a Level 10. Without the L10, I would've had too many breaks when I was starting off to enjoy it at all. Thankfully, it was kind of like AutoResponse training wheels until I found the rhythm that would keep 'em coming. Wh00!

RRfireblade
02-09-2004, 09:52 AM
There kinda fun at first but it's pretty much like using a burst or auto mode on an electro whereas it kinda feels like cheating even if it's allowed by your field.;)

Koosh
02-09-2004, 10:16 AM
They are pretty fun... You got a HECK of a deal too, I recently sold an autoresponse frame on quasi-ebay (I ended the auction early) for $105... not too shabby.

Fastest I ever clocked myself was 13 bps, but with these bad boys you can get much, much higher too ;)

Jack & Coke
02-09-2004, 11:26 AM
pics!

:p

cledford
02-09-2004, 11:49 AM
The auto-response shoots so FAST that it even causes the AIR valve to heat up! It's like a RT, get's warm to the touch. Tom claimed 13bps with his back when he was using it.

Here is a quote:

Originally posted by AGD
Actually there is a secret.

First problem is feeding the thing fast enough. You might be able to see that I had two batteries on the hopper. This was the first of what came to be the dual battery Revi.

Second problem was getting rid of the eye delay so this gun has a micro switch in the trigger frame that actuates the hopper every pull. OH YEA we call it an Intelliframe now! It only took 10 years for the paintball world to catch on.

Lastly the best trick is in the trigger pull. Because most people are not engineers, they tried to make the trigger pull on the AR frames as short as possible. Of course it was uncontrollably fast and blended paint but heck that's what everyone says to do.

My gun has the LONGEST possible trigger pull so the rhythm is easily controllable. Remember, at 6 pulls a second you are shooting 12 BALLS per second. 6 is nothing, your momma can do that! You don't need a short trigger pull, look at the vid again and see how far my finger moves.

I absoulutely LOVED and ADORED that gun! I still have it in that exact configuration and it remains my favorite gun of all time. Why? Because its the fastest shooting MECHANICAL gun on the planet. It has controllable firing rate, you can dial the BPS out the barrel like a volume control because it's so easy to shoot. And last but not least it is absoulutely, positively, unstopably the fastest two shot snap shooter in existence.

That gun was TWICE as fast as all the other guns of its day. That would be like taking the field now with a 22 BPS Angel and going to play rec ball. I could mow the lawn with that gun! We played woods ball and if you hid behind bushes...I could just cut a hole through and get you. If you hid behind a tree I could pound you so bad you just took cover until I walked up still shooting and did you.

The only reason I put it down was because they made it illegal. Damn I miss that gun...

AGD

From here: [url]http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57634&highlight=auto+response

-Calvin

cledford
02-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Here is a vintage TK video with the auto-response - look past the 2 minute mark for the best footage - but it's all good.

I've got a used AR frame with the original box and video! It is my most prized piece of mag memorabilia - too bad I got it used, it has a scratch on it.

I love what tom said above about it :D

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/Kaye.wmv

-Calvin

member#10,261
02-09-2004, 11:57 AM
That is the most I have ever read Tom say in one post.

Like Jack said...pics:p

Venom
02-09-2004, 12:28 PM
I'll throw some pics up as soon as I find the friggin USB cable.

I've seen those vids before, a long time ago.. but they are still.. so raw.

GT
02-09-2004, 01:51 PM
isnt the pull on those frames pretty heavy? They are only single triggers right?

Koosh
02-09-2004, 02:00 PM
isnt the pull on those frames pretty heavy? They are only single triggers right?

Compared to ANYTHING out there TODAY the pull is atmospherically long and hard... Hell, with my old AR frame I had people ask how to take the saftey off of it... only realize that the safety WAS off...

It really is pretty easy to get a nice rhythm going though. Really fun to shoot.

And you can get double triggers for them too, the trigger on it is just a Shoe, you just need to get a double trigger shoe for it to work... Cutting the frame might make it look ugly though ;). I'm not sure if Pro-Line ever made factory double trigger versions, but I'm no expert on the matter, just a former owner.

MarkM
02-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by cledford
The auto-response shoots so FAST that it even causes the AIR valve to heat up! It's like a RT, get's warm to the touch. Tom claimed 13bps with his back when he was using it.

Here is a quote:

From here: http://www.automags.org/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=532413

-Calvin

Unless you were trying confuse that link is wrong...click on it yourself and see what happens ;)

cledford
02-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Hmmm, not sure what happened here. This is the correct link:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57634&highlight=auto+response

I'll also update the post above.

Thanks,

-Calvin

skife
02-09-2004, 03:21 PM
I got a friend that has a AR frame, The pull was really really heavy but it was really really short