PDA

View Full Version : Is it true what they say about bad things happening in 3's?

Creative Mayhem
02-09-2004, 11:19 AM
If so, I'm waiting for the third...

The first was my frind Darren passing away.
Darren (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122775)

And the second, My Grandmother just passed away this morning. :(

I just can't seem to get a break latel, and I'm hoping what they say isn't true.

Well, thanks for listening AGAIN. You truly are the best friends a guy could have. Thanks AO

Jeremy Shortt
Captain, Team AFTICA

Cope
02-09-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm so sorry about your friend and Grandma, Jeremy. :(
I don't see any logical reason why bad things have to happen in 3s though.
Just look at it as a superstition that someone made up.
You've got enough to deal with right now without extra worries on you.
Hang in there man.

impostal22
02-09-2004, 11:26 AM
it's only true if you believe it's true. hang in there bro, these things happen for a reason.

as corny as it sounds, in times like these, it's always best to look on the bright side of life (and death). if you don't, it's gonna drag you down.

feel better.

cphilip
02-09-2004, 11:35 AM
I was told that came about by Weather observations. Seems nature has a pattern that generaly happens in three's. And so people would have a set of storms about three days apart and have three similar storms. So they then sort of looked at a pattern of other things. Often in three's. A natural progression to superstition.

Thruth is no

But they happen in continuous progression and forever... If your a pesimist.

Or they are interupted by good things and so never happen back to back.... If your an optimist.

take your choice. I urge you to chose the later.

Kevmaster
02-09-2004, 12:03 PM
you're in my prayers....

Eric Cartman
02-09-2004, 12:18 PM
My sincere condolences. A loved one's passing is never easy, but things will get better.

Peace.

Cryer
02-09-2004, 12:56 PM
CM, dreadfully sorry to hear that. I feel for you, I truly do. Its hard sometimes, but you just have to keep your head up and keep your faith.

You have my prayers, and most sincere condolences, my friend.

spazzed
02-09-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your losses bud..

As everyone else has said, hang in there, and the only way things will get worse is if you let them..Time heals all wounds..

Muzikman
02-09-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear that man... Were you and your grandmother close? Was this sudden or some what expected? I know when my grandfather died 2 years ago, I took it a lot better than I thought I would as we were VERY close. He passed away in the hospital 12 hours after having knee surgery. Other than his knees he as a very healthy man before he went into that hosital.

Jeffy-CanCon
02-09-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend and your Grandmother. It must be difficult to suffer two losses so close together, but try to take some comfort in knowing that a small part of them will live on in the hearts and memories of the people they touched.

TraXeR
02-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Really sorry about the loss of a family member and dear friend, it's a horrible feeling and I know what you're going through (family member). You always have AO to help you out.

P.S. Your name is Jeremy? So is mine! Too cool!

1stdeadeye
02-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Wow sorry to hear about your most recent loss. :(

It always seems to happen that things happen in threes whether good or bad.

Looking into my Crystal Ball at your future, yes I see number three. Next victim: Your game. That is okay though you didn't have much to begin with! ;)

Hope that gave you at least a little chuckle.:D

FreakBaller12
02-09-2004, 06:00 PM
keep your head up man, sorry to hear about your losses
like somebody said things happen for a reason.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Life is full of ups and downs, things will get better, in the mean time I recommend getting out and having some fun, although it seems kind of greedy, its the best rememdy for this. Sadly I have been through this far too many times in my short life, and just getting out with friends seems to be one of the few things that helps me.

magman007
02-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Jeremy, i am deeply sorry for your losses. Keep your head up man, stay strong. On behalf of aftica, our prayers are with you. Stay fearless our fearless captain!

painTech
02-09-2004, 07:35 PM
my grandmother fell into a coma on christmass and died new years. my cousin had a seizure and died this friday.

i listened to some bright eyes music. it brought the pain out of me. i could get some too you if you want some. its hard. and i know were your coming from here.

yeahthatsme
02-09-2004, 07:46 PM
terribly sorry for your losses man, my thoughts are with you in these hard times. hang tough, and if you need to talk to somebody i'm on aim pretty much all day at person 1243

FrAuStY
02-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Jeremy,

Man, oh man.. I'm sooo sorry to hear about this. Things don't happen in three's... it just seems that way. I really wish I could be there for ya... get ya a beer or something. In the most recent weeks I know lifes been hard for you, but the man upstairs knows what he's doing. It's all for a reason. Just think of the great times you shared. She's not gone, she lives on in you and everyone else that met her. BTW I found a poem, that I was sent to me when my grandfathers passed away. I took their passing hard, and thats natural... but don't let it keep you down man, neither of them would want that. kind of a long read, but maybe it will bring peace of mind.. And don't be ashamed to shed tears.. sometimes it helps. Take care man, and you know I'm here for ya if you need an ear or a shoulder. Take care of you my canadian brother.

Your sincere Friend,
Ryan

People come into your life
for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON. . .
It is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty,
to provide you with guidance and support,
to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are!
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part,
or at an inconvenient time, this person will say
or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die.

Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met,
our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered.
And now it is time to move on.

Then people come into your life for a SEASON....
Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons
: things you must build upon in order to have
a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all
other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Unknown Author

Emily
02-09-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need to talk, I'm here.

Em

DJBacon06
02-09-2004, 08:39 PM
I know the feeling. About 3 weeks ago I had a cat and a friend die within 3 days of eachother. I've never personally known anybody that passes away, let alone a friend of mine. But I do have good news, a third bad thing didn't happen...not that I know of at least.

Sorry man:(

Tobe2be
02-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Wish i could be there with you bro. i really dont know what to say but i can say that whateva you need i will try to help ya out. And next time i see you you have a beer on me. i wish i could offer the world to you but i cant. if you need a person to talk to you know how to reach me.

With plenty of AO love,
Tobe2be