PDA

View Full Version : Sig. ???

zvanut
09-17-2001, 07:11 PM
Shartley, TK, Webby, or whoever, the 1 week aaniversary is comin up on the Terrorist attacks and i was wondering when an appropriate time to take the Flag image out of your signature is. i know i can when i want, but when will it be the best time??

shartley
09-17-2001, 07:39 PM
zvanut:
That is a personal thing. I would say, when you feel you want to remove it, that would be fine. Myself, I will keep it for quite some time more. I will not even consider removing it from mine until after the recovery period is over. And this may take months.

However, like I said before, when we send our first troops in regard to this issue, I will be adding a yellow stripe to the black ribbon in recognition for the safe return of our troops. And I will be displaying this as well (it will actually be the same file anyway, so noone needs to do anything special to get the latest version).

This being the case, I will probably keep it in my signature for a good while. But again that is a personal thing, and I would not expect everyone to do it. And after the recovery period is over, I will then probably shrink it down smaller, and display it along with my standard signature image.

Again, it is all a personal thing. I look at the image the same way I look at displaying flags on our homes and vehicles. It will not prevent me from going on with normal activities, or having fun. It will just be a visual reminder of my patriotism and support for my country.

I hope I have helped you in some way.

zvanut
09-17-2001, 07:45 PM
thanx shartley, its nothin personal but i will also keep it in my sig. for a while.