PDA

View Full Version : Any interesting feilds you've seen, heard of, or just think would be cool?

Mega Man
09-17-2001, 07:54 PM
I think a feild that had a wooden or metal frame bunker with netting to put around the frame would be cool. Don't think it would work to good though because of paint spraying from the balls hitting the net but it still sounds pretty cool to me.:)

zvanut
09-17-2001, 07:55 PM
metal bunkers r a cool idea.

lonelymag
09-17-2001, 08:39 PM
At my field we have a similar bunker. On our speed ball course at each end there is a stand up where the top half is a wooden frame that holds up a net. It allows a player to safely call out positions to teamates and hold down movements. Personally, i love it when there isn't a guy there so i can move further, but its just another challenge. It makes a great game when i shoot the net man and then open up lanes for myself to run :D. Metal might not be the greatest material for bunkers, its expensive and if put together improperlly could be dangerous.

jas142
09-17-2001, 10:12 PM
A huge trench system like WW1. It would have to be dug into the ground, so if you want you could climb out to get a good view of the whole winding system, but then everyone could see you.

StevoC
09-18-2001, 01:53 PM
My local field has little sheet metal bunkers and large metal tubes you can go through....kinda sucks to be in one when getting shot at from all angles. PING! PING! PING! you get the idea...

Magsrule3
09-18-2001, 02:41 PM
See threw plexi-glass bubkers! And bunkers made from that board u use in ur garage to hold up tools with thousands of little hole in them, u would get covered in spray!

jas142
09-18-2001, 02:50 PM
LOL, they made a thread like this awhile ago on the tippmann forum, and a bunch of reeeeaaaaallllly un-intelligent newbies who think they know everything had some suggestions. Someone actually porposed playing on ULTRALIGHTS!(Very small, open aircraft with room for one person) Flying in ultralights and shooting at eachother.... How stupid can you be? And even worse, some people said "Yea! That would be cool!" and meant it....

A paintball would go right through the wing, they would be damaged and crash. Not to mention paintballs that missed.... just falling on un-expecting people :rolleyes: Some people are pretty stupid...

lonelymag
09-18-2001, 03:18 PM
sheesh man, they were just having fun.

TheManofMags
09-18-2001, 05:05 PM
My local field is working on a new design for a field that should be ready by next year. It's gonna be made of bunkers made of a REALLY strechy material on some kind of frame. I don't know what the material is called but have seen a small 1 foot square of it, I could strech it to about 2 1/2 feet. I've seen them test the strength of it. They got a guy to shoot it from about 20 feet. He shot 3 shots, all of the came right back at him, hit him and bustd,(one in the nuts, which he was pretty mad about). The balls come back at you at the same spped at which they hit the material. They're gonna make like v bunkers and stuff so you can shoot a shot at one and make the ball go sideways for some really crazy shots! It'll be awesome!

FaSSt
09-18-2001, 05:40 PM
if the bunkers shoot back at you. ;)

zvanut
09-18-2001, 06:40 PM
most of the time plexiglass just wont hold, but what about metal bunkers w/ a wooden fram so that the metal wasnt exposed and couldnt cut u

Mega Man
09-18-2001, 07:04 PM
I still think that a feild where the only bunkers are those that are just a frame with netting aroung it. This would be more interseting and challengeing because you couldn't hide or sneek up on the opposing team. This might also eliminate bunkering so it would make a pretty good beginners feild to. It might freak the newbies out and all but it still sounds really cool.

zvanut
09-18-2001, 07:07 PM
mag man, where u at in MO, at wacky warriors they have some nettted bunkers, fun to play.

Mega Man
09-18-2001, 07:15 PM
Zvanut,I live in a small town called Neosho, its by Joplin, probably haven't heard of that one either, well its in the Southwest corner of missouri. No iv'e never been there before, I've only been to a couple of local feilds around my area.

zvanut
09-18-2001, 07:18 PM
yeah, i know where Joplin is. where u play

WickeDKlowN
09-18-2001, 07:22 PM
i like the idea of plexy-glass bunkers, and the ones that shot back at you.

-Jerry

irbodden
09-18-2001, 07:27 PM
My friends had a field that had windows in some of the bunkers, when the glass would start to crack, they'd pull the window thing out and slide a new one in. It was double pane windows btw. I really wanna see this "bouncy" field it sounds sweet.

Mega Man
09-18-2001, 07:27 PM
I usually play at a local brass eagle station in my town, paintball ridge in joplin, or the bunker in wyandotte, oklahoma

zvanut
09-18-2001, 07:30 PM
like ive said, plexiglass will break when hit a few times, mag man, how is the Bunker, ive heard its nice.

Mega Man
09-18-2001, 07:38 PM
Well I thik its pretty good, of course iv'e only been to the three feilds i listed so it may not be as good as some of the feilds youv'e been to. The refs there are really nice and the guy who owns it is really nice to. There's gonna be a fairly big game this weekend hosted by them called a bridge to far. You probably haven't heard of it but you might have heard of there other big game called D-Day

zvanut
09-18-2001, 07:39 PM
u ever been to D-DAY??? i wanna go next year.

Mega Man
09-18-2001, 07:46 PM
Yeah iv'e been to d-day 99 and 01 and i plan to go to all the rest of them