PDA

View Full Version : X-RTP Foregrip Conversion

BlackVCG
02-10-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm not a fan of the brushed stainless steel pieces on the RT-Pro and I certainly don't like the stock foregrip that weighs more than the rail when it's unmilled.

Awhile back, my friend and I decided we could get an Angel ASA mounted on his RT-Pro with a DYE gas-thru grip, which is one of the lightest foregrips I've come across.

The nice thing about the Angel ASA is it has a pin to keep it from turning. Drilling a small hole for it in the rail, that you don't see when it's bolted on, keeps everything from turning.

After tapping the ASA to 1/4-20 threads drilling the pin hole and bolting it on, this is what we came up with. In my opinion much nicer than the stock setup and as it sits, with a rail I milled, 45ci tank and everything else as light as possible, this gun is the lightest gun I've ever used.

http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/DCP_1629.JPG

http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/DCP_1635.JPG

NeilS300
02-10-2004, 04:33 PM
The thats nice looking. Good Job!

Cryer
02-10-2004, 04:39 PM
I love it! Lately I've been wanting to sell my emag and go with the hyperframe on a mech set up. All because of sweet ideas like this:cool:

laner
02-10-2004, 10:32 PM
where can i get a foregrip like that one?

Hellaspaint
02-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Nice!!
Did you cut a little bit the neck of the EVO II?
Thank you!

BlackVCG
02-11-2004, 04:35 PM
That's a DYE gas-thru grip with a DYE Angel ASA. If there's enough people interested, I'll get a bunch of gas-thru grips and ASA's and do this conversion for people.

Yes, I cut down the neck on the Evo II so that there's no excess surface for the feedneck to clamp on.

Joni
02-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Damn, was thinking about doing this. Went to dyes site...they don't sell the asa's anymore!

Hellaspaint
02-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Thank you BlackVCG, i was thinking to do it, but i was not sure if that will affect the EVO's operation.
How much did you cut the neck? With a Dremel tool?

Joni
02-12-2004, 07:25 AM
I did this to my evo. I used a metal saw, and then just some sandpaper. Piece of cake, just get it straight.

Hellaspaint
02-12-2004, 09:02 AM
I agree, sandparer to smooth the surface.
How much did you cut the neck????

Sweden? I have a very good friend from Stockholm. He is the owner of Action Paintball and his name is Eddy.

Joni
02-12-2004, 10:59 AM
As much as possible, while still getting all of the neck into the feed.

I don't know him, although I know about Action Paintball. The propability of running into him is pretty large I think, since I will be traveling around Sweden at tourneys this summer. The tourney community isn't that large in Sweden, it's a little like a everyone knows everyone, but I'm just starting, so I don't know that many people yet.