PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares change when you get older?!

hostage
02-10-2004, 07:14 AM
I was just thinking about that, when I was younger I had nightmares about evil monsters and such, that would leave me scared to death when I woke up. I would look suspiously at any moving shadow I saw. Now it seems my nightmares have totally changed. From evil monsters to, wrecking my car on the way to work or getting a bad case of posion ivy. Man life gets different when you grow up lol!
=Hostage

sharpshooter1286
02-10-2004, 09:49 AM
well yea, because nightmares feed directly from fear and thats what ur afraid of when ur older. i had one the other day about falling off a cliff, just to keep things random.

fire1811
02-10-2004, 04:25 PM
man i wont even get into my dreams i got some weird stuff going on upstairs :D

TraXeR
02-10-2004, 06:51 PM
I had a nightmare the other day of being a paintball in a LvL X test. I knew I wouldn't break, but when you have a huge piece of metal (from the perspective of a paintball) coming at you, it really freaked me out.

vf-xx
02-10-2004, 08:16 PM
I was killing mutant chineese people this afternoon in my nap. Think that maybe I should lay off the anime?

FreakBaller12
02-10-2004, 08:41 PM
weird dreams are sometimes come from genious like minds or so soem people say.

Dreams mostly are made up from your sub consicous, or somethign that is in the back of your mind. I am no pyschologist(sp) but i would assume bad dreams feed off of fear and your sub consicous.(sp)

barberjohn
02-10-2004, 08:57 PM
i dont usually have dreams, but when i do, they are usually good ones, since my magic dreamcatcher is catching all the bad dreams from getting to me!:D

Brak
02-10-2004, 09:10 PM
i had a nightmare about going to a family party and it sucking and me being mad about it the whole time, kinda sucked

DiSoRdeR
02-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
weird dreams are sometimes come from genious like minds
What can I say :D

Sooky
02-10-2004, 11:08 PM
My nightmares lately are always the same: I'm standing by a conveyor which is slowly bringing an endless line of packages to me, which I have to place in several trucks. The packages start coming faster, faster, faster, I can't keep up! Then I wake up feeling very, very anxious.

SIGSays
02-11-2004, 11:18 PM
sorry i brought this back.. but as you grow up you tend to dream about people you care about and stuff... more people in the dreams tends to mean you'll be in a more hostile mood in the morning... when your little you dream of things.. like toys and stuff.. when you grow older it becomes more related to you.. and a girl's dreams mature faster than guy dreams.. we dream of violence.. ha

Wolfen
02-12-2004, 12:47 AM
I heard somewhere that it takes like 4-5 days for a significant event to work its way into your dreams. It's actually worked a couple times for me. Next time something happens that's either out of the ordinary or important, it'll probably be in your dreams soon.

Restola
02-12-2004, 12:51 AM
My "nightmares" now consist of really awkward social situations, or me being really upset at something and being very vocal, like screaming and freaking out (which probably hasn't happened since I was a young teenager in real life maybe 7-10 years ago. I supress my anger like a good boy now :)).

My younger nightmares were always aliens or dieing.

animal
02-13-2004, 11:13 AM
I always seem to have dreams about the pedals only working about 10% of what they should in my car. Like, I can't stop well at all, or I can't accelerate like I should be able to. It usually pisses me off in the dream too :)

ScatterPlot
02-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by animal
I always seem to have dreams about the pedals only working about 10% of what they should in my car. Like, I can't stop well at all, ...
Aaack! I get those too! The brakes don't work hardly at all and I keep going WAY past where I should've coasted to a stop.

MiniMag84
02-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by fire1811
man i wont even get into my dreams i got some weird stuff going on upstairs :D

I hear that.

Oh, last night I dreamt I was appointing a council. Of what I don't recall, but I remember coming down to two candidates and then I woke up but it was one of those super drowsy states of consciousness and I was still thinking and I ended up falling asleep because I thought I could make a decisions if I gave it more thought.

In one dream I really remember, I was laying in my bed and a gobling came through my balcony door (it's right in front of my bed) and it told me to eat grapes. WTF?

Sooky
02-14-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by MiniMag84
In one dream I really remember, I was laying in my bed and a gobling came through my balcony door (it's right in front of my bed) and it told me to eat grapes. WTF? That is the coolest dream ever.

jwren00
02-14-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by animal
I always seem to have dreams about the pedals only working about 10% of what they should in my car. Like, I can't stop well at all, or I can't accelerate like I should be able to. It usually pisses me off in the dream too :)

I get that also, but it's usually running for me. When ever I am being chased in a dream, usually on foot, I seem to run really friggen slow and I am always tripping on things and going the wrong way, getting lost, etc. It pisses me off and when I wake up i feel like i didnt get a good sleep.

Fixion
02-14-2004, 02:29 AM
I don't get nightmares :p.

ScatterPlot
02-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Ooo, one that my friend had was really weird. He was sitting in a doctor's office waiting for the doctor. A guy came in with a clipboard and said, "In three seconds (or 5, can't remember) you will hit your head. 1, 2,... and then all the sudden he woke up, sat up in bed, and WHAM hit his head on the top bunk above him. He then immediately fell back to sleep and was back in the doctor's office with the guy who said, "Told ya!"
True story!

BobTheCow
02-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bertmcmahan
Ooo, one that my friend had was really weird. He was sitting in a doctor's office waiting for the doctor. A guy came in with a clipboard and said, "In three seconds (or 5, can't remember) you will hit your head. 1, 2,... and then all the sudden he woke up, sat up in bed, and WHAM hit his head on the top bunk above him. He then immediately fell back to sleep and was back in the doctor's office with the guy who said, "Told ya!"
True story! That is weeeeeeeeeeird...

I don't usually have (well, techinically, REMEMBER) my dreams, but I do get really weird deja vu fairly often. Like, I'll be having a conversation with somebody, and all of a sudden I remember being in that EXACT same situation before, and what happened and everything... pretty creepy sometimes.

Cheeseball24
02-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63:

I don't usually have (well, techinically, REMEMBER) my dreams, but I do get really weird deja vu fairly often. Like, I'll be having a conversation with somebody, and all of a sudden I remember being in that EXACT same situation before, and what happened and everything... pretty creepy sometimes.
dude i know exactly what u mean that happens to me too