PDA

View Full Version : Light tank...

Kasper
02-10-2004, 07:56 AM
I'm looking for the lightest adjustable tank possible to compliment my fiance's X-Mag. After reviewing other "tank" threads and surfing the web, the three I've liked thus far are AGD's flatline, Air America Armageddon and the Nitro Duck Xtreme.

Many of the threads were old 2001, 2002... and from what I've read thus far: armageddon's are relatively heavy, nitro ducks leak and AGD's flatline can't be found in 68/4500, and even 72/4500 flatlines are hard to come by. (43 ounces? can that be right?) I haven't found any definitive answers on which is the lightest.

So let the facts and opinions flow...

Twon
02-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Choosing a tank for my Angel was hard, I had choice between a MacDev Conquest, Flatline and Apocalypse 2K. I picked the Apocalypse, very light (almost 3 lbs) the flow is great, it's very adjustable and it's got a lifetime warranty.

Twon

MicroMiniMe
02-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Crossfire 68 4500 High Pressure red collar.
With an X-Mag you don't need adjustable unless you use mech mode alot.
I've also heard of people using a Mac Dev Maxattack or Conquest with an X/E-Mag with the tank fully cranked at 600. Mech mode needs standard output of around 800 psi.

paint magnet
02-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Reccommended input pressure is 600-750 psi for E/X/RTPro Automags. Any higher will only increase trigger reactivity and make the marker more consistant at higher rates of fire but less consistant when firing slower. I ran mine XRTPro with great results at 650 psi.

Also, I have a Mac Dev Max Attack 68/45 on my Viking, and the output pressure goes from 0-1500, not 600 like the Conquests. I accidently put 1200 psi into my Xvalve one time...thank God I wasn't using macroline on there :D

Personally, I'd go with the "Fatboy" Flatline if you can find one in stock. They are very small, light, and consistant and of course have the legendary AGD quality.

I love my Max Attack, it's very lightweight and consistant. The gauges are a little large (2.5" or so) but they can be replaced. I wouldn't reccomend it without the standardized fill nipple and on/off adapter, though. They have an amazingly fast recharge rate (I set my input to the Sidewinder reg on my Viking at 600 psi, and the gauge never drops below 500 even up around 15,16 bps and it always springs right back)

There were two styles of Max Attacks, the 3000 psi ones with the heavier bottles [fiberglass?] and the newer ones with the carbon fiber bottles. They were some of the first 4500 psi tanks available, and the different fill nipple was designed as a safety feature so people wouldn't overfill 3000 psi tanks. I have the new style, I believe Gideon1331 has one of the old style ones on his mag, you might want to ask him how he likes it) They are no longer manufactured, but if you can get one used I'd pick it up. I paid $180 for mine with the mounting bracket. (the way it mounts also makes it easy to remove from the gun if you are using macroline or have a quick disconnect on your airline) The newer style ones were originally 3 year hydros but were included in the recent DOT changes and are good for 5 years from date of hydro/rehydro now.

I'd avoid the Conquest, simply because the output range is a little low for the Xmag, and they are hard to find since they are made in Australia. I'm not even sure if it's possible, but if you could contact Mac Dev and inquire if you could get one with a higher output spring set...

Any of Air America's tanks will work well, though most are significantly heavier than other tanks. The Apocalypse 2k offers AA quality in a lighter weight package.

I'd also reccomend Centerflag's entire line of adjustable tanks, I have found them to be very reliable and they have a very fast recharge rate.

Personally, I have not had a good experiece with Nitro Duck's tanks. Many swear by them but I'm not a big fan. Their screw in systems seem to be very good though. (When I say screw in I'm not including the X-stream, which has a reputation for wobbling)

Just my .02 :)

speedyejl
02-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Stay away from Conquests, their great tanks but they can't go high enough as mentioned above for an Xmag. My friend tried running one on his to bad results.

angelbeast24
02-10-2004, 01:13 PM
speddy thats not true maybe in one case but my teamate has an emag and we put my conquest on it and it worked fine..emags anf xmags only need 650 psi to work as a conquest can dish out 650 ;)

StygShore
02-10-2004, 01:19 PM
I vote for the 68/4500 Crossfire as well. The screw in tanks work great on mags!!!

I used a Conquest, then an X-stream ( max 800 input not 900 like the website says ) and now a Crossfire. The tank easily keeps up, great customer service, and the newer tanks are very ligh t- my 92cu weighs almost the same as an old 68cu that I used to have.

Styg

Vendetta
02-10-2004, 02:33 PM
and even 72/4500 flatlines are hard to come by.

I just ordered mine from Tunaman. He had one left.

Kasper
02-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Ok, so any dealers have a couple flatlines to sell me?

paint magnet
02-12-2004, 09:42 AM
You might check with Tunaman and see when he's expecting a new shipment.

Thordic
02-12-2004, 09:53 AM
My Dynaflow is super light. I think its the lightest adjustable tank out there. You have to buy them used, though.

Augiedoggy18
02-12-2004, 03:19 PM
I run AGD Flatlines on both my paintball guns, and I wouldn't ever switch! I have had nothing but great results with both the 68/3000 and 88/4500 systems I have currently. I just bought a 68/4500 for my new X-mag. The best place to buy a Flatline system is the Classifieds section of the various online forums. I bought mine from a guy in PA through the PBNation.com forum. Good luck in getting one, you won't regret it!

Nick