PDA

View Full Version : how fast

melch
02-10-2004, 01:15 PM
so what is the fastest marker on the planet and how fast can the X valve really shoot

PyRo
02-10-2004, 01:23 PM
It can shoot about 26bps before any shootdown if you can pull the trigger that fast I believe.

lord1234
02-10-2004, 05:34 PM
wrong...26 is how fast it has been shot(due to restrictions such as hoppers). Hasn't hit the limit yet.

phantomhitman
02-10-2004, 05:41 PM
i agree. i thought they went higher but feeding became an issue like you stated.

melch
02-10-2004, 08:06 PM
i think i read that it can shoot 30 bps + and with the new superbolt 2 it could do even more like 34bps+

RT pRo AuToMaG
02-10-2004, 08:10 PM
someone should hook one of those new q loaders on an xmag/emag with morlock and see if it can feed 30+bps like they claim it can...

melch
02-10-2004, 09:38 PM
i was wondering just for experimental sake if you took a long pvc pipe like 5' long and mounted it to your gun to feed paintballs how fast that would feed and if it would give you an acurete example of how fast a gun could shoot i hope i dont sound crazy tell me other people have tried or at least thought about this

-=Squid=-
02-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by melch
i was wondering just for experimental sake if you took a long pvc pipe like 5' long and mounted it to your gun to feed paintballs how fast that would feed and if it would give you an acurete example of how fast a gun could shoot i hope i dont sound crazy tell me other people have tried or at least thought about this No your not crazy... I have thought of that very thing. If gravity wasnt fast enough you could even put weight on the balls, like a dowel rod or metal pipe. (solid)

melch
02-11-2004, 12:47 PM
ya my budy gillie guy and i were arguing about that last night if the Qloader can do up to i think 50 bps and thats with no feed tube and elbows and 30 bps with elbows and feed tube imagin what a strait pipe maby with a spring pushing down from the top in it i bet it could do at least 100bps probably more because of the lack of risastance

MantisMag
02-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
No your not crazy... I have thought of that very thing. If gravity wasnt fast enough you could even put weight on the balls, like a dowel rod or metal pipe. (solid)

acceleration due to gravity is independent of mass. the reason heavier things fall faster is that they are less affected by air resistance. putting weight on top will keep them from bouncing around. that's about it. if you want to speed them up you'll have to force feed it using a spring or something. also take into account that the stack isn't constantly accelerating. the stack stops for each shot. unless of course you want to drop the balls and try to time them so they fall into the breach at exactly the time that it opens. :p

MantisMag
02-11-2004, 01:51 PM
ok let me end the silly speculation. for a gravity fed pipe with lots of stuff that takes time cut out.

diameter of a .68" paintball in meters = .017m
acceleration due to gravity = 9.8m/s^2

loading speed on an infinitely fast marker (a ball in the breech is shot and the breech opened in 0 time.) with nothing lost due to the balls needing to decelerate or from bouncing in the stack.

d = 1/2 * a * t^2
t= sqr(2d/a)
t=sqr(2*.017/9.8)
t=.059s

1 ball / .059s/ball = 16.95 bps

melch
02-11-2004, 10:23 PM
what if you had a spring pushing down on the balls lets just say a spring with a 5 lb push for experimental sake now as i am only in high school and i spend all my time either playing, praticing, or weight lifting for football and playing paintball i dont have time to figure out all that

MantisMag
02-11-2004, 10:30 PM
springs push less the more they extend. you'd have to figure out a way to keep the spring compressed if you want to keep that amount of force. it would also depend on the size of the stack.

dyst0pia
02-11-2004, 10:35 PM
You would have to do the 5lb*9.8m/sec^2 to get the force in N.

Then I am assuming you could just do t=sqr(2*.017/(5*9.8))

That would give you a t value of .026, which would lead to a 38.5bps feed rate.

Does that sound right???

I think you might have a problem with the spring either causing all the balls to be flat-sided, or it would straight up break all the balls. I am not sure as to how much force a ball can withstand.

EDIT: mantis said what I was just about to say, it would be damn near impossible for the spring to keep a constant force of 5lb. However, my calculations would hold true if you somehow made it happen.

yeahthatsme
02-11-2004, 10:43 PM
so what is the fastest marker on the planet and how fast can the X valve really shoot

if you mean just air i saw a viking vid shooting like 40 cps confirmed(air) and i saw i believe a 30 bps halo paint vid...

-=Squid=-
02-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme

if you mean just air i saw a viking vid shooting like 40 cps confirmed(air) and i saw i believe a 30 bps halo paint vid... Dont say that around here... :eek:

melch
02-11-2004, 10:57 PM
thats cool i saw i think it was a shocker do 43 bps or cps whats the dif ? but any way here is a simple experiment i just thought of it so bear with me take a spare barrel tube ( you know the things the barrels come in when you buy them) and load that with paintballs count how many is in there and time it droping out if its less then 1 sec then add paint more then 1 sec take paint away post your results and dyst0pia try squezing one of your paintballs its prety difficult if they are good paintballs

MantisMag
02-11-2004, 11:18 PM
melch that's not the same thing. look back to my first post about all the things i left out of the calculations.

dystopia first you'd need to use kg. second using an outside force is different from gravity. in this case you'd need to figure in the mass of the paintballs. using gravity the force increases proportionally to the mass so the acceleration stays constant. here the force stays the same so mass affects acceleration.

-Jôker-
02-11-2004, 11:31 PM
what if the balls were pushed down by air? like a pressurised tube or better yet the balls being sucked down by a vacuum maybe?

Butterfingers
02-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme

if you mean just air i saw a viking vid shooting like 40 cps confirmed(air) and i saw i believe a 30 bps halo paint vid...

Not to be a stickler.. But the test was done with the bolt upside down in a small room so you cant even tell how many BPS it is the WAV is so garbled it looks just like noise. I can just as creatively state 120 cps if I counted all the peaks.

The bolt upside well how many paintballs can you shoot at 300 fps with the bolt upside down? Ther reason he did it is cause that way it works the airsystem less providing all the air to the rams. Turn it rightside up tune it to 300 fps the ROF will go down DRAMATICALLY.

However NO viking owner will admit it.

Just giving the whole story...

GhillieGuy
02-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Cant happen, the old tippmanns used to have a long stick loader clip and that design is outdated by about 15 years.:)

melch
02-13-2004, 08:26 PM
anywho were getting off the subject whats the fastest marker but thats so fast 120 cps (whats cps stand for)

melch
02-14-2004, 12:02 PM
free up for hu me

melch
02-15-2004, 02:43 PM
i would have to say the fastest gun i have ever shot would have to be my spyder oooh ya 13 bps no joke

GhillieGuy
02-15-2004, 03:18 PM
i would have to say the fastest gun i have ever shot would have to be my spyder oooh ya 13 bps no joke
awwww thats sad, wait till i get my HyperMinimag working again.:)

melch
02-15-2004, 03:46 PM
weelyou see the thin ih hu this i can still pull the trigger faster then you

MantisMag
02-15-2004, 06:45 PM
what!? :confused:

melch
02-16-2004, 11:06 AM
sorry i meant is it dosnt matter i can still pull the trigger faster then you i was typing fast and retarded