PDA

View Full Version : Another New Timmy... Naughty Dogs...

manike
02-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Here is Rocky's press release...

Originally posted by Rocky Knuth
Players,

Hey, I wanted to get some sneak peak pics out for you guys so you can check out the Naughty Dog Timmy. Remember guys this is the first completed prototype! I put a different front reg (Lasoya) and Ironman trigger guard. Manike is the man!!!
Its designed with the pro player in mind.

First Let me list some of its features.

*Small platform - similar to alias
*Newest extrusion (if you notice there are no slots down the side) this is bobbys newest body design.
*Light bolt.
*Super light
*Easy maintenance (the body is easy to clean after matches)

I received this gun on Sat, and played with it on sunday. No ball breaks and I was hitting 19bps consistently.

There will be more pics of the gun at Mardi Gra.

Please go to www.naughtydogs.us and watch the small flash presentation.

Thanks,
Rocky Knuth

And a little bit more from me...

Other features of this gun...

Built in threaded feedneck. (it's part of the body and no longer pressed/jb welded in). Stops you knocking them out, and allows the feedneck to be lower (no rise style) into the body if you want... = faster firepower with a Halo B.

"Mini timmy" design. I've seen people for years asking for a cut down back and top to the timmy. Here it is. The top above the bolt is as low as it can go but still be strong, and the cut out at the back is as far forwards as it can go. Makes for a smaller/lighter gun, and allows you to carry it very easily and comfortably by holding the back with the snatch grip.

Radius cuts where possible allowing easy cleaning. Open smooth areas that hold less paint and can be cleaned easy and quick so you can get back to playing. Designed to help in X-ball etc.

Cut out window, because it's cool and Rocky wanted it. :D

Jack & Coke
02-10-2004, 01:45 PM
http://www.imageshack.us/files/NGtimmy1.JPG

http://www.imageshack.us/files/NGtimmy2.JPG

:)

wyn1370
02-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Need better pics(edit J&C to the rescue). From what you could see it looks really nice though. I really like the cut back and bolt idea, kinda like the empire but on a 2k4 platform. Any idea how much lighter it's gonna be?

manike
02-10-2004, 01:59 PM
http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421448884/0.jpg

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421448884/1.jpg

I had free reign to design this one, so I took a lot of the things I liked about different guns and brought them together.

It's a similar weight to the Alias (designed to be light) but much smoother so easier to clean etc. (it starts out from a larger heavier extrusion).

With the built in lower feed neck and lighter bolt tests have shown it's going to be faster. :D Who said all timmy's are the same? :confused: ;)

wyn1370
02-10-2004, 02:12 PM
they all going to come black red or are we gonna get color choices?

Curly
02-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Manike: Very nice design. This and the empire are definitely my two favorite Timmies. I really like the integrated paw as opposed to the Anno on their old e-blades.

manike
02-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
they all going to come black red or are we gonna get color choices?

No idea, but I expect you will get colour choices just like with all Timmy's... but it's not my decision so don't hold me to it. :D

Curly, thanks. :D

wobbles82
02-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Hmmm..Alias and Empire, very nice, but not quite cutting edge. Dark Timmy..getting there..Naughty Dogs...the new hotness. I dunno what it is, but I like it alot Simon! Its just clean..and the paw marks and whatnot seem like they could be cleaned out easily. I also favor cutting the back off, im currently thinking of this for a 2k2, might turn out nice. very nice, as for the feednecks..whatcha mean? Like this one is purely threaded or what??

speedyejl
02-10-2004, 02:45 PM
What about giving the hammer a much shorter throw? So essentially it would only need to travel as far as the bolt needs to barely seal the breech?

That would make the top bolt area even shorter and shorten the under hang a decent amount since you would be losing space off the required length of the hammer to fly and inturn the amount of space needed in the rear of the ram sleeve for the ram to fly.

Muzikman
02-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Still never liked the fake looking chain trigger guard...though the rest of it is pretty damn cool...

Jeffy-CanCon
02-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Nice work, Simon. I like the paw-prints, particularly. :cool:

manike
02-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
What about giving the hammer a much shorter throw? So essentially it would only need to travel as far as the bolt needs to barely seal the breech?

That would make the top bolt area even shorter and shorten the under hang a decent amount since you would be losing space off the required length of the hammer to fly and inturn the amount of space needed in the rear of the ram sleeve for the ram to fly.

Bob tried that already but wasn't happy with the performance.

Thanks for the compliments guys! :D

Rocky Knuth
02-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Guys,

I'm really glad you like the gun!! Manike has some serious flavor!

This gun was designed for pure function :)!

Thanks,
Rocky

fire1811
02-10-2004, 04:21 PM
wow thats a good looking timmy

JEDI
02-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Any idea when they'll be available? Very nice Manike.

Woogie12
02-10-2004, 04:27 PM
What will the price be? Looks sooooo nice. Nicest timmy by far.

rdb123
02-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Ok, well first of all I'd like to say it's a great idea to lighten up the gun as much as possible, but I'd also like to say that I don't particularly like it.

It looks a little too weird for my tastes and in my opinion, the team name should've been engraved in. Right now, it looks like someone took a magic marker to it.

Hats off to you manike, but it just doesn't fit my tastes all too well. ;)

Mango
02-10-2004, 04:49 PM
That is going to be my next gun. WOW! I love the little dog paw! Smashing job Simon!!

JEDI
02-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey is that an adjustable ram cap? Is that still an issue with the newer timmies?

TraXeR
02-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Except for the words on there, that's the nicest timmy I've ever seen. Definately something I wouldn't mind owning.

manike
02-10-2004, 05:07 PM
The words are a sticker. You don't have to have them on it. :D

That's the standard Alias Ram cap. The alias has a different ram cap and ram and isn't adjustable (not needed apparently).

Ov3rmind
02-10-2004, 05:24 PM
I like the Empire and the Alias much more. The black part just looks boring until you get to the dog print in the back. It doesn't really "flow" like the others IMO.

Fred
02-10-2004, 05:26 PM
I dig the pawprint, the trigger frame seems more natural to this body than others I've seen it on (like a choke-chain for a dog).

I don't care too much for the middle cutout, probably more because of the red sticker lettering than because of the exposed ram-tube.

I think the shallower pawprint up front is sweet, but needs to be carried down into the regulator mount (is that what its called on the timmy? not super-familiar with the design).

The colors are pretty sweet, and I think the way you've done the feedneck is a HUGE improvement.

Nice Job Simon!

---Fred

Bolter
02-10-2004, 05:28 PM
nicest timmmy I ever saw!! Great work! :D

speedyejl
02-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Is that a Dogs micro gauge? Or just a paw photoshopped over Bob Longs Skull head?

Jonesie
02-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Now I'm not a huge fan of the Timmy (sorry Simon!) but that is pure SEX!!! WOW! Nice job! :)

robdamanii
02-10-2004, 06:03 PM
I think I just creamed my jeans.

This makes the WS timmy look :p .

Perhaps this will be the one that comes after an X-Mag.

kevdupuis
02-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Nice, but definatly not my flavour. I prefer the GZ body.

WARPED1
02-10-2004, 06:47 PM
NOT ANOTHER DAMN INTIMIDATOR!!!!!!!!!!! Cool design though Simon.

WenULiVeUdiE
02-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Wow that is a very very nice timmy. I just dont like the bolt overhang. I think it would lok better if there was more like there is in a tons tons imp. But not as much. But I love it. Very nice and small and compact. I want one already.

Andrew

Woogie12
02-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Anyone know an MSRP?

mag-hatter
02-10-2004, 08:56 PM
wow wonder how much it weighs now?

JT2002
02-10-2004, 10:00 PM
now for the epic question.
manike, how much to trade my empire for one? ;) :D (REALLY!)

$tevo
02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
wow those are really nice. can u use HP tanks on timmies or are they only LP?

Big_Chops
02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
drool can't stop drooling ewww. omg i am in love with that gun. i must have it NOW!!. manike u design the sexiest guns ever:D

ramenjames
02-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
http://www.imageshack.us/files/NGtimmy1.JPG

http://www.imageshack.us/files/NGtimmy2.JPG

:)

AWESOME!

but dont the Dogs have a contract with WGP?

speedyejl
02-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by ramenjames

AWESOME!

but dont the Dogs have a contract with WGP?

LOL! Hehe you must have been living under a rock for the past couple months, they dropped WGP after cup and are now with Empire

ah137
02-10-2004, 11:45 PM
I don't really like any stacked tube designs but this one it very nice. I don't particularly like the lpr and cap. Also the grip looks out of place, if you could changes those two things around a little, it would definitely be a stunner.

Hills

P.S. the red and black looks good!

DiSoRdeR
02-10-2004, 11:48 PM
The Naughty Dogs are shooting Intimidators now, read it in PB2X pg.78 March issue. Think its kinda wierd since the Naughty Dogs Orracle hasnt even been out that long. But this one is sexy :D like it better than there Orracle one.

EDIT: ahh man took to long to reply, some one beat me to it lol

truss
02-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Woogie12
Anyone know an MSRP?

JT2002
02-11-2004, 02:41 PM
guys, this is only the first one produced lmao. that means that gun is just a test dummy :D

manike
02-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by $tevo
wow those are really nice. can u use HP tanks on timmies or are they only LP?

You can use HP or LP. I personally use an LP Crossfire tank and it's awesome.

I have no idea on prices, of anything, ever. Sorry. :D

JT2002
02-11-2004, 02:57 PM
ignorance is bliss isnt it :D :D

blakdragon21
02-11-2004, 03:00 PM
when is this gun suppose to come out

02-11-2004, 07:57 PM
OMG that is exactly how i pictured it would look. I must be a psychic. :)

SkyBoySurfer
02-11-2004, 11:56 PM
WOW I like it a lot....Probibly the first timmie I would ever buy.

Fixion
02-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Wow, thats hella ugly.

tyrion2323
02-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Well, the paw print is pretty cool. The marker looks a bit cluttered for my taste, though. I liked your Dark Timmy a lot (you should design an omen, even though you're at NPBS)

I think that you should look into creating a "minimalist" type of look, like the half-milled vikings, or something which is simple, yet elegant [cyborg comes to mind]

Peace man,

Jacob

RobAGD
02-12-2004, 12:47 AM
I have to say I kinda like that gun :)

do the paws in the accent color in a blue black and I might have to actually buy one :) Or maybe mooch one if I could work THAT deal out :)

-Robert