PDA

View Full Version : MicroMag Detent HELP

HyperSnyper
09-18-2001, 01:17 AM
Hello all,
I need to know the truth about the micromag ball detents. I know that the more recent micromags have detents built into the body, while the older models have them bolt on.

According to Pro-Team, they said this was because they had too many ppl stripping out the holes.

My local shop here says that it is for cost reasons. They said the removable detent is better because you can adjust the tension of the detent. They claim that ppl who tighten them all the way down always chop due to the increased tension from the pivot arm.

I need to know the truth. Is the new detent (molded on the body) only been recently replaced the old one due to cheaper manufacturing costs. Or to eliminate stripping and to build a more reliable gun?

Please let me know ASAP. Even those with the ProTeam cockers (who have a removable detent), please let me know your thoughts.

Thanx in advance all. HyperSnyper.

ah137
09-18-2001, 06:00 AM
from what I have heard ptp ball detents are one of the best ball detents made. I have NEVER had a problem with mine.

luke
09-18-2001, 06:26 AM
There is no problem(s) as a result of the change. You can still remove the ball detent, it's just not adjustable.

Muzikman
09-18-2001, 06:46 AM
I have an older Micromag with the bolt on detent, and well...I take very good care of my equipment and yes, the holes stripped out. I put a helicoil kit in and have not had that problem since. I have how ever had problems with other pieces wearing out and causing problems.