PDA

View Full Version : Deadlywind Karta batch #2 done and ready!

nicad
02-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Well, its the official release date (Feb 10th) on the second batch of Karta body kits.. and there are only 2 left already!

Get the body kit that many are calling the best looking mag. ever.

There will be more available soon, as well as our other Dallara and Chord bodies.

For ordering information head on over to: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1290446
..and for LOTS of discussion on these, check out: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110872

nicad
02-10-2004, 11:51 PM
pics of some that were in this batch..

http://www.deadlywind.com/karta/batch2/02100002s.jpg
out!

gibby
02-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Oooooooh! Niiiiiice!!!!:D

BTW, how many are out there now anyway?

ramenjames
02-11-2004, 01:18 AM
best looking 'MAG bodie ever

much respect for the awesome design:cool:

Magglerock
02-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Buy this design, make it standard on the RT and Emag, and watch them fly off the shelves. Oh, and get rid of the site rail and forgrip rails. If mags looked like this out of the box, they'd be the most popular marker on the planet.

Joni
02-11-2004, 07:56 AM
I agree. At least skip the rails. It would be cheaper and better looking. (Anyone seen a costumized mag with the rails? They simply look better without)

AGD
02-11-2004, 11:33 AM
I am going to sticky this because these things just drip sex.

AGD

Creative Mayhem
02-11-2004, 11:33 AM
I actually like the look of sightrails(depending on the layout of color scheme) Obviously not with this body of course :)

I agree that if Tom were to use this or even the Dallara body, that Mag sales could increase. How much of an increase, I don't know.

All I know is that Nicad better have one of dem waitn' for good old Mayhem when he comes to Dallas for Texball :D

gibby
02-11-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD
LOL!! That's something that I would say myself! Drip sex? Classic! Does this body come with an official AGD towel to clean up after the mess?

Magglerock
02-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Hire Nicad, drop the ULE's, and get him to carve a kick-*** body that would come standard on mags. And were are the warp slugs?! Nicad needs to work his magic on one of those!

Creative Mayhem
02-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by gibby

LOL!! That's something that I would say myself! Drip sex? Classic! Does this body come with an official AGD towel to clean up after the mess?

HAHAHA that could actually work Gibby!

Creative Mayhem
02-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Magglerock
Hire Nicad, drop the ULE's, and get him to carve a kick-*** body that would come standard on mags. And were are the warp slugs?! Nicad needs to work his magic on one of those!

Yeah.... What he said... :D

Caffiend
02-11-2004, 02:06 PM
mine gets here on Friday
*giggles like a school girl*

THANKS NICAD!!

FrAuStY
02-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Magglerock

Originally posted by Creative Mayhem

Yeah.... What he said... :D

Yeah what they said... especially the warp bodies!! Don't forget us!!!!!!!!!

Mango
02-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

Tom please...I don't ever want to hear you say that. :eek: :p

Fred
02-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Oh, I think I'd definitely scrounge up the cash in the future for a Warp-Karta... or a Warp-Chord V2...

Those look great btw!

I'm scared by what Tom said... :eek:

---Fred

cphilip
02-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Oh Colin.... My stuff is all ready to go out to you tomorrow for the RTP project! :D

einhander619
02-11-2004, 07:02 PM
My stuff is all ready to go out to you tomorrow

MY stuff is ready to go all over the keyboard, I really need a job.

arowmic
02-12-2004, 03:50 AM
Another picture of the 2nd batch.
http://www.arowmic.com/dw/kartabatch2.jpg

ntn4502
02-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Nicad, I'll take one right now as soon as you answer me question in the dealers thread:D

cphilip
02-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Come to me my little precious..... :cool:

paint magnet
02-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Frausty, if you don't want to wait for a warp version, you could always buy one of Rogue's warp adapters for similar results.

gibby
02-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Eni miny miny mo...catch a tiger by the toe...if he hollars let himm go...eni miny miny mo...my mother told me to pick....ALL OF THEM!!! AAAH!!

Nice batch...but show me the colors! :D

StygShore
02-12-2004, 12:39 PM
How sad is it that the second pic in this posting is now my desktop background.

#14 on its way to get a nice shiney coat of gloss black...

Checklist

Karta Body - check
Karta Emag Rail - check
Guts for the rail, vert CA, and AGD forgrip - On Order
Xvalve - check
Custom Full Tilt Ceramic Barrel Kit - 1+ month to get made
Check It Sure Fit cut down - Waiting on delivery to Killer
Black Blade Intelliframe - Check
Logic E-Frame - Patiently waiting to spend more money

Body and soul - Beaten and abused working OT to pay for it all - check

Of course, there will be pictures...

Styg

richie
02-12-2004, 07:17 PM
The only thing that troubles me is Tom using "sticky","drip", and "sex" all in the same sentence.:cool: Love that metalwork!!

jayloo
02-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

Caffiend
02-13-2004, 05:21 PM
I JUST GOT MINE!!!!!!!!
Thanks Nicad, it's looks (four letter word) AWESOME!!

gibby
02-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Hey Jayloo...get your's ano'd yet? Caffiend...how dare you say that without showing any pictures!;)

cphilip
02-13-2004, 05:42 PM
cphilip's Checklist

Karta Body - Sluggo in box thats about to arrive in Texas tomorrow
Karta Emag Rail - Naw... RTP rail in same box...
Guts for the rail, vert CA, and AGD Forgrip - in that box!
Xvalve - Also in the box about to arrive in Texas...
Custom Full Tilt Ceramic Barrel Kit - Naw... but a raw one in the box! SliceNdice one. Gonna see what Nicad can do with it into the body.
Check It Sure Fit cut down - Naw...Rogue neck in that box!
Black Blade Intelliframe - took Nickel one off and sitting here. Not in the box but...
Logic E-Frame - In that box!
Custom Grip Jewel - Cryer designed it and Heather making it.

:D

gibby
02-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
cphilip's Checklist

Karta Body - Sluggo in box thats about to arrive in Texas tomorrow
Karta Emag Rail - Naw... RTP rail in same box...
Guts for the rail, vert CA, and AGD Forgrip - in that box!
Xvalve - Also in the box about to arrive in Texas...
Custom Full Tilt Ceramic Barrel Kit - Naw... but a raw one in the box! SliceNdice one. Gonna see what Nicad can do with it into the body.
Check It Sure Fit cut down - Naw...Rogue neck in that box!
Black Blade Intelliframe - took Nickel one off and sitting here. Not in the box but...
Logic E-Frame - In that box!
Custom Grip Jewel - Cryer designed it and Heather making it.

:D
Sweet! Sounds like it's gonna be something else! Definitely show pics once it's complete! I've yet to see a completed Karta Emag/mag. Most I've seen are either unano'd or half complete which doesn't do this body justice!

cphilip
02-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Well Gibster.... if you will look at that list you will note that I sent things to Colin that he did not really need to do the body and rail and grip alone. Not all of it would he have needed. The reason I did that was for him to be able to stick it together after anno and get pictures of it. And it will be complete when he has it so I sent the parts for him to use in pictures. I sent everything he would need to get good pictures of a RTP/Karta/Logic marker complete. The first that I know of that will be complete....

So this way you all should see pictures quicker than waiting on it to get back to me and take them. Nicad will take some.

jayloo
02-14-2004, 03:42 AM
Hey Jayloo...get your's ano'd yet? Caffiend...how dare you say that without showing any pictures!;)

My X is in the next batch which is due in the next 4 weeks. After I get it ... then I will get my Karta annoed.

cphilip
02-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Colin. Don't forget to snap a "before" picture for me. I forgot to lay everything out on a table and get that before I packed it up and shipped.

BTW.... check is enclosed.

nicad
02-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Phil- will do!

there are going to be some NICE looking Karta setups coming to life in the next few weeks or so.. keep an eye out for them. Can't wait to start spewing the pics.. :)

out!

minimag187
02-15-2004, 01:50 AM
If I owned a mag, I would get one. (emag)

Chronobreak
02-15-2004, 03:59 PM
HEY GIBBY i agree most of these kartas are no where near there potential im working on mine and it may be a while but il be sure to post pics of this thing i must ask HOW MANY KARTAS ARE OUT! i ahve number 13 :/ i was just curious where this number satnds in the chain i aso must say the rouge rails look exceptional with the karta bodies thats all

Magglerock
02-15-2004, 04:10 PM
This is the most beutiful design to ever grace a mag. Not only does it put the X-mag to shame, but there are few - if any - other markers that can touch it. Tom, make this standard on the Emag. Could the day come when we see custom mags a common option, just like the cocker market? With the karta body and the ELF frame, its a whole new model. Maybe Nicad and Coolhand can team and sell them as a package? Can you imagine a Nicad-shaped neck and Elf frame, allowing an integrated Karta theme over the entire marker? Maybe that should replace the X? That would certainly be worth $1600! It took a a year or two and the genious of the Deadlywind boys to do it, but I think we can safely say that the slug has finally lived-up to its potential. Now if we could only get some warp slugs and slug rails...

StygShore
02-15-2004, 05:46 PM
I've got #14 on its way to anno

Hopefully Coolhand wont have too much problem with the E-logic frame. Its sounding like he has a lot of rework to do to get the guts in a frame, and still make it useable.

Somewhere down the line, I would like to get everything anodized with a gloss black to clear/silver fade, but sticking with a combination of gloss and matte black for now.

Whats the progress on the last batch that went out for anodizing Nicad?

I think we need to get on Nicad to come up with a sick forgrip and feed neck to go with these bodies.

Styg

nicad
02-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Kartas are currently at #023.
should be close to #030 by Texball.

out!

Kasper
02-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Just placed my order, and I'm bummed I didn't get #13 ::grumbles::

What number did I get Nicad?

PsychoBaller
02-16-2004, 03:35 AM
HOTTTTTTNEEEEESSSSSSS...... whooo whooooo...

Heh... assuming I'm gonna have to get in the next batch to start on my SFL/Karta ULE Xmag Project.

-baller

evan123
02-16-2004, 12:36 PM
How could it be an x-mag with a Karta body. An x-mag is made an x-mag from the body and built in rai;l with ace. If you take that away its an emag.

I am refering to the post above mine.

danger_crane
02-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey Jayloo...get your's ano'd yet?

I ask him that everytime I see him. The latest answer was that he was waiting on his red/black fade Xmag to arrive before he sent it in for ano. It could happen later this month.

jayloo
02-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Tom was at the AO day this last friday and he stated the next xmag batch is only 4 weeks away from completion. I know for sure mine is one of them. Tom stated the bodies were currently at anno.

I won't send out my only gun to get annoed and not have anything to play with. Besides I am still trying to decide what color/design should I get it annoed.

Maybe I'll let AO decide by vote. Any suggestions .. I like red though.

Chronobreak
02-16-2004, 10:00 PM
just a suggestion ide keep it simple but feel free to let me know so i can get in on that batch too ;)

gibby
02-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by jayloo
Any suggestions .. I like red though.
dust, red to black fade :)

cphilip
02-17-2004, 08:25 AM
Going to Anno today.... :)

http://www.deadlywind.com/karta/for_cphilip/02170006.JPG

FreakBaller12
02-17-2004, 08:35 AM
danggggg cphil that is very very nice, i liek the body and trigger frame combo, what color?

cphilip
02-17-2004, 08:38 AM
All rest Gloss Black with Clear grip frame.

cphilip
02-17-2004, 08:39 AM
http://www.deadlywind.com/karta/for_cphilip/02170005.JPG

gibby
02-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Nice! Let us know how you like the vert frame. :)

S.S bandit AL
02-17-2004, 05:27 PM
would a warp ule body fit one W/O haveing to mill or drill any of the rail(karta) of and does anyone ahve pics of one with with it on

gibby
02-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by S.S bandit AL
would a warp ule body fit one W/O haveing to mill or drill any of the rail(karta) of and does anyone ahve pics of one with with it on I don't think it'll fit. It's basically an Emag or RTP rail milled to flow with the body design...I think you'd still need the notch on the rail to fit a ULE Warp body.

Creative Mayhem
02-19-2004, 10:37 AM
looking sweet phil... im going to be joining the KARTA OWNER's GROUP soon!!! #10 come to me darling... :D

S.S bandit AL
02-19-2004, 05:21 PM
so is there a karta owners group ? and can any design a jewel like the emag one to say Karta E-Mag or just Karta?

jayloo
02-19-2004, 05:24 PM
I have #004.

Joni
02-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Bandit, I think frymarker makes custom jewels.

StygShore
02-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Colin should just get ahold of Heather and have her make a custom jewel for these bodies - he could include them in a little baggie so you dont have to use them if you dont want them.

Styg

nicad
02-19-2004, 08:48 PM
I have more updates of Cphils now anodized all pretty. pics sometime soon if i get the time. Also have my own little setup all black.. will be for sale at Texball. lastly, got a Blood red Emag one finished up today. DAM. i need some good sunlight to get decent pics of this bad boy. :)

way ahead of yall on the jewels. I'v been working with Heather on something for the Emag jewel-- heres a pic she sent me this morning of what she has done so far. :p
http://www.deadlywind.com/karta/frymark_jewels.jpg

out!

cphilip
02-19-2004, 09:10 PM
WHA!!!! Done and no picture!!!! WHAAAAAAA!!! :D

Hey Heather where is my jewel? You get the T shirt or is it lost in the mail or something? :(

S.S bandit AL
02-19-2004, 09:15 PM
are the jewels goinng to be the deadlywind or different one

StygShore
02-19-2004, 10:05 PM
awww... don't see mine in that pile yet.... Does this mean the 2nd batch are back from anno and ready to ship....

Blood red... making me rethink the all black plan.....

Styg

Hey little touch of class, put a jewel on each person's Karta body with their AO name on it :)

Hail II Him
02-19-2004, 11:00 PM
niiice

Chronobreak
02-19-2004, 11:02 PM
im assuming there would be a karta jewel....and uhm i for one would like to see the first completed karta mag aka cphil's mag but w/e and p.s. im doing a karta/rouge mag burnt orange just letting ya know so no idea stealing...:/

FutureMagOwner
02-19-2004, 11:13 PM
hey nicad think you can hook me up with a pair of clear jewels when you get them for my chorded emag? ;) :D

after all it is even more of a "pimp agg gat muppet killer" than that beauty cphil just made (heck i want one of those now as well lol, accualy my friend is looking at an rt pro now that i think about it cphil wanna hook him up? ;) :cool: )

PabloHoney
02-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Has Colin Locked himself indoors with no contact to the outside world to work on his next project. has anyone been in contact with him recently, I have been e-mailing him with no response. Let me know. Oh yeah, this body system is pretty sweet.

cphilip
02-23-2004, 07:54 PM
I have not heard from him either. I am guessing he went away for the weekend or something maybe. Or maybe he is just overlaoded and swamped or sick or something. I recall him posting he was going to get some picts up when he got time and that was like last thursday night or so. And then Poof! I think someone should check the border. He might be making a run for it! :D

NGp8ball
02-23-2004, 09:13 PM
mmmmmmmm karta. all i have to say is WOW! those are damb nice

S.S bandit AL
02-23-2004, 09:47 PM
all i want to know is where my karta body is

nicad
02-24-2004, 01:41 AM
guys guys! I'v been away at Texball since thursday night. Im still not back yet.. will be resumeing tomorrow (tuesday) someime after I get into Houston.
Except for Cphils, everyones bodies that are ready have been shipped out or they are waiting to get bak from anodizing.. and then shipped out.

Im still here.. somewhere. I think. :)

out!

PabloHoney
02-24-2004, 01:53 AM
Nicad, there were rumors that you got stranded in Mexico or something. I guess you can disregard all the hate mail i've been sending you:) Hope Texball was fun.

Paul L.

StygShore
02-24-2004, 02:34 AM
any chance in hell my stuff will be her by Satuday this week?

I'm supposed to play Atomix on Sunday, and I'm thinking I might get tore up a bit trying to use my pump :)

Styg

cphilip
02-24-2004, 07:31 AM
Except for cphil's? Where are your priorities Nicad!!!!! :D

nicad
02-24-2004, 08:24 PM
OK all im back and settled in from Texball. :)
you may be wondering.. "Wait, dont you live in Texas, yet you had to travel a decent ways to get to a 'TEXball' event and back?"
well, yes.. but those that ask that probably dont comprehend the size of Texas. :)

but good news is, lots of Kartas as well as some Dallaras are back from the anodizers (as of yesterday or day before) and I'll be getting them shipped out tomorrow. yeehaw..

out for now!

*edit*
except for Cphils- whos wont be going out for another few months. hah!! :D

cphilip
02-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by nicad

*edit*
except for Cphils- whos wont be going out for another few months. hah!! :D

Time for ole unka Phil to clean his rifle, saddle up old Bessie and head for out Tejas with a attitude! :D

nicad
02-25-2004, 08:15 PM
and for a few pics..
blood red:
http://www.deadlywind.com/karta/blood_red/02250030s.jpg

http://www.deadlywind.com/karta/blood_red/02250021s.jpg

nicad
02-25-2004, 08:18 PM
grey: (its actually slightly darker in real life.. not bad looking at all!)

http://www.deadlywind.com/karta/grey/02250031s.jpg

Chronobreak
02-25-2004, 10:16 PM
WHOS RED E-MAG IS THAT!! NICE!!!

mangomag
02-26-2004, 01:05 AM
nice grey one! big ups to the one it belongs to ;)

jayloo
02-26-2004, 01:20 AM
Nicad, can yall install an ace? Milling and all?

gibby
02-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Seeing those things brings a tear to my eyes!;)

momags!
02-26-2004, 05:30 AM
emailed ya...