PDA

View Full Version : Good day with my mag

X-Plosive
09-18-2001, 08:24 AM
I went out on sunday. Everything went pretty good except for the first 2 games. The first one was on the speedball field. I enjoyed it until I slid into a bunker at the 50 and there was a guy conveniently waiting for me. I got 3 shots one of them which felt a great deal hotter than the others. One in the head, one in the thigh and one in the leg. The second game was on some new strange spool field which I may honestly say was worthless. It was like 4 to a bunker. Anyway my Retro Z-grip mag treated me pretty well and believe it or not my revvy never missed a beat. I thank Load SM5 for helping me out with the whole qd/slidecheck on my 68cu 4500psi Raptor tank. I was amazed at how well my gun works and FEELS with a new offset tank setup. I have been debating buying a warp but I don't think its right for me. It just seems like a little too much extra weight and a little strange when crawling but who knows. I know its all about "balance" but there is no such thing as balance when making a run to the 50. I would like to test one out sometime. The next 4 games went very smooth except for a teammate shooting me in the back. I was at about the 60 and he was at the 20. He thought I was an enemy with my back turned to him or atleast I assume thats what happened. I was letting my friends use the minimag but it seemed to have some choppage issues. I was not using the gun so I'll have to test it out myself. I was surprised at the ammount of mags at the field that day. However most of the better players did have autocockers. I did see a very impressive demonstration of a kid with a hinge blade on his cocker. He absolutely could not chop a ball. He had shortstroked it 3 times but still no chop. I can only guess his rate of fire was about 7 even though it sounded a lot faster. It always seems to sound faster than it really is but..... That was probably the fastest I ever saw an autocker shoot over the chrono. The field was kind of filled with semi-bad players but it was still fun. This kid with an autococker said he needs the cocker for range otherwise he'd like to get a mag. I see a kid with a chrome SF feed mag shoot a ball. Then the kid with the autococker says thats nothing. He then archs the autococker at a 45 degree angle and fires. The previous week he was at the paintball store and had just purchased a feak barrel kit. The clerk told him to put an o-ring on the backpiece before putting it on. He then forgets about the o-ring and just twists the back piece on. He is now unable to unscrew it so he asks for help. The clerk was struggling with it and the end scratched up the threads on both the barrel and the gun. It wasn't bad enough to effect performance but it's just the fact that he screwed it on so tight without an o-ring. As for the specs on my gun.....

-Black HR p/f body
-ReTro valve
-LAPCO BigShot
-Z-grip
-KAPP foregrip extender (modified for z-grip)
-KAPP forgrip
-LAPCO 2 hole vertical ASA adapter
-DYE micro guage
-32* qd/slidecheck combo running to the retro
-7 inch SS hose
-2 KAPP 90* swivel elbows
-2 90* swivel Macroline elbows at the bottom of the gas thru going to the Raptor
-68cu 4500 psi raptor
-ANS black fill nipple cover
-KAPP stuby DZII with milled K
ACI smoke elbow
12 revvolution which actually kept up with my firing much to my surprise

My minimag is just chrome with a benchmark rail and a 47cu flatline. It has a foregrip but nothing else real special. One moreinteresting thing happened. While I was letting someone hold my gun they accidentally fired it. They didn't even have their finger on the trigger. Anyway the warrior sports barrel condom caught the ball and it didn't break. I just reached in and got it, with the safety on ofcourse.

Load SM5
09-18-2001, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by X-Plosive
I thank Load SM5 for helping me out with the whole qd/slidecheck on my 68cu 4500psi Raptor tank.

You are very welcome, I would still like to see a pic of this setup...sounds very cool.