PDA

View Full Version : How much paint can a WarpFeed.......

Ratzo
02-11-2004, 12:24 PM
How much paint can a WarpFeed push straiaght up.
I am wanting to build a bulk loader min 1000 rounds but maybe even a full case.
This loader will sit on the ground and feed a gun at waist level about 3ft.
I was hoping a WarpFeed could feed that high, but if not what is the max distance it can feed paint consistently.
It doses not need to feed that fast as it would only be feeding a Tippman Prolite with a PhycoBalistics full auto conversion. Max 10BPS

Thanx

TheTramp
02-11-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure exactly but I have heard or people who have used two warps to move paint over long distances. First warp feed a long tube which feeds another warp etc.

Rebel46_99
02-11-2004, 01:46 PM
How much paint could a WarpFeed feed, if a WarpFeed could feed paint???? :D

FallNAngel
02-11-2004, 01:48 PM
I've heard the warp can feed 20+ bps, but it's limited to how fast it's getting paint. If you're only feeding it 10 bps, it'll rip for a second or two until it's out of paint and has to wait for the loader to feed it.

MantisMag
02-11-2004, 01:56 PM
you totally missed the point falln. he wants to know how high it can push a stack of balls.

FallNAngel
02-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Actually, I didn't miss the point. I just could've swore that last line asked about the speed, when it really said it didn't matter. ::shrug:: oh well.

Havoc_online
02-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Rebel46_99
How much paint could a WarpFeed feed, if a WarpFeed could feed paint???? :D

LOL, my thoughts exactly.:)

temps
02-11-2004, 02:40 PM
I would be very surprised if someone has done this before.. so I don't think anyone would know.. your best bet is to test it out for yourself.. and if you need to it to travel further just add another warp.

TheTramp
02-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by temps
I would be very surprised if someone has done this before.. so I don't think anyone would know.. your best bet is to test it out for yourself.. and if you need to it to travel further just add another warp.

I'm SURE that someone at ADG has experimented with this. It's sort of a common sence question but one that the average person doesn't bother to test. The engineers that make this stuff aren't the average person. ;)

I do know that I've seen warped guns that used over 18 inches of hose. Weltman's Warp fed E-Mags on his tank hade really long hoses. Not 3 feet but...

Crighton
02-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Some one posted a while back about a back pack feeder he was trying to build. The warp was in the lower right hand corner and was ment to push balls up a hose and over his shoulder. The warp couldn't feed that thing with out a second warp (at the top of the pack) and the vertical distance is about the same as what your talking about doing.

Kevmaster
02-11-2004, 03:59 PM
for the proposed 'backpack' design AGD had (never marketed), it used two warps. One on the backpack feeding the "hopper" and one on the gun feeding from the hopper. Thats how I would recommend doing it. Having one on the ground with the main paint supply, feeding anoter warp that feeds the gun. Its the only way you are going to get soem good speed. They'll both need I-Feed to work properly like this...

hitech
02-11-2004, 05:43 PM
One way to get the warp to feed with more pressure (which equals more distance) is to use two disks on each side and make the center hub smaller. At least that is what Tom told someone who wanted to make a backpack feed. :D

personman
02-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I think that the discs would need more traction so the balls wouldnt slip, and a 12v mod would'nt hurt either. 2 warps would work best though :)

AGD
02-11-2004, 06:37 PM
You need to do the following things to make it fuctional:

Dual disks on both sides.
12 volts or better power
narrow the hub
replace the oring drive belt with a cog belt.
Make the system direct drive from the marker.

There are already several working versions of this but no one really thinks they look cool enough to use.

AGD

Tunaman
02-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by AGD
You need to do the following things to make it fuctional:

Dual disks on both sides.
12 volts or better power
narrow the hub
replace the oring drive belt with a cog belt.
Make the system direct drive from the marker.

There are already several working versions of this but no one really thinks they look cool enough to use.

AGD Well I sure would think they are cool to use! I want one as a matter of fact!. Maybe something I could make something cool...hrmm...:D

spantol
02-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Very interesting. Any chance that we might be able to see a picture or two of one of these designs?

Originally posted by AGD

Ratzo
02-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the info.
I just wanted to see if it was feisable.
Now all I have to do is sell one of my kids to afford one.

azzkikr
02-12-2004, 03:16 PM
well asides from what to said. my stock warpfeed when new, could push aprox 20something paintball. its been a really long time so i cannot remember exactly. but i think its in the low 20s.

although what tom said sounds worthy of messing arround with.

later AZZKIKR

magmonkey
02-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Tom,
I still think the warp is cool enough to use I have one on all three of my tourny rigs

I alway get greif from other players about using a halo b and a 12 volt warp but hey it works for me :)

Alan
Destructive Customs