PDA

View Full Version : ON/OFF help

awwdavy
02-11-2004, 05:04 PM
When i fire my gun the bolt only goes hapf way and then makes chuffing noises. I checked the online manuals on how to fix the on-off, but their picture of the on/off assembly is different from what i have. What do i do?

NeilS300
02-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Do you have the level 10 bolt or the ULT. What valve do you have?

awwdavy
02-11-2004, 05:28 PM
I have a level 10 classic valve with no ULT

speedyejl
02-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Take off your Black Ice reg, make sure your tank is giving 850psi, and try a carrier oring one size larger for the LX

NeilS300
02-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Are you just now tuning your lvl X? I would say it is a problem with your LvlX, not your on/off assembly. If its your level 10 try to turn up your velocity higher and if that doesnt do anything, try one size bigger carrier.

athomas
02-12-2004, 08:19 AM
The problem definately sounds like a level 10 problem.

Give us more particulars for your gun.

Body type?
valve type and age?
trigger frame?
barrel used?
On/off style? Universal, older X style, ULT, or aftermarket.

When did the problem first occur?

If you are using compressed air, you should get rid of the additional regulator. The mag only needs the reg on the bottle and the one in the gun. Another reg will only serve to restrict air flow, especially on a level 10 setup that requires a higher internal pressure.

awwdavy
02-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Well i tried changing carriers, but that didnt do anything. I bought the gun used off ebay, and the guy already did the work on level 10.

Its a classic valve, with nothing but lvl 10. I am not sure what on/off style i have. How do i tell? Trigger frame is a benchmark single trigger. No rise stainless steel body.

The gun was working perfectly, then i was taking apart my gun to clean and was a little careless. The on/off assembly fell out and when i put it back together thats when it started acting up.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

athomas
02-16-2004, 02:30 PM
You say the picture of the on/off is different than the one that you have? Does yours have a cross(X) cut on one side of the on/off top? If so, that X side of the top faces towards the outside(bottom) of the valve when you reassemble the gun.

awwdavy
02-16-2004, 08:19 PM
I just ran some oil through the gun and it started working perfectly. That should have been one of the first things i tried....but hey thanks for all the help guys.