PDA

View Full Version : adjustable feednecks?

phantomhitman
02-11-2004, 05:25 PM
i am about to order an adjustable feedneck for my marker to get all of the parts ready to be annoed. It will be angle threaded (dallara body), so keep that in mind. I have seen the choke chain and the ccm no rise. Can anyone throw in an opinion on these 2 necks or suggest others?

thanks for everyones help. my mag is coming together great, the scepter barrel kit should be on its way now.

melster
02-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Well, there's the Rogueneck. I have that one and the CCM Low rise. I personally like the CCM better because it's easier to get it to grip tightly. I also use a sight, so the low rise helps my hopper to completely clear the sight.

I bought my CCM neck from toolbott. I can't confirm that it is in fact angel threaded, but he did say it fits ULE bodies. However, it initially fits really loose...I can literally shove the neck down the feed neck hole without screwing it in! However, the threads do catch, but if I tighten it down too much it might strip the threads.

In contrast to this, the Rogueneck fits the threads perfectly. Unfortunately, it lets my hopper hit my sight and doesn't clamp as tightly as I'd hoped.

phantomhitman
02-11-2004, 06:02 PM
thanks for the feedback. i am worried that the rogueneck wont hold tightly either, that is why i want an adj feedneck. and what you said about the ccm scares me also. :eek:

melster
02-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Well, like I said, I'm not 100% certain it's angel threaded. I've hand tightened it down right now, and it fits tight and feels solid. You can clamp the neck onto your hopper so tight that you can use your hopper to unscrew the neck from the body. ;)

I think I'm going to buy some blue loctite and loctite the neck down. Mind you, it feels plenty tight right now, but it never hurts to be sure.

phantomhitman
02-12-2004, 07:03 AM
gentle bumps into thread,walks away whistling :D

GA Devil
02-12-2004, 05:24 PM
I run the check-it low rise and love it

RT pRo AuToMaG
02-12-2004, 05:27 PM
I have a CCM Lorise for my matrix and I love it.

MicroMiniMe
02-12-2004, 05:30 PM
A+ ULE No-Rise clamping feedneck

Works good enough that I use two.

phantomhitman
02-12-2004, 05:52 PM
i am liking the ccm more and more. it actually has an allen screw to tighten it, something I am definatly interested in. thanks for the help and opinions so far, keep posting more. :D

pb4jc
02-12-2004, 06:01 PM
I got one word r0x0r!!!!!! i love this thing. My egg II did require a bit of sanding but once i got it on there it holds that baby nice and tight. I would definitely reccomend this one as apposed to the CCM style ones. Just my two cents.

pputkowski
02-12-2004, 06:03 PM
One Word, Rogueneck (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113809&highlight=rogueneck)

ClassicMagger
02-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Hey:

I have had personal experiences with both the CCM Feedneck and the RogueNeck as well as the Choke Chain.

My opinion of each:

CCM Feedneck as stated above is loose when on the ULE body. I have had some problems with it when running up the field. Personally not my favorite.

RogueNeck has been a great feedneck for me. I can tighten it down with as much torque as I want. It works awesome. Never loose and is great quality. Personally what I use now and not planning on taking it off.

Choke Chain have had problems with it loosening when I have a hopper in it. Just too much jangle from the gun I suppose. It loosens up too easily. Personally the worst out of the three.

Hope it helps bud.

ClassicMagger

Magglerock
02-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Remeber though, you won't be able to get a no-rise from CCM, only a low-rise, as they make them for angles, and angles don't work well with no-rises. If you're running a Halo, you'll want the no-rise; they feed better with a shorter stack. I have a brand new A+ paintball no-rise clamping neck for sale; its still in the package. Its black. PM me if you want it.

sslecyk03
02-12-2004, 06:07 PM
i havent had any experience with either the rogueneck or the ccm but i can say that the ccm no rise looks absolutely pimp.

pputkowski
02-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by sslecyk03
i havent had any experience with either the rogueneck or the ccm but i can say that the ccm no rise looks absolutely pimp.

RogueNeck is the definition of PIMP

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1046749

phantomhitman
02-12-2004, 06:14 PM
wow 3 quick responses. i like the looks of the rogue neck but i have one main question. how does it tighten and stay locked? I mean I assume you turn the top of it until the loaders sits tightly in the base, but after that is there a way to lock it down? Or is there enough grip to keep it locked in while a run, slide, fall over and down hills, etc? I jsut do not see how the rogue would stay tightened without a system that keeps it from unscrewing :confused: . i know i am a tard, but at least I am trying to find the best of what is out there.

no rise-i really meant to say lo rise. i have been looking at ccm's website and just got the words mixed up.
would a halo or egg function properly with a lo rise? or would i have to buy another feedneck after i finally get a halo?! how does the halo and egg handle with the rogueneck?

thanks very much for everyones help, this marker is coming together as fast as I can get the money, or as fat as you guys helping me spend it ;) .

pb4jc
02-12-2004, 06:23 PM
I had the same question for rogue about the feednecks of the halo and eggII not fitting in there and he and fragtek both told me that the manual from both of the factories say that it is meant to be sanded. I did and it works very well now.

The RogueNeck doesn't have anything to keep it from unscrewing but i can almost garuntee that it won't once you screw it down around the feedneck it sits there nice and tight. I even tried to pull mine out once while it was screwed down, i couldn't

One thing i would recomend doing if you buy the RogueNeck is taking the outside part of before screwing it into the gun i didn't do that and ended up having some difficulty unscrewing the outer part when i went to put the eggII in there. again just my $0.02

spantol
02-12-2004, 06:40 PM
CCM does indeed make Angel-threaded no-rises, though they are currently out of stock.

http://www.chipleymachine.com/angel.htm

Originally posted by Magglerock
Remeber though, you won't be able to get a no-rise from CCM, only a low-rise, as they make them for angles, and angles don't work well with no-rises. If you're running a Halo, you'll want the no-rise; they feed better with a shorter stack. I have a brand new A+ paintball no-rise clamping neck for sale; its still in the package. Its black. PM me if you want it.

Magglerock
02-12-2004, 07:23 PM
site says they only make a lo and a hi rise; I don't see anything about a no rise.

sslecyk03
02-12-2004, 07:39 PM
"We are currently out of stock of the "mid- and no-rise" feednecks for the Angel. We should have more soon."

they have them they are just sold out. They come in no rise, low rise, mid rise, and high rise.

RoadDawg
02-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by phantomhitman
wow 3 quick responses. i like the looks of the rogue neck but i have one main question. how does it tighten and stay locked? I mean I assume you turn the top of it until the loaders sits tightly in the base, but after that is there a way to lock it down? Or is there enough grip to keep it locked in while a run, slide, fall over and down hills, etc? I jsut do not see how the rogue would stay tightened without a system that keeps it from unscrewing :confused: . i know i am a tard, but at least I am trying to find the best of what is out there.

no rise-i really meant to say lo rise. i have been looking at ccm's website and just got the words mixed up.
would a halo or egg function properly with a lo rise? or would i have to buy another feedneck after i finally get a halo?! how does the halo and egg handle with the rogueneck?

thanks very much for everyones help, this marker is coming together as fast as I can get the money, or as fat as you guys helping me spend it ;) .

It is just like any other screw on your marker. The tighter it is the less likely it'll come off. As long as it is clamped it won't come loose. The Halo handles nicely once it is sanded to fit. I'll be speaking on the Egg 2 neck in a bit. So to answer your question. The tighter you clamp the less the hopper will come out. I've used it and abused mine. No problems of unscrewing or anything. If you care to ask more on it AIM me @ AIM: phenom0906 I'd be more then happy to answer your questions.

angelbeast24
02-13-2004, 11:57 AM
the chock chain sucks mine broke n srtacted get the ccm

headcase
02-13-2004, 12:03 PM
I have both a no-rise CCM and a lowrise CCM(for my Karta and my Dallara in that order.) I test fitted both feednecks before the markers went out for anno, and they both fit great.

I personally perfer the necks that have a screw to tighten over the twisting type, I have had a Demonic Strangler, and another type(don't remember which brand) and neither worked to my satisaction.

Also, to my eye, the twist ones just look bulky to me.

barberjohn
02-13-2004, 05:15 PM
my rogueneck is great. it stays tightened when tightened, yet sometimes i have trouble with the whole feedneck coming undon when i try to untighten it, but im sure some locktight will fix that. it also sits really low on your gun, and my eggo is like an inch apart from the back of my mag, which makes for a small and sweet package.

phantomhitman
02-13-2004, 05:23 PM
thanks for the info gentlemen. i am kind if like you headcase, i like to tighten the screws better than the neck. i am trying to find out where i can get a ccm bc they seem to be sold out everywhere.

melster
02-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Well, I prefer the CCM, because with the allen screw, it tightens down really well. The rogueneck doesn't clamp down as well. I don't know if it's because the cuts in the strangler aren't big enough or something else, but it just doesn't. I even used a strap wrench, but my halo would rock back and forth ever so slightly until you could pull it off.

Mind you, I sanded my halo's neck but it still fit snug to the rogueneck enough that it was almost a friction fit. The whole strangler concept is just flawed, imo. The only way for it to work effectively is if you could make the threads taper inwards on the collar.

phantomhitman
02-13-2004, 05:38 PM
either that or make it lock down somehow. maybe using an intergrated allen screw that way you tighten it down, then screw the allen screw in to secure it from unscrewing. :confused:
if i can find a ccm i will get it. if not i am talking to rogue asap

logamus
02-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by sslecyk03
"We are currently out of stock of the "mid- and no-rise" feednecks for the Angel. We should have more soon."

they have them they are just sold out. They come in no rise, low rise, mid rise, and high rise.

they have been sold out of the no-rise for over 2 months now.

Halliday
02-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Does anybody have a pic of all the diff feednecks neck to each other? To compare them :) Or pix with hoppers in the feednecks?

melster
02-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by phantomhitman

if i can find a ccm i will get it. if not i am talking to rogue asap

I'll sell you my CCM if you want. Just got it from toolbott this week. I decided I wanted a black one so I ordered it from CCM.

I could also sell you my Rogueneck if you prefer that.

Both HARDLY used. The Rogueneck was used for a day. Looks absolutely new. The CCM, I got used, but it has NO scratches. However, it DOES have that problem I mentioned above. I'll let the Rogueneck go for $20 and the CCM for $25 shipped to the lower 48.

Heh...maybe this should go in the classifieds...

phantomhitman
02-13-2004, 06:24 PM
ok, hang onto it for me. i am trying to pm toolbot to amke sure it is angel threaded. the reason it might not catch properly might be because it is not angel threaded. so hold it for me until i get up up with him. thanks