PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One Bodies in the Store NOW!!!

AGD
02-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi Woodsballers!

Tac bodies are available now in the online store. Turn your magic marker into a scenario slayer!

AGD

tac-one (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=442&CATID=23)

Automaggot68
02-11-2004, 05:44 PM
FIRST REPLY!! WOOT WOOT. Those Tac ones are freakin' gorgeous...I wish I still had a mag though..

FreakBaller12
02-11-2004, 06:08 PM
only 200 dollars, less that the chord.

are you going to be selling the full gun anytime soon, j/w.

cphilip
02-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Full guns are indeed for sale. Limited quantity though. Want one? Ask me or Tuna....

AutomagRT1483
02-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Just bought one. :)

kevdupuis
02-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Jon was processing our order today.:D

WARPED1
02-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Nice body, too expensive.

TraXeR
02-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Nice body, too expensive.

Good thing you're talking about a paintball gun there pal. j/k :p

That body is sweet, but I prefer a ULE body myself.

RRfireblade
02-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Everybody was going nuts for these things,let's see how fast they sell out now.;)

BlackVCG
02-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Features Include:

* All Aluminum Light Weight Design
* Fits Automags/Minimags/RT-PRO and E-Mags
* Rear Sight Rails Angled 60 degrees for clearance and comfort
* Autococker tm Threaded Feedneck and Angel tm ball detent
* Flat Black Anodized Finish

Don't you mean Autococker Threaded Barrel?

tony3
02-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I think thats a typo. Because those don't have autococker threaded feednecks.

Severe
02-12-2004, 12:28 AM
I would be all over one of these if only they supported reverse valves!

Any chance of a batch supporting that? Us Lefties are left with an unusable side with the current bodies. It's actually a little incorrect to say it has three rails since one is pretty much unsuable.

I'm not sure they total gun package is going to be anywhere NEAR the price everyone was hoping. They body is fully half of what a lot of people thought it would cost.

They do look great though.

Steve

Halliday
02-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Do they come with detents? It's not in the picture.....

RRfireblade
02-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Halliday
Do they come with detents? It's not in the picture.....

Comes with Low Rise Vertical Feed Tube and Ball Detent

AGD
02-12-2004, 01:07 AM
Fixed the typos and yes it does come with a detent. We will re-shoot the pic tommorow.
AGD

paint magnet
02-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Why wouldn't they support reverse valves? And are any plans being made for twist lock ULE bodies?

RRfireblade
02-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by paint magnet
Why wouldn't they support reverse valves? And are any plans being made for twist lock ULE bodies?

Tac one's and Xmags for that matter,are nothed for the air port on one side only,the right.

And Twist lock?:D He He.;)

bob87
02-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Will they be an option on the RT ULE customs?

AGD
02-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Unless you want to pay double there is no chance of reverse Tac bodies. If you want one it would be cheaper to have the local machine shop mill the corner off.

Twist lock......ah no....

AGD

fallout11
02-12-2004, 02:46 PM
So it's official, then....twist lock is dead.
Seems a shame, in a way. But I understand why.

Caffiend
02-12-2004, 04:47 PM
doh! i just bought a karta body (not that I'm complaining) or i'd have one in route to my house as we speak...

Mastema
02-13-2004, 09:25 AM
I'm a little (can't think of the right expression) about the price!

I was expecting a price similar to the ULE body.....

Add transport and customs fees (I'm Canadian, Hey!), and a new barrel.....outch!

Gonna have to think about this one!

Might have to go with the whole Tac-One! (?)

ChucktheMAGician
02-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Tac bodies are available now in the online store. Turn your magic marker into a scenario slayer!
AGD
Always nice to see after buying diamonds :( :rolleyes: :eek: Oh and for people complaining about the price, compare that body to a ULE. There's definately more than $55 worth of milling and cool points on that thing. Consider it a bargain at $200!:cool:

Python14
02-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Word....maybe I should say screw college text books and get myself a tacone

paint magnet
02-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Unless you want to pay double there is no chance of reverse Tac bodies. If you want one it would be cheaper to have the local machine shop mill the corner off.

Twist lock......ah no....

AGD

Come on Tom, don't tell me you have given up on twist lock too! :(

netjunk1e
02-14-2004, 04:52 AM
I just wish i wan;t broke.

1ofkind
02-14-2004, 07:00 PM
I guess I'm the first to not really like it... I guess after you spend 7000$ on it it looks hot, but just like that I think its kinda ugly...

paint magnet
02-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah, all that night vision /infared/whatever equipment on there definately weighs more and is larger than the gun it's on, not to mention the fact that it is waaaaay too expensive to risk getting it damaged playing paintball.

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
02-15-2004, 12:31 AM
I do like the look of the Tac-One very much and it will become my primary night gun. As far as equipment getting damaged: My night vision is mounted on my head and none of the equipment that has been mounted on my night gun has been severly damaged while playing.I've broken a bulb in one of my lights from slamming into a wall and maybe a scratch here and there, nothing that wasn't an easy fix. If quality equipment is used it will hold up well. I wouldn't be afraid to mount an NV scope on the gun either. Mount it on the inside rail depending on whether you're righty or lefty. The design of this Tac-One is simple, effective and will be great for night play.

With the prices that AGD has for both the Tac-One and the RT ULE Custom, I've convinced several people to go Mag in the past weeks when they were considering other guns. These two options (Tac-One/ RT-ULE) can not be beat for the price and performance.

Wes Janson
02-15-2004, 02:35 PM
For the same price as a Tac One, I'd rather get night vision...as there's no way I could afford both.

1ofkind
02-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Cilio - Knightmare Tango I do like the look of the Tac-One very much and it will become my primary night gun. As far as equipment getting damaged: My night vision is mounted on my head and none of the equipment that has been mounted on my night gun has been severly damaged while playing.I've broken a bulb in one of my lights from slamming into a wall and maybe a scratch here and there, nothing that wasn't an easy fix. If quality equipment is used it will hold up well. I wouldn't be afraid to mount an NV scope on the gun either. Mount it on the inside rail depending on whether you're righty or lefty. The design of this Tac-One is simple, effective and will be great for night play.

Man, I'ed hate to see this guys living room...

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
02-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Wes Janson,
IMHO, the night vision that you'd get for the price of the Tac-One wouldn't be worth buying. A spot light would be a better choice until you can afford to buy high quality NV.

AutomagRT1483
02-15-2004, 10:41 PM
I got my body on Friday. Boy it looks good on my RTP. Sorry no pics. However, it will look nice once I get a RogueRail, black Intelli and a RogueGrip for it. Over all, I am very pleased with my purchase. :D

Wes Janson
02-16-2004, 02:20 AM
True, Cilio, but if I had the money to buy the $2000 Gen 3 goggles, and the inevitable ~$1000 a Tac-One would cost, why not just go ahead and start hiring people to come out on the field with me, and act as backup? Or just bribe the enemy? ;) It seems to me like the T1, while a nice gun, is only going to be seen in it's optimal configuration by a very, very few number of people.

Garrum
02-16-2004, 01:40 PM
I think there is too much emphasis being placed on NV as the optimum setup for the Tac one. Two red dot sights and a tactical flashlight would be better in my opinion. You can get dot sights for less than $40 each, and a good tactical flashlight, like the Streamlight M3 with a pressure switch on a tail, can be had for $100 or slightly more. Yeah, you can get NV for about that price, but it's quality really ain't worth using. And it is limited to night games. Dot sights and flashlights are much more versatile.

Wes Janson
02-16-2004, 11:17 PM
What the heck would you be using a combat light for besides night play? Intend to blind the enemy speedballers or something? ;) And in any case...while I don't have a terrible amount of experience with close range night combat, lighting up tends to get me lit up. It also destroys the whole "stealth" thing. When I'm trying to flank someone, I do NOT want them to be able to instantly track and locate me by my gun. Just doesn't seem to me like it would be a very useful thing to do in the night games I play. Night vision, sure, I could use that to ambush enemy players/avoid enemy ambushes. But the light I don't see the use for. Which brings us back to the original point.

fallout11
02-17-2004, 08:51 AM
I have a lot of night gaming experience, so I'll weigh in here......

The T1 body is pretty nice, due to its capability for ancillary equipment mounting.
I would have prefered it to have an under-body rail near the front and a single long top rail (with hopper left or right, rather than centerfeed), but nobody ask me.

Wes, you can get a decent, rugged Gen 1+ rifle scope for $350. Russian surplus is great. I can be more specific, PM me if you care.
I've used better, more expensive goggle arrangements in the past, and do prefer a lower-end scope over high end goggles anyday of the week.
IMHO people bringing Gen 3 goggles to a scenario game have wasted their cash. I shoot them regularly. :p
Or blind them with a Q-mag.

A Surefire or Streamlight light is a decent alternative to NVG, or in conjunction with it. They both serve a purpose, somewhat overlapping, and at the same time somewhat mutually exclusive.
The advantage of the light is its cheapness and the ability to light up an enemy for others on your team to see (and shoot at). It's also useful for checking ID's and the like while pulling base security.
The advantage of the NVG is stealth, obviously.

Garrum
02-22-2004, 07:33 PM
You can use tac lights in the daytime at close range. If you play indoors, like a CQB setup, the light is very powerful. Even outdoors, if you are close enough, the blast of light causes a flinch that is nigh uncontrollable in your target. The trick is to have a remote activating system for the light, and only turn it on at the last second. It acts as a sensory overload, and can leave the target helpless for as many as 2-3 seconds.

They won't help you find anyone in the night while being stealthy, but they can overpower a group when used out of nowhere.

1ofkind
02-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Man I'm really pumped for night play now

Dryden
03-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Mind ... overloaded ... with ... questions ...

Referencing http://www.airgun.com/tacone.shtml

For those who are selling them, what is the pricetag on a complete base Tac-One marker (not including scopes, sights, etc) as pictured at airgun.com in the sidebar (w/ Intelliframe, AGD foregrip, etc)? Second, what was the grand total for the full setup as pictured (decked out with scopes, revvy)?

What does the right side of the Tac-One body look like? How does the gas line from the valve extend through the body?

Also, not to take the thread off-topic, but can someone post a list of the differences between Gen 1 - Gen 3 NV, and a particular make/model under a grand that is functional through a pb goggle lense. Further, are there ever regulations regarding the use of NV equipment by civilians (e.g. like laws prohibiting silencers) to be aware of?

Jack & Coke
03-04-2004, 06:24 PM

http://www.cops911.com/images/Agd.jpg

RRfireblade
03-04-2004, 06:33 PM
:O

Is there a Marker in there somewhere?

Halliday
03-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

http://www.cops911.com/images/Agd.jpg

I want to see more of that watch!

Target Practice
03-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Hey all, quick question...

I just shipped off to college last summer, and have been out of the paintball loop for some time now. I heard about the Tac-One just recently, and was wondering if any more are being sold. I just can't seem to find one. If yo have any information, please let me know. Thanks.

pointm@n
03-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Ask Tunaman or Roguefactor. They may be able to get a hold of one for you...

Tuna is sending me a Tac1 body as we speak...

Target Practice
03-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Do you know how I can get a hold of them?

pointm@n
03-10-2004, 11:32 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~acuestaj\images\tacemag.jpg

Roguefactor can be contacted :roguefactor@earthlink.net

Tuna: tunaman5@comcast.net

Both good people and will take care of you...

You can see more of my new TAC EMAG here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1342193#post1342193