PDA

View Full Version : cheetin WAS

coolcatpete
02-11-2004, 08:22 PM
OK so at my local paintball shop barely anyone goes on the pb forums, so they don’t know about how the WAS board is a cheater board and I am not a expert so I would like to know form AO for their take on it.

I tried to explain it. and now they kind of believe me just they are not really sure about it. I did convince one person because he saw this one girls gun that was crazy and so he said it must have been like that.

I do not know what to tell them so let me be the messenger boy and you tell them.
Pete

yeahthatsme
02-11-2004, 08:33 PM
dude, run that through microsoft word and edit it cus i have no idea what your saying

WAS boards are not specifically cheater boards if thats what your talking about, they just have functions that make it possible to cheat like debounce.

FallNAngel
02-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Well, a lot of boards have debounce features. AFAIK the thing that separates WAS boards from the rest is that you can change the debounce settings on the field.

speedyejl
02-11-2004, 08:57 PM
You can't call something a "cheater" board because it gives users more options and controls over settings.

I'm not aware of any commercially available boards that let you change settings WITHOUT a tool.

FallNAngel WAS boards have a competition mode feature which is easy to identify and every ref should know how to identify it.

If your referring to recball/walkons when guns aren't looked over by refs as in tourneys why make a big stink if their cheating? What about kids with Electro Spyders and Full Auto, who’s getting on their case?

coolcatpete
02-11-2004, 09:02 PM
I will re do it but I was and still am on the phone so it is hard to type and concentrate.
Pete

TransMan
02-11-2004, 09:06 PM
The only thing I can think of that you might be talking about is in the Timmies the BPS read out is unaccurate making it seem like it's shooting a lot faster then it is.

FallNAngel
02-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
FallNAngel WAS boards have a competition mode feature which is easy to identify and every ref should know how to identify it.

::Shrug:: Just going off of what I've heard.

speedyejl
02-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by TransMan
The only thing I can think of that you might be talking about is in the Timmies the BPS read out is unaccurate making it seem like it's shooting a lot faster then it is.

Thats just something that makes people feel special, doesn't effect anything outside of that.

RRfireblade
02-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by coolcatpete
OK so at my local paintball shop barely anyone goes on the pb forums, so they don’t know about how the WAS board is a cheater board and I am not a expert so I would like to know form AO for their take on it.

For starters there was at least one WAS board that was found to add shots at a certain ROF.How many that are like that we will likely never know.

The other function is "bounce" adjustability which was pretty much pioneered by WAS and allows an easy way of cheating into a higher ROF as well.

coolcatpete
02-11-2004, 09:25 PM
The girls timmy that was crazy was wierd then. No matter what the debounce was on or even when it was stock it would bounce or shoot faster than ou are pulling the trigger. So what is up with that.
Pete

RRfireblade
02-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by coolcatpete
The girls timmy that was crazy was wierd then. No matter what the debounce was on or even when it was stock it would bounce or shoot faster than ou are pulling the trigger. So what is up with that.
Pete

What up with that is the PBN crowd would be jumping all over each other to get a board like that.;)

FallNAngel
02-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Not everyone, I hate bounce :D

coolcatpete
02-11-2004, 10:01 PM
I call no making fun of me because I was typing all of this while on thephone and that is trickey let me tell you.
Pete

Ov3rmind
02-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by FallNAngel

::Shrug:: Just going off of what I've heard.
Spreading rumors, eh?

coolcatpete
02-11-2004, 10:03 PM
I think he is
Pete

Ps. lets tar and fether him for that yaehhhhhhhhhhh

speedyejl
02-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Debounce isn't inherently evil

It allows you to tune the gun for your maximum unassisted speed. Without Debounce any trigger pulls made within the cycle of the marker (this is about 30ms on Emags) will be discounted. This more or less limits the maximum possible ROF to 16bps on 20bps capped boards, and makes that 16bps incredibly hard to reach.

Whereas with debounce every trigger pull you make will most likely be counted.

The problem arises when players lower their debounce too much with the intention or not of cheating. The gun starts to count the switch within the micro switch bouncing which are extra pulls. A gun with this behavior is pretty easy to pick out, almost as easy as a gun going full auto since they will have random bursts of shots at the boards MROF (trust me most people can pick out 20bps over peoples normally 13)

Regardless this isn't as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Unless a gun is going full auto their isn't a huge advantage to getting a few more shots in a FRACTION of a second. Timmies, Trixes, among guns which may have debounce are plenty accurate as it is and a couple more balls in less time than it takes you to react to boiling water poured over you won't really matter. Full auto is a different story though...

The NPPL and NXL (keep separate from PSP for this) have been successful this year picking bouncing boards at and simple WAS and NYX style boards (Tadao, NYX, DM4) are easy enough to pick out. Problems lie in cheaters using specially made boards with "user recognition abilities" to unlock "cheat modes."

RRfireblade
02-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Debounce isn't inherently evil

It allows you to tune the gun for your maximum unassisted speed. Without Debounce any trigger pulls made within the cycle of the marker (this is about 30ms on Emags) will be discounted. This more or less limits the maximum possible ROF to 16bps on 20bps capped boards, and makes that 16bps incredibly hard to reach.

Whereas with debounce every trigger pull you make will most likely be counted.

That's pretty much....wrong.;)

Your confusing "debounce" and "Buffering."

It's the buffering that allows full cap reaching potential.As in 3.2 for instance,which by the way,is fully capable of hitting 20bps,even a tad over with the added buffering it uses.

RRfireblade
02-11-2004, 10:52 PM
I should have added that "debounce" is to help the software to distinguish between actual trigger pulls and the variance in signals that can be transmitted while the microswitch is in between various states of rest and full actuation.

It's a completely unneccessary adjustment and can and SHOULD be preset by the manufacturer as if set correctly it will add NO gain in performance.If you find that by adjusting it,you gain performance,YOU ARE CHEATING.

elpimpo
02-11-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm not aware of any commercially available boards that let you change settings WITHOUT a tool.

al i have to do is push a couple buttons on my timmy and it adjusts it

speedyejl
02-11-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo

al i have to do is push a couple buttons on my timmy and it adjusts it

You put a screw driver to the two center pins in the equalink conector to put your timmy into competition mode, you can't change settings in comp.

RRfb your response is pending sleep ;)

phantomhitman
02-12-2004, 07:56 AM
i am glad peopel are answering this guys questions. i am learning about was boards :D

athomas
02-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Some WAS electronic boards have been rumoured to use a variable dwell time based on rate of fire. Basically, the faster you fire, the longer the bolt dwell time becomes. This supposedly compensates for dropoff but can actually increase the velocity on a good setup.

Skoad
02-12-2004, 12:56 PM
roomate's viking had debounce. he could set it to where you pulled the trigger it would basically shoot about 3-5 times.

RRfireblade
02-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
roomate's viking had debounce. he could set it to where you pulled the trigger it would basically shoot about 3-5 times.

And thats the ONLY reason to have an adjustable bounce setting.;)

coolcatpete
02-12-2004, 07:00 PM
I think I am understanding now how it works. Thanks so much.
Pete

afrankart
02-12-2004, 11:07 PM
I just use mine to be able to tune the bounce out and get it fast as I can shoot it. I think that was supposed to be the original purpose of debounce, not using it to achieve bounce, but to get rid of it.

rkjunior303
02-13-2004, 10:24 AM
with "user recognition abilities" to unlock "cheat modes."

lol sounds like nintendo..

up up down down left right left right A B start... yay, full auto! lol

truss
02-13-2004, 11:00 AM
i can turn the bounce on my viking up also, but you cant hide that from refs.and if i tried to change my settings on the feild it would take about a minute.that is along time to be out there and not get noticed.