PDA

View Full Version : ULE/Chord Question

Retromag#195
02-11-2004, 09:10 PM
I have a Chord body and have recently been having a problem breaking a lot of paint down the barrel of my mag. (No breech breaks, have level 10 and checked after every break). Before you roll your eyes and blaim the barrel I have tried numerous barrels and different paints as well. I still get breaks down the barrel. I was careful to make sure that my ball detent was positioned properly and my level 10 is preforming as it should. After disassembeling my gun totally and inspecting the body I noticed this. Certian paints around the .694 range actually make contact with inside of the body just after passing by the ball detent but just before entering the barrel. I also noticed this characteristic with a standard ULE body as well. My question is what is the measurement of the inner diameter of a ULE body and can it be widened slightly to alleviate this breakage. Sorry simply changing paints isnt enough of a solution as I live in hot and humid Florida and I expect to encounter paint that has swelled to .694 again and again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nicad
02-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Breach specs for the ULE and the Chord body (both start with the same thing) is 0.695"D. It needs to seal as best as possible around the bolt.. so larger diameter would let more air leak around the bolt.

Does it have this problem with known smaller bore paint?

Retromag#195
02-11-2004, 09:29 PM
No it does not have barrel breaks nearly as much with smaller paint. Yeah I knew it was close to .695. And we all know even if its a bit smaller than .695 if its just slightly lopsided it can make contact with the body wich is causing the barrel breaks.... atleast thats what I think it is.

sneakyhacker420
02-11-2004, 09:49 PM
take out your ball detent and see if it still breaks paint

Retromag#195
02-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Well I have a dual ball detent Chord Body and Plugged one of the holes and went with just one ball detent and that didnt help at all. I just repositioned both my ball detents so that they barely protrude into the body and after railing a hundred rounds I got 2 breaks down the barrel. Better but still not fixed. Was the previous suggestion to completely remove both detents and see what happens???
thanks

sneakyhacker420
02-11-2004, 11:00 PM
yeah, take both of them off and see what happens

also, try unscrewing the feed neck from the body a bit, my friend was having problems with his trix because the feedneck on it was sticking too far into the breech, causing ball breaks and bolt stick, he loosened it and loc-tited it, and its all better now

Retromag#195
02-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Well I tried shooting without any ball detents only because I am at such a loss at this point. The results were as I anticipated many double feeds and much more breaks but thanks for trying Hacker420.

Retromag#195
02-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Oh by the way my feed neck isnt in too far checked that
thanks

sneakyhacker420
02-11-2004, 11:23 PM
do they still end up breaking when the barrel is off?

Retromag#195
02-11-2004, 11:31 PM
No they dont