PDA

View Full Version : missing in the mail

slushee
02-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Okay .. so the epic continues ..

As some of you are aware, I purchased the Hyperframe but the LVL 10 valve was making it so the Hyperframe couldn't fire the marker (on/off too hard) .. SO I have an older RTPro valve with the single oring..

I send my marker insured for $1000 to PaintballMaxx in Houston to drill out the valve and sell me the ULT kit. Great guys at PaintballMaxx btw.

They ship it off to me (dun know if it was insured) .. it left Chicago for canada on the 6th of this month (verified that it was put on the plane)... it was never recieved in Canada ... somewhere along the line i guess my marker decided to put on a parachute and jump out.

SO what does this mean? It means that the United States Postal Service is currently "investigating" to find out where my package is now ... and I have NO idea what's gonna happen if they cannot find it :(

Needless to say, I worry as to how I will be reembursed if they cannot find it ... and I dun want to be a mean person to PaintballMaxx cuz they did great work and sent it back to me in a VERY timly manner.

:(

I just needed to rant... I sure do hope they find it.

tyrion2323
02-12-2004, 12:14 AM
I don't think that asking for a refund would be "mean," as if they didn't get either delivery confirmation or shipping insurance, it technically goes to them. Plus, most businesses are pretty good about figuring out situations.

Jacob

Rope a Dope
02-12-2004, 12:20 AM
You sent them your marker and you confirmed they got it.

You never got a marker back, whatever happened between then falls on them.

slushee
02-12-2004, 12:36 AM
I did confirm they got my marker and even paid them with M/C for all the work done before they shipped it back to me.

I did even call PaintballMaxx to tell them that they lost my package and are doing an investigation .. but I never really asked about what would happen if it's not found..

The marker was a Hyperframe grip, DYE gas thru grip, stock rail, chrome p/f body tube, Doc's Cocker thread barrel adapter and a LVL 10'ed RTPro Valve given to me personally by Jon Comprado...

Not only would that be expensive to replace, but i dunno if i'm gonna be happy with a "replacement" marker ... I put so much blood, sweat and tears into that marker for I think 9 years .... continually upgrading it..

Halliday
02-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Heck, if they didn't ship it with insurance it's on them.

slushee
02-12-2004, 01:33 AM
So I calculated out a "replacement"..

- Base RT Custom from AGD including the polished p/f mainbody, lvl 10 bolt, XValve - $399
- ULT trigger - $19
- Hyperframe - $299 (from shortbuspaintball.com)
- Doc's Barrel adapter - $37.50

GRAND TOTAL - 867.68 incl. 15% taxes (not including shipping)

I'm thinking to myself, wouldn't an older used Emag sell for about that? I wonder if PaintballMaxx (Brad Nestel) could find and sell me a used EMag instead of a brand new RT Custom. That would actually make me happy if I got an Emag .. but I suppose a new RT Custom wouldn't be so bad .. but the stories from my RTPro .. the tears and blood ... she will be missed..

Edit: seems as though a new emag is only $799 .. from this place in OR..

http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_list.asp?dept=71&last=71

Kevmaster
02-12-2004, 02:07 AM
its def on them. Regular business laws. it made it there, they owe you the marker. Whether they will accept a replacement of a used emag is a different story, however, i don't see why not..

50 cal
02-12-2004, 06:20 AM
You'll never get what you put into it. You'll only get replacement value even if they insured it for $1,000,000.

I had a package lost once coming to me. It was found sitting in a UPS station where it had fallen off the sorting line and shoved up under the sort line a month later. If they have the track # at where it was last scanned at, chances are it will be found there.

slushee
02-12-2004, 01:45 PM
latest update .. USPS say's that if the package is not found, I have to wait 30 day's to have the sender (PaintballMaxx) apply for the money to cover the lost package ... which means that I'm gonna be waiting at LEAST a month and a half .. if not two to get some sort of marker back.

... I think i'm gonna be sick :(

cphilip
02-12-2004, 01:52 PM
People have always told me not to ship to Canada through the post office. Story is there is a lot of disconnect between the Canadian PO and the US PO. So things often go into limbo when they exchange hands.

But typicaly it does take 30 days or more for an insurance claim to pay off. With any shipping vendor. More like 60-90 is fairly common.

Brophog
02-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Phil is right on the insurance.

The USPS won't even let you file until after 30 days has passed, and then the paperwork has to be mailed between the shipper and receiver, which takes more time. Then an investigation goes on to try to recover the missing parcel.

60-90 days is a good estimation of when you would have everything finalized. If the item was insured, and the item does not turn up, you do need to provide some form of verification that your item is worth what you said it was worth.

Muzikman
02-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Another reason to only ship FedEx!!

cphilip
02-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Another reason to only ship FedEx!!

Takes they about as long too! None of them are very quick about it. I betcha...

Definately not PO to Canada though Fed Ex is the only choice.

However ask around here as to how many Fed Ex shippments been lost lately. And how many people been finding thier Fex Ex insured package left on the porch with no signature... Something is amiss with them it seems to me. Too many mistakes lately.