02-12-2004, 12:26 AM
problem: so we have no where to play pb in our area
solution: we get permission to use land

next problem: there is no way to get organized
next solution: we start a paintball club

next problem: Mother Nature hates us
Next solution: we get permission to use warehouse for paintball

new problem: how?
basically we're goin to have to cover the walls, we were thinkin tarp is cheapest and easiest, second we're goin to have either mop paint off of floors or cover floors as well, what do yall think? and finally everything will need to be mobile because the warehouse is not rented and if the realestate people find a renter then we have to move everything to a different warehouse, including bunkers, so any suggestions specifically on the flooring and mobile bunkers?

dansim
02-12-2004, 09:26 AM
cant you guys as a club rent the warehouse?

RRfireblade
02-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Temp paintball field,that's gonna be a tough one.

I guess you could go down to the local Good Will or other charity type places and buy a ton of bed sheets and blankets.They are usually pretty cheap there,maybe the Dollar stores or Flea markets as well.You can also buy Plastic drop cloths at most Paint Supply stores.It comes in various thickness,on 100' rolls and as much as 10' wide.

Other than that,plenty of mops and buckets. ;)

speedyejl
02-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Surround the feild with netting hanging from the ceiling, removes the need to cover the walls, most paintball netting companies would be happy to come in and install it for you

For the floor use a layer of carpet, it absorbs the paint better than astroturf. Using PVC brooms push broken balls into the corners of the feild. You will need to clean the feild everynow and then. Basically just steamvac the carpet, it takes a while but if you don't it'll become ratty and moldy.

edit: From the first post I was under the impression it was a permanent club feild. If its temp, then thats a bit harder. If you decide to do a good job on materials with the feild using netting consider opening it up to walk ons on the weekend to play with you club to subsidize the cost of building it.

Pacifist_Farmer
02-12-2004, 10:23 AM
oh man go to walmart and get a ton of the blue tarps, put those babies everywhere!

it would be like playing inside some sort of blue womb

id also buy your selves a used airball field

-=Squid=-
02-12-2004, 10:28 AM
For bunkers, why dont you save for an airball field? About as maneuverable as it gets... you could just save up something like 1.5k as a club, and buy a good 24 piece used field, or less pieces for less money.

To me, it seems like it would be cool, especially if its permanent, but it might not be worth the work if you get it setup to play for a few month, and soon thereafter have to move out.

Woodsmen
02-12-2004, 11:20 AM
ya, they realestate company is settin us up with a warehouse that hasnt been rented out in a while and most likely wont be anytime soon. We have found tarping cheap so we'll probably go that way for the walls but we arent sure bout the concrete flooring, should we keep it and just wash it out or put something down? also the club has just been established like a week or to ago so we're not havin much money flow as of yet, but we're starin fundraisers as we speak

Patron God of Pirates
02-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Make sure you hang the tarp a few ft. from the walls. If you drape it on the walls some balls will tear through it. Has nature been that big of a problem in Texas?

Woodsmen
02-12-2004, 06:53 PM
well leave right next to the coast and louisiana, so we have a major problem with humidity for one and there really hasnt been three days without rain in like 2 months and we havent even gotten to the wet part of the year, plus the owner's of the land we're playin at dont really want us tearing up their land if its too wet

Woodsmen
02-12-2004, 07:07 PM
squid, or anyone, do yall know where we can buy a used 'sup air feild?

dansim
02-12-2004, 07:31 PM
look on ebay, pbnation/angel owners, ao, basically any pb forums keep an eye on the classifieds

Xyxyll
02-13-2004, 06:38 PM
You really need to cover the concrete floor. The paint will get very slick, and if anybody got hurt, not only would you have a busted head, but the real estate company would be in huge trouble. You don't want that.

Also, don't use netting as the outer edges. It won't solve anything. The paintballs will break on the netting and the paint will fly through it onto the walls.

phantomhitman
02-13-2004, 11:11 PM
i would most def cover the floors with something. concrete will get extremely slick after 1 game. i am still looking for a good carpet or flooring system for a warehouse.

LawnGnome7
02-14-2004, 01:07 AM
once this is all done your gonna need to post some pictures

Smitty2k1
02-14-2004, 01:45 AM
sawdust for floors is fun :)

Put tarps on 3 sides and spend the money for netting on the 4th side for speactators.

skife
02-14-2004, 03:16 PM
put big peices of carpet by the bunkers so you have somthing to not slide on, have refs walk around with bags of "Kitty litter" the oil dryer stuff and just put it where there is a slick spot

ScatterPlot
02-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Why do you need stuff to cover the walls? Can't you just hose them down? Or is there not a place to use a hose?

StickFigurSicide
02-14-2004, 09:59 PM
ow about shreded tires? I was at an indoor rock clibimg place and thats what they used to protect against falls. Would be nice to bunker-dive on :). dont know how paint clean up would be, though.

just my $19.99....

Lee
02-15-2004, 08:17 AM
i recently saw a type of field made out of pvc with some sort of vinyl fabric like stuff attached to it.

it looked nice and seemed reasonably priced, but i don't remember how much it was. it can free stand so no worrys about anchoring as well as easily removed for cleaning the field.

i saw it at waynes world last december. anyone else that was there and remebers more about it than i do?

02-15-2004, 09:08 AM
I would definately get some cheap carpet for the ground. At the indoor field i play at the car[et is slick and the concrete is literally like ice.

breg
02-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Ever see the stuff they use around sinks ans such in large dining facilities? It's like rubber matting and supposed to be non slick. You could actually looking into hanging up so particle baord on the walls. Though, that might get to be a bit expensive...

StickFigurSicide
02-15-2004, 01:04 PM
I think the engineers at AGD should design a type of floor cover that would be perfect for indoor feilds. With the rate at which this sport is growing, I can see indoor feilds becoming even more popular. And if the act fast mabey they can corner the market?

WARPED1
02-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Layer the floor with sawdust or kitty litter.