PDA

View Full Version : The Right way to time a cocker.

Fixion
02-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Not long ago I switched my right feed cocker body with a friends vert feed body (he likes r/f I like v/f). At the time my gun was nicely timed so I didn't touch it. But naturally I had to retime both guns after the switch. My cocer always had some blowback, which I really hated. I guessed it was the timing, but I didn't mess with it. I didn't even play a game with it since I retimed it. The last time I played PB I used my rt mag (up for sale btw), and my brother used my cocker so I didn't know how it performed. Just today I sat down to mess with it and remembered to check how much blowback it had. To my surprise none, IT SUCKED! Literaly. I always time my cocker really short and to the front of the trigger pull as to get an awsome pull (the Fixion Special ;)), but I didn't check if the timing was perfect. Just to make sure I wasn't trippin out or imagining things, I tore off a sheet of toilet paper (1x1 square) and placed it on top of the feed neck and fired. To my amazement, it sucked the TP into the feedneck (not all the way).

And all this time I thought that 'suction timing' was just some buzzword, and didn't actually work. I guess I was wrong. I can't wait to play with it now. No more chopping for me!

But I also have to replace the springs, the spring setup that my friend had is horribble (strong valve spring, stronger hammer spring), agh. Oh yea, and its impossible to short stroke this baby.

I just thought I'd share :).

Lethargic
02-12-2004, 01:50 AM
here's a cookie :D

Fixion
02-12-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Lethargic
here's a cookie :D

Oooo cookie, thanks :p.