PDA

View Full Version : Any cocker gurus in here?

Skoad
02-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Friend just picked up a cocker. Wondering if any of ya could fill me in on the quality of the parts, model, price, etc.

Here's specs as the previous owner listed:
2001+ Autococker custom made for the professional paintball team Detroit Fusion. Marker has been custom built by P&P. Marker includes ANS Quick pull bolt (blue) P&P front end, P&P stainless slide trigger frame, P&P body w/valve, 3 two-piece dye boom stick barrels. each with a different bore size. 2 12" and 1 14".

Things we'd like to know:
-Value?
-Low/med/high pressure?
-Quality?
-Future upgrades?

Here's it's pics:

http://web.umr.edu/~sjjgfd/jeffscockerbig.jpg http://web.umr.edu/~sjjgfd/jeffscocker2.jpg

AzrealDarkmoonZ
02-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Very nice cocker. I always liked the looks of them.

Value: Sadly low. Cocker resale is low. Even with an Eblade there is an RDLed EBlade going for 750. Very nice custom bodied Cockers for 400-500. And yours is a slider, albeit a very nice one. With the barrels I would say somewhere in the the 400-500 dollar range.

More than likely mid pressure, ala greater than 200.

Quality probably decently high. All the components with the exception of the bolt are fine, looks like a palmer rock, STO ram and unsure of the 4way since I cannot see it.

Upgrades: A new ball detente, regulator and bolt would be my first three. If you dislike sliders fo hinge or EBLade.

Az

soccer4minimags
02-12-2004, 09:09 AM
the Lpr isn't palmers, it looks like a shocktech FGP.
P&P's cockers are nothing more really than STO's with some extra milling and anno. Its still a nice gun.
What 3-way do you have on there.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
02-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Sure it is not a rock? Go to shocktech page and look at there front block.

The end of the LPR is almost even with the Ram, which this one is not. I stand by that its a full rock.

Az

Skoad
02-12-2004, 12:53 PM
ok well he basically bought the gun and 3 boomsticks for around $300.

Fixion
02-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Valuse ~$300 (quick estimate)
Quality = excelent
I'm guessing that its low-mid pressure, 200-300psi.

graysonp
02-12-2004, 06:54 PM
It's a rock reg with a thumb adjuster.

For $300, it was a pretty good deal. It's basically a nicer looking STO. I like it.

As for pressure, it'll probably take around 300 psi. Go to pbnation and look through the cocker FAQ's. It has links on how to set regs, time the guns, and other stuff you'll need to know.

Also, no upgrades are really needed. Just play with it a while and change what you don't like.

UltimatePaintballer
02-12-2004, 09:13 PM
one thing i would say is, get a new bolt. i have never liked the ans bolt for cockers and heard they arn't they good as well.