PDA

View Full Version : Tournament problems

NJPaint
02-12-2004, 07:17 AM
Okay, I signed up to play a 3man tournament to be played last weekend. It started sleeting the day before and they postponed it till this upcoming saturday. Neither of my teamates can make it because of prior valentines day commitments. The entry to the tournament was free, but if you pull out early, its a $60 fee. They have my credit card on file so it isn't like we can just not show up.

Is there no way I can get out of this? No where did they say that things would be resceduled for Valentines day. It seems really sleazy to change the date and not allow people to drop out if they already had other things going on.

Halliday
02-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Explain to them that sisnce it was reschedualed that your team can't play. Sounds like they are being stubborn.

They have your CC number? If they charge you, just call the CC and dispute the charges.

Wc Keep
02-12-2004, 11:05 AM
why dont you just find two people to fill in their spots.

NJPaint
02-12-2004, 04:41 PM
WC Keep, because its hard to find 2 under 17 year olds in a span of a week.

Anyways, called again and explained the problem, again. After about half an hour we got out of it. They weren't happy about it, but oh well.

graysonp
02-12-2004, 07:44 PM
How could they get off charging $60 to back out of a free tournament? That's ridiculous. I think the only way they should be able to do that is if the entry was over $60. That really makes no sense...

Glad to see you got out of it though.

NJPaint
02-12-2004, 08:31 PM
because they have to have a minimum number of teams or they can't give out prizes (eg. if 3 teams showed up they would have to just fork over the prizes and make no $$$) $60 is to discourage people from saying they will show and not showing.

graysonp
02-12-2004, 08:35 PM
How can they give out prizes without an entry fee? It seems like they would just be losing money? Are they making that much up in paint or what?

It just seems like if it was a free tourney, then it would just be for fun and not neccisarily any major prizes.

NJPaint
02-12-2004, 09:11 PM
no major prizes, $72 a case of paint