PDA

View Full Version : Paintball After an Accident

canadaguy
02-12-2004, 08:52 AM
hey everyone, just thought id post this. last weekend i got in a car accident and i had to go to the hospital. i got out once during the week but then i had to go back in again for a long time till last night. apparently, i have to get up like 3 times in the night cus of something wrong in my head or something like that. whatever it is, im sure i cant play paintball for a long while. anyone ever had an injury and then get really pissed cus they cant play paintball for a while or not ever again?

RRfireblade
02-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by canadaguy
anyone ever had an injury and then get really pissed cus they cant play paintball for a while or not ever again?

Yup.

Fell head first about 20' and split my head open like a cantaloup,tore ligiments and shifted 3 discs in my back,tore my rotator cuff,tore ligiments in my neck and shifted 2 disc there as well as nerve damage that may or may not be operable due to the location,and many bruises,bumps and scrapes.No broken bones though.;)(Milk rules.)

Played last weekend for the first time since the end of October/03 because of it.You just need to have positive thoughts and try and find other things to fill that time with till you can get back.All is not lost.

Jay.

Crighton
02-12-2004, 10:21 AM
One of my friends shatterd his leg. Spent over a year with pins and casts on it. Walked with a cane for another year and a half. Finally got him out again last summer for the first time in about 5 years.

-=Squid=-
02-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Not as serious as your accidents... but a teammate had surgery on his knee and was out for about a month, and may soon have to have reconstructive surgery on said body part, which may put him out for anywhere from 6 months to a year. Suck.

chairman_mao
02-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Not as bad as the first few but I shattered my humorus(upper arm) had to have a plate and 11 screws put in. The worst part I did it playing paintball but my mag came out unscathed. I wasn't able to play for about 8 months. I can't say there weren't trying times but when I was finally ship shape I have to say that was one of the most fun days of ballin I've ever had. Don't let yourself believe you won't play again. It may be a few months or more but know that you will be out there playing.

Mag Master 04
02-12-2004, 11:07 AM
i had knee surgury on my left knee. they took out broken pieces of cartilage and stitched me back up...i was out reffing the next day,and i had some fatty meds:D but i couldnt play for about a month, i was in denial:p

StygShore
02-12-2004, 11:30 AM
2 discs in my back trashed from 2 car accidents, couldnt stand up straight, run, crawl, or do anything fast.... hehe but I was still out there pulling the trigger :)

Addrenaline kept me going, then I would hurt like a SOB at the end of the day.

Didnt help with the healing process at all I'm sure!

Styg

jtoothman25
02-12-2004, 05:18 PM
There is a local guy that we play with who walks with crutches. He just starts at his back bunker, turned around backwards and when the first person passes him he turns around and plays. He's usually the last person in, and plays pretty tight.

Lakeview Bulldog
02-12-2004, 05:24 PM
If they are waking you up every couple hours like that it sounds like you might have a concussion. Hope you feel better.

Woogie12
02-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Yup, def sounds like a concussion. I have had a broken collar bone since thanksgiving. Broke it when I check a kid in Ice Hockey in a thanksgiving tournament. Didn't hurt at the time, but when I got to the ER I had to wait for 2 hours without painkillers. Damn that hurt, especially since it was broken into 4 pieces (I guess you could consider that shattered). I still have 3 months until a full recovery but I played 2 weekends ago. Damn that was a good time. I'm hoping to play again, but I need to get some cash. Good luck healing though. :D

DWill
02-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Wow how do all you people get hurt so bad....I've played rugby for about 3 years now and football for 4 and still haven't gotten hurt :)

magmonkey
02-12-2004, 08:28 PM
tore the ligemnt in my right ankle on a trampoline and sat for the 2001 season up until Atlantic city where I filled in for one game went out on the field with a air cast on and re destroyed my ankle :(

Paintball_4_Fun
02-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by StygShore
2 discs in my back trashed from 2 car accidents, couldnt stand up straight, run, crawl, or do anything fast.... hehe but I was still out there pulling the trigger :)

Addrenaline kept me going, then I would hurt like a SOB at the end of the day.

Didnt help with the healing process at all I'm sure!

Styg

Lol same here but i was poping vicoden left and right..how ever the next day the pain was at sucide levels ..Bad day.

Woogie12
02-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by DWill
Wow how do all you people get hurt so bad....I've played rugby for about 3 years now and football for 4 and still haven't gotten hurt :)
Famous last words. I said that for a whole year. I played hockey for 8 years and hadn't broken a thing. Then BAM! lol :D

DWill
02-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Hehe rugby is starting up in a week...I hope I didn't jynx myself to a painful season! But I'll still go out there and kick some ***

Woogie12
02-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Took me 5 out of the 8 years I played hockey to jinx myself, so you're good for a while. lol

knodeoff
02-12-2004, 10:16 PM
I play front usually (the 50) and during football I got a "deep" bone bruse and torn ligament in my foot and couldnt even play very well but I just got druged up and played and almost died when the drugs wore off. once I could play again my favorite field i go to (theres only 2 where I live) sold out and now they are owned by the same guy so prices are skyrocketing like a mother****er. Now I dont get in free and I have to pay for air, paint and entry. What a great welcome back present.

RRfireblade
02-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by DWill

I've been playing hardcore sports (racing motorcycles,jumping from planes, etc)and working dangerous jobs for.....oh....about......25+ years.Talk to me then.;)