PDA

View Full Version : Springs?

DeerChaser
02-12-2004, 10:35 AM
My RT custom came with a red spring, a silver spring, and a short gold spring, none have been cut. LX came set up from the factory, .5 carrier, 1 shim, and the short spring installed. I did the finger trick, bolt is hitting kind of hard, no way I'm sticking my tongue in there :).

A print out showed the gun was shooting at 272 fps. I'm running a Nitro Duck 68/3000. With this set up I'm getting around 350 shots per fill (2700psi), not too great! These were dry fire shots. I have tried to change springs but the gun wont shoot even if I upped the vol. The red spring would shoot (with the vol cranked up)(chrony on order) but I would have to reset the bolt every 4 shots or so. Also I have to force the long spring on the bolt, very tight fit.

Should I leave it alone or is there something I can do to increase my number of shots without buying a larger tank? I'm using my scuba to fill, 300psi isn't going to make that big of a difference.

Thanks for any help
Jerry

RT ULE Cutom
Stock single trigger
AA 12"
NitroDuck 68/3000
Dead Drop

RRfireblade
02-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Well don't go by dry fires. You also need to break that thing in some for starters,try a case or 2 of live fire.Then you can start really fine tuning it more.350's pretty bad if thats accurate,make sure your not leaking air somewhere and your gauges are working properly.And most importantly, OIL that thing a bunch while it's breaking in.

Jay.

DeerChaser
02-12-2004, 12:31 PM
If I leave it at factory and add a ULE trigger what will that effect on the level 10? I did oil it, no, I have no leaks. I checked all external fittings with snoop (high quality leak detector). As far a the gauges go, who knows, they are cheap. Heres a picture: http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/deer_chaser/detail?.dir=/deers&.dnm=c090.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/deer_chaser/detail?.dir=/deers&.dnm=af9e.jpg

RRfireblade
02-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Looks good,Im a "purple" guy too. And a Floridian as well.;)

The ULT "shouldn't" effect the L10 but it sometimes seems to have a minor influence.

Mindflux
02-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Yeah mine quit firing with the red spring after a while. had to move down to the short gold one :(

Now all my marker does is push the bolt forward and vent tons of air.

Nobody knows what to do.

I'm beginning to regret my mag purchase, I wanted a reliable marker.. not one that I've had to retune 3 times shooting barely a case out of it so far.

And now, it doesn't even work. Bolt just sticks forward and vents upon gassing up, don't even get any trigger response.

RRfireblade
02-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Mindflux,

Clean out your PM's.;)

Mindflux
02-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
Mindflux,

Clean out your PM's.;)

Done.

DeerChaser
02-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Is the red spring the medium one? Other than slowing the bolt down, what else does a longer spring do for ya?

RRfireblade
02-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by DeerChaser
Is the red spring the medium one? Other than slowing the bolt down, what else does a longer spring do for ya?

Slow the bolt down.;)

The L10 bolt is a balancing act between the pressure in the valve and the spring on the bolt.Your trying to balance them so the bolt can just barely overcome the spring force.That's why there's different springs,so you can find the one that gets you the closest to that balance......with out going over. :)