PDA

View Full Version : Trigger-Stop for Micromag

Zarak
09-18-2001, 04:02 PM
I just purchased a Micromag 2000 and felt that the trigger just had too much pull. For those of you who own a micromag, you know what I'm talking about. After you pull the trigger to the point of firing, there is still a lot of excess pull. My Micro has an excess of about 1/8". So now I'm thinking of making a trigger-stop so the trigger will stop at the point where the bolt is releast and the gun fires.

Here's my idea:
Two holes must be drilled out of the triggerframe, one hole threaded for the Trigger-Stop Screw and another to access the screw for adjustment. After the screw is adjusted, it'll be threadlocked into place.

This is just my idea. I haven't tried it yet, and want your oppinion before I beggin hacking away at my gun. Maybe someone out there has a better solution for this. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Excaliber/Trigger%20Mod.jpg:)

The Mad Painter
09-18-2001, 06:49 PM
not to be a rude jerk, but ive seen mags that have done that, and first, they look like crap. when someone goes to examine their beautiful splash job, they see a huge hole in the back of the frame and laugh. its very sad. you have a benchmark frame correct? if so, go to www.g3pb.com. under projects, Mag owners, scroll down. you thread a screw into the frame where the trigger comes up when its pulled. this makes the trigger stop, you dont see the screw, and once its adjusted, SWEET pulling. drastically increases ROF without all that pull. another thing about benchys, side to side slop sucks. i got rid of mine buy popping off the trigger, and taking a SMALL washer, and putting it in between the trigger and frame, where the trigger pin holds it in. i had to sand the washer down, couldnt find one small enough. but its GREAT now. hope this helps.

mac2k4
09-18-2001, 07:53 PM
i think its a good idea, but ya should also try putting a setscreew in the actuall trigger so it won't have a hole in the back off the frame, i have it like this and it works.
I also put in a spring(about 1/2") over the trigger rod against the back off the trigger.
I also have a lil' setscrew going up from the top of the trigger into the inside of the gun, that was really good too, if ya look at an angels trigger with the two setscrews are like that, for travel, and stop.
I can shoot fast on it.
I call it the R-series trigger job lol

Zarak
09-19-2001, 11:14 AM
Mad Painter, yeah I agree about the hole in the back of the frame. That's the main reason why I haven't done it yet. The Mod at G3PB.com looks good. It's much easier to do also, and easy to hide is I screw up. Thanks for the input.

mac2k4, I like your spring idea. I might try it out. Thanks.