PDA

View Full Version : Definitive Answer: Number of Stars on Classic Valve?

mjs1217
02-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Okay, I've heard tons of people say it's one star, alot say it's three, and a few say that it is two stars on the Automag Classic Valve. So heres the question: If I were to buy a brand-new classic automag from paintballgear.com or somewhere, and looked on the valve, how many stars would there be?

thanks,
-mjs

Automaggin2
02-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Minimags came with 3, standard mags came with 1. So i believe.

cphilip
02-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Classic = one star

Automag (yes its etched that way) = three stars

Minimag = four stars

Micromag = Three stars (I think)

slushee
02-13-2004, 04:26 AM
over the years, i've had 3 valves (1 CF and 2 something else) pass through my hands .. and not ONE of them had a star on the valve ...

I was alway's curious what they actually looked like ...

Creative Mayhem
02-13-2004, 10:14 AM
My minimag never came with ANY stars :D I'm not exactly sure why...

Oh wait! That's right, I'm too old to remember I have had it for 11yrs :D

cphilip
02-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by slushee
over the years, i've had 3 valves (1 CF and 2 something else) pass through my hands .. and not ONE of them had a star on the valve ...

I was alway's curious what they actually looked like ...

Someone could have polished the valves and so polished them off. Also forgot to mention that Rentals have no stars but have the word Rental etched on them.

Also I can tell you I have only seen one valve that was etched "Automag" with three stars on it. It came with a marker I bought that was a full deluxe Eclipse kit on it. So thats the only one I ever saw like that. thats the only one I have ever seen. But I owned it so that the only way I know there is such a beast. Not sure how many there might have been though.

paint magnet
02-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Also if some idiot has replaced the back half of the reg with an ANS Phase II reg then it obviously won't have stars. As for what they look like, they just look like, um, well, stars. Kind of like the ones you see inside pentagrams but without the circle around the outside.

Like Cphillip said, the Classic valves (Which actually say "Classic" on the side) have one star. .68 Automags have 3 and Minimags have 4. I'm not sure what original RT's have.