PDA

View Full Version : i need your unbiassed opinions on a gun trade

spraying62
02-12-2004, 09:03 PM
keep my lasoya timmy , or trade it for a half block turtle cocker with the e-blade ? and why i should or should'nt trade?

thanks sprayer

Fixion
02-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I'd trade. The cocker is probably worth more too.

Angry Man
02-13-2004, 12:30 AM
It's probably worth more, but it probably performs worse....your choice.

Lethargic
02-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Half-blocks are just so cool looking. I really love the look of the things, and you can tear up on a nicely set-up eframe. I say trade. I'm not sure if the gun will shoot any better, or faster, but it is unique, and soooo tiny.

I want a half-black cocker...

bgredjeep
02-13-2004, 01:14 AM
I've talked to a lot of people who traded their Timmy for whatever (Matrix, Cocker, etc..). Every person I talked to who had traded the Timmy away wished that they did not.

This certainly doesn't sound like a bad trade, but make sure you want a cocker before you do it. Then again, I guess if you don't like it you could always trade with someone else for another Timmy.

FallNAngel
02-13-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Angry Man
It's probably worth more, but it probably performs worse....your choice.

Actually, it probably performs just as well with less maintenance.

sslecyk03
02-13-2004, 02:23 AM
get the halfblock cuz they look PIMP and they are very light.

spraying62
02-13-2004, 05:08 AM
yeah it's a sonic macdev cocker converted to the turtle with a nice fade cocker,

it's a tough decision,

sprayer

breg
02-13-2004, 05:29 AM
Mmmmm, try borrowing it for a gameday and seeing how you like it compaired to your Timmy. Honestly, I'd go with the Timmy though, I just feel that there are less things to go wrong with them. But Cockers are cool as well, and the E-Blade is really cool.

And, since no one else did it....

Welcome to AO!!!

02-13-2004, 09:51 AM
I would go with the half block. I dont really like E-Blades but it is rare and you could always get another timmy if you dont like it.

abarnhar
02-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Anything with Lasoya's name on it is blah. Get the turtle, it has class.

angelbeast24
02-13-2004, 11:42 AM
keep ur timmy... even tho the cocker is worth more is that goin to help u play better no timmys will out kick any eblades a$$

nato
02-13-2004, 11:51 AM
If it were me I'd go with the halfblock... my friend has two and they are amazing. On the otherhand if you are already comfortable with your timmy and have no need to trade it then just keep it. A consistant marker is a nice thing to have.

N.A.T.O.

Bulldog
02-13-2004, 12:15 PM
I say go for it, the halfblock will retain more of it's value with all the cool timmys coming out soon.

GT
02-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
I say go for it, the halfblock

C_22
02-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Loose the Timmy bro... I own one and I'm planing to get rid of it too.

knodeoff
02-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I would take that turtle it is on of the nicest cockers out there not to mention the lightest. is it an orracle body or a regular WGP? if you dont like it you can sell it for sooooooo much on ebay or trade it for almost any gun out there. you can check them out at www.turtlecockers.com. i think thats the site.

barberjohn
02-13-2004, 03:41 PM
hmmm, either keep something that works all the time, is extremely light, faster than anything out there, and looks good, or trade it for something that will not be as fast, probably will not work half the time, but, is small. tough choice, but its yours to make.

spraying62
02-13-2004, 04:27 PM
it's a sonic mac dev cocker body turned into the turtle with a nice fade,

sprayer

barberjohn
02-13-2004, 05:05 PM
i would still stay with the timmy.

FallNAngel
02-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by barberjohn
hmmm, either keep something that works all the time, is extremely light, faster than anything out there, and looks good, or trade it for something that will not be as fast, probably will not work half the time, but, is small. tough choice, but its yours to make.

Where the hell do these people come up with this information? They'll both shoot faster than any loader out, they'll also both work fine provided you maintain them. Generally, the cocker will have less maintenance though (a drop or two of oil is easier than tearing a marker down to regrease it).

Shoot both, take whichever you like better.

punkncat
02-13-2004, 06:03 PM
I am not really partial to Timmies.
I really love cockers.

But in spite of that , I would tell you to keep the Timmy.
I have a "micro" cocker and once I started having trouble with it , I have never been able to make it work right since.
The parts for it are hard/impossible to find.Different 3 way rod , different bolt and block.Impossible to adjust bolt travel in the timing.......Just a royal pain in the buttocks.
This is a pic of the one I have.I converted it to a 99 full sized body for ease of care and so it would actually work instead of being a great paperweight.

Well I can't post pics again...oh well

i-luv-my-rt
02-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by abarnhar
Anything with Lasoya's name on it is blah. Get the turtle, it has class.

I can tell you have never shot a Lasoya Timmy before. Mitch Karns former captain of Detroit Thunder has a WAS board in his and it shoots ropes. I've not shot a nicer gun. It might be very illegal with bounce and all but will outperform mostly all cockers.

I'm not a fan of turtles but the Freeflow half-blocks are very nice so the turtle might also be sweet.

Up to you try to see what is comfortable for you.

tyrion2323
02-13-2004, 06:37 PM
I'd take the cocker, myself. The tutle's got style, class and...well...it's not one in a thousand on the assembly line.

FallNAngel
02-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by punkncat
The parts for it are hard/impossible to find.Different 3 way rod , different bolt and block.Impossible to adjust bolt travel in the timing.......Just a royal pain in the buttocks.

But in this case, there is no 3 way rod, don't know why you'd want another bolt but you could buy one now no problem and you shouldn't have a problem with the backblock. The bolt travel is adjusted the same way it always was and the timing is controlled electronically.

evan123
02-13-2004, 07:13 PM
The cocker is in no way worth more then your gun. Lasoyas sell for around 900 nowadays and i have yet to see a e-cocker sell for more then 900. I mean e-orracles go for like 800 new and around 650 used. The timmy is also much faster then the eblade imo. It has a much nicer feel.

spraying62
02-13-2004, 08:00 PM
well i had alot of nice guns in my time , from the nyx trix to angel adrenalin imp and a works cocker with the e-blade lasoya timmy and they were all nice i guess you can just call me a gun whore,but i have'nt had a turtle yet and i think i want to try one but i hate giving up this timmy,

sprayer

Branchvillian
02-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Personally, I would keep the Lasoya. Cockers have never realy been my thing.

punkncat
02-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by FallNAngel

But in this case, there is no 3 way rod, don't know why you'd want another bolt but you could buy one now no problem and you shouldn't have a problem with the backblock. The bolt travel is adjusted the same way it always was and the timing is controlled electronically.

There is no adjustment for bolt travel on a cut down cocker.There is no cocking rod protuding from the rear of the marker, and the back block is relocated forward and milled in half.The block catches a "nubbin" that is tapped into the hammer to recock.
On mine you cannot use any other bolt than the one that was made for it.

FallNAngel
02-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by punkncat
There is no adjustment for bolt travel on a cut down cocker.There is no cocking rod protuding from the rear of the marker, and the back block is relocated forward and milled in half.The block catches a "nubbin" that is tapped into the hammer to recock.
On mine you cannot use any other bolt than the one that was made for it.

Ahh, I thought you meant the backblock position... dunno why I thought that though. I know all about halfblocks / turtles, just got confused there for a minute. In either case, I'm sure if you really need a bolt made for it, you could find someone that could make one for you.

PaintballSmurf13
02-13-2004, 11:26 PM
most timmys= kinda on the bulky side and turtle cockers=tiny
thats all i can help with:D

....since i havent owned either gun, and when you get to that price range it's more about preference then anything else.
Play w/ both and find out with gun calls out to you and stuff;)
-Ryan F.

elpimpo
02-14-2004, 02:01 AM
timmy all the way dawg. cockers are way to much effort plus the timmy is a hell of a lot faster plus its les maintenance

FallNAngel
02-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Less maintenance? I think about every FAQ I've read on timmies are way more maintenance than cockers. They'll both outshoot any loader out there.

elpimpo
02-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by FallNAngel
Less maintenance? I think about every FAQ I've read on timmies are way more maintenance than cockers. They'll both outshoot any loader out there.

i call bull ****. no way in hell is a cocker going to outshoot a halo b not even an eggy. and now go ask everybody who is serious about paintball why they dont shoot cockers. ill tell you, because they are slow, to much maintenence, way to many moving parts, way to easy to mess up and waaaaaay to hard to time

tony3
02-15-2004, 11:39 PM
uuhhh are you a moron? Sorry for the harshness but your post was completely wrong. Just because tourney players don't use a gun doesn't mean its bad. Eblade cockers are mad fast, espically turtle cockers since they get rid of that big back block.

spraying62
02-16-2004, 08:27 AM
the one thing you guys are'nt considering that was brought to my attention yeah it's got a delrin back block but think of the drag with that back block sliding on the rail,

but i know cockers are fast with the e-blade but i'm more concerned with it being reliable, i know if something comes up with the timmy it's usually something simple to remedy the problem and i'm not sure you can say that about the cocker,

sprayer

Acer12
02-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Turtle all the way. laysoyas are nice and shoot fast as hell but the tutles are almost as fast. They look extremly sexy. Go turtle. Cockers kick ***.

elpimpo
02-16-2004, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Acer12
Turtle all the way. laysoyas are nice and shoot fast as hell but the tutles are almost as fast. They look extremly sexy. Go turtle. Cockers kick ***. [/QUOTE
dude i was hitting 25 with out paint and 19 with on my 2k2 timmy. you show me a cocker that even comes close to that. not to mention the guy that hit like 31 across a chrono with his timmy

spraying62
02-16-2004, 07:08 PM
every gun has it's day the lasoya findly let me down in practice yesterday,but thank god it was something simple to fix but it took a little while to figure out the problem,it turned out to be the bumper on the ram,once i fixed that it was back to rippin,

so i guess things happen to all guns , so the turtle is looking pretty good wright now,

sprayer

elpimpo
02-16-2004, 07:28 PM
well dude i bumper is really simple to fix and timmys are predictable as to whats wrong. now on a cocker if something goes wrong there are tons of possibilities of things that are wrong. plus the chances of you do something to it when trying to fix that part are high. and then you have a hole new set of problems. then you get to have funb trying to time it

spraying62
02-16-2004, 11:08 PM
well with the e-blade that takes care of the timing,and it was a combination of two things that was wrong the other the eyes were acting up so i cleaned them and placed back in there,

the lasoya is a ripper but so are the e-blades and the timing thing is a dead issue because the e-blade takes care of that,

so when my turtle gets here i'll post some pics for eveyone to enjoy it really is a sweet little gun,

thanks sprayer

elpimpo
02-16-2004, 11:50 PM
traitor. once your gun dies on you in the midddle of a tourney just remember elpimpo told you to not get it

Acer12
02-17-2004, 03:49 AM
Once you have an e-blade your gun is just about flawless.
All that can really go wrong is a hose on the 3way might blow but the chances of that are small. Tutles are able to reach up to 40bps. not that anybodie can pull it that fast. what it comes to for speed is how fast you can pull the trigger

Another facter is what position do you play if back get the laysoya. If front get the turtle. They are both great guns. elpimpo you don't need to get so defensive about the lasoya. i like both. i would just choose the turtle. thats my two sense.