PDA

View Full Version : I HATE my Evo 2

PaintballSmurf13
02-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Get this,
I broke my lid off while playin one day and had to shoot with my old Revy(Pre BE :D ) and I was like "oh well, took a while for me to break it" and I go buy another one and I havent even PLAYED with it yet, and it's already cracked at its weak spot. All I have done is take it apart and test with it a little. And I discovered that my board(pre Y-board) is toast, due to the button breaking or something.
And oh yeah I havent been about to play paintball in a
while and I am going this weekend and my pretty Evo is broken.:mad: . I hate it, I really do.So far I have had 2 broken lids and a dead board and I had to make a shim for the batteries so they can contact properly...:rolleyes:

So, I am looking into getting a HaloB eventually, and selling my egg, is it a good buy?

ok, im done venting.:(
-Ryan F.

knodeoff
02-12-2004, 10:06 PM
how much you want for you evo? Im a fan of halos but if you buy a zboard for your evo ($30) it will be as fast if not faster than a halo B. just a thought

tony3
02-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Well, thats the greatness of eggys, low quality=low price, also, they have cheap replacement parts. Halos are cool and all, but they don't work to hot on a lot of guns due to double feeding. I'm sticking with my eggy and back up prebe revvy for a good while.

PaintballSmurf13
02-12-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm not about to sell it yet, I was thinking of getting a Z-board and a couple lids and giving it another try. But I don't have the money right now, so yeah.
-Ryan F.

Lethargic
02-12-2004, 11:35 PM
just be sure to remoce the springs from the eggo lid; this stops a lot of the cracking that people experience. Also, if you cut a good 3/4" out of the feedneck, you usually won't have a problem with the necks snapping.

But I really don't recommend a halo. They are beautiful and shiney, and very fast, but ONLY when they decide to work. Some people get perfect results, but others (me) get crap, and lots of it.

quik
02-12-2004, 11:46 PM
I've had nothing but bad luck w/ my eggs too.

First one jammed and then the motor just went downhill and stopped working. Not good during a tourny w/o a backup.

Then the second one did the EXACT same thing. Made me pretty angry.

I've now switched to my Halo B and I absolutely love it. High quality built. Oddysey will even replace parts for free, instead of waiting an hour just to get ahold of someone through VL(yes its happened to me, I was NOT impressed).

I say save your money and get the halo, they are great. Just get good detents, I mean hell, my nubbins hold it, so most others will too.

BlackVCG
02-13-2004, 12:17 AM
The first thing I do with a new Evo is remove the spring lids, sand down the battery door so it doesn't push on the batteries as hard and crack at the lock down point and cut down the feed neck so it doesn't have as much of a bending moment.

LeatherPants
02-13-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by knodeoff
how much you want for you evo? Im a fan of halos but if you buy a zboard for your evo ($30) it will be as fast if not faster than a halo B. just a thought

Not as fast but close to a Halo B.

I have 3 Halo B and 2 Z Board Evo II.

I tend to use my Evo II on my E Blade just because I had weird problem when using the Halo. I am going to be using the Halo on my Viking when that comes in.

Also being a back player I like the lock lid of the Evo II. And it's a minor thing but off the break I like having the extra balls in the Evo II. Just lets me keep the lane down just a bit longer.

Phil
02-13-2004, 02:04 AM
I am on my second lid and my batteries are held in by electrical tape. I like the feel on the gun and it feeds nicely.

NGp8ball
02-13-2004, 06:23 AM
take off the lid springs and it wont crack again..... atleast it shouldn't. it worked for me and seems other people as well

sneakyhacker420
02-13-2004, 08:03 AM
get a ricochet Apache

better shells than both the Eggo (for sure) and even the HALO

it'll do about 19bps, even on half-arsed batteries in it

i have one on my x-mag and LOVE IT

its basically like putting the evo2 catch cup inside a ricochet, and it works damn well

they're $90 from ricochet in smoke or black, and that includes free parts for the lifetime of the loader :eek:

and may i add something?
i feel that the spring lid on the evo's was the worst idea ever!
isn't the goal to keep the hopper open when you're filling you hopper, not clamping your hand in there :eek: :rolleyes:

dcmander
02-13-2004, 08:15 AM
you have a picture and more info on that apache hopper?

thecavemankevin
02-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by PaintballSmurf13
Get this,
So, I am looking into getting a HaloB eventually, and selling my egg, is it a good buy?

ok, im done venting.:(
-Ryan F.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, i hate your evo 2 too :)

go with a halo. I have two, just picked on up practicly new with rip drive and newest software for 70 off these forums. I have not yet had a problem with my halo, but i do know people that have.
However, last year like 4 or 5 guys i know (some were on my team) went out and bought eggos (they didn't like the weight of my halo). Well all of them within the next several months got rid of their eggos for one reason or another (but all due to breaking parts of some kind) and all have halos now.

not saying the halo is perfect, but it is far closer to the finish line than the eggo

angelbeast24
02-13-2004, 11:43 AM
same thing happen to my lid for my egg cept my board is still fine good thing i have a halo too:p

skife
02-13-2004, 03:21 PM
I heart my revvy

sneakyhacker420
02-13-2004, 06:32 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122999

theres a link to the whole apache thread

PaintballSmurf13
02-13-2004, 10:49 PM
yeah, i was thinking of taking the springs off, my dad did on his hopper. But i have a bigger problem of replacing the board now, which will be $30(yay:rolleyes: ) I only shoot a hinged cocker, no eblade... yet...so a z-board is kinda overkill, and an egg to begin with almost was. So yeah..i'm thinking of just getting my pre be revy back from my friend and upgrading it.

-Ryan F.

PaintballSmurf13
02-13-2004, 10:50 PM
oh yeah, just thought about it, Dynasty played with revys..how did they set them up to keep up with their angels?
thanks.
-Ryan F.

tony3
02-13-2004, 10:54 PM
They didn't, they shot as fast as the revvy could feed.

PaintballSmurf13
02-13-2004, 11:13 PM
i c..I thought so..just was checkin..Dynasty uses revys=$$$ for BE.
-Ryan F.

BlackVCG
02-14-2004, 12:39 AM
If you watch Dynasty you'll see most of their guys aren't shooting all that fast. Rodney and Kevin, their back guys, are always using Evo's and shooting a bit faster than the rest, but for the most part they just keep their guns up and throw a steady, but slow stream of paint.

From what I've heard, all they had in their Revy's was something like a Vortex Impeller and the X-Board. Other than that, there's not much you can do to a Revy to speed it up.

sneakyhacker420
02-14-2004, 01:07 AM
well... and the turborev board... but thats not made anymore

yet there are rumors of a turborev 2.0 coming this summer :confused:

PaintballSmurf13
02-16-2004, 01:33 PM
well, I played with my pre BE veiwloader yesterday and put an X-board in it the day before that and it shoots pretty nice, it keeps up with me okay. Maybe i'll get a new impeller soon. ..oh yeah and it never broke! WOO!:D

-Ryan F.