PDA

View Full Version : The new Wolfenstien BETA TESTING NOW!!!

FeelTheRT
09-18-2001, 06:00 PM
yo yo, the multiplayer beta is out for testing. It's great. You can get the game at fileplanet.com. If you don't feel like waiting and hour inline just to start downloading... you can also get it at acavision.com (not sure howto spell).

fenris69
09-18-2001, 08:34 PM
man id love to but i dont have the time. my buddy showed me last night, looks fine. The only game I got the time for is battletech3025 right now...and thats only cause i waited a year on the closed beta list :) but maybe this weekend!

Gunga
09-19-2001, 10:53 AM
The demo can be found at: http://www.activision.com/games/wolfenstein/

There's a few different sites listed there from which you can download the file. It's 63.4 MB.

For those who don't know much about the demo, it's a single multiplayer level. It is a 'Saving Private Ryan'/D-Day beach assault type level. If you're the Allies, you start off in landing craft and have to storm the Nazi fortification, retrieve some Nazi war documents, and transmit the info back to base using the Nazi's radio transmitter. Nazi's obviously have to stop the Allies.

I've played it for about 12 hours over the past couple days...so you might say that I like it. A lot. ;)

The available weapons are:

Knife
various kinds of grenades
Thompson submachine gun
A couple german submachine guns (one silenced)
Minigun
Bazooka
Colt .45 - the gun, not the beer ;)
Luger
Dynamite charges (if you're an engineer)
Mauser sniper rifle
Flamethrower - veeeeeeeeeery nice!

You can be a few different classes of characters:

Soldier - wider variety of weapons available
Medic - can heal/revive wounded soldiers
Engineer - can plant dynamite charges to breach the wall or door of the Nazi fortification
Lieutenant - limited gun selection, but can dispense extra ammo

FeelTheRT
09-19-2001, 04:34 PM
Everyone play as Nazi! There are ALWAYS more people playing at Allies than there are Nazis and i think it's really cheap, people are being too patriotic, plus it's just a game.