PDA

View Full Version : Has There Ever Been A Warpfeed Pump?

DiSoRdeR
02-13-2004, 01:12 AM
Always liked pumps, and wanted to know if someone has ever done this before.

Kevmaster
02-13-2004, 01:17 AM
I've warped my 'ray...and will as soon as i get it back from Punisher...

Fred
02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
I warped my Sterling...

Tyger warped his Phantom... and his Pneu-assist phantom...

its been done, its fun, but not always practical.

---Fred

space_weazel_45
02-13-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Fred
I warped my Sterling...

Tyger warped his Phantom... and his Pneu-assist phantom...

its been done, its fun, but not always practical.

---Fred

im warping his sterling right now! great to see the looks on peoples faces, not only wondering what it is but also WHY!, i alwayse say because it could be done, and its fun.
and its intellifeed to :D

thanks Fred, and no nothing non reverable was done, no glue involved. as promised.

i also from time to time warp my stock class phantom. but im selling that.

Tyger
02-13-2004, 02:13 AM
http://www.tyger.us/pubimages/Phantom_Warp/PhreakWarp2.JPG

It'll be like this Friday night at CCP...

-Tyger

The Deacon
02-13-2004, 03:26 AM
TheFlamingKoosh had a pump warpfed autoresponse psycho mag for a while. Maybe he'll post a pic.

White Wolf
02-13-2004, 03:32 AM
Or get a hold of some of the few Warp Phantom bodies.

Just plain silliness
http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/images/Phantom/warp-phantom-test-setup.jpg

Koosh
02-13-2004, 10:14 AM
This was my setup for about 6 months...

Then I sold it off, piece by piece...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=907908

hitech
02-13-2004, 10:19 AM
I know everyone now thinks of the warp as something to increase the bps rate of their loading system. However, it also gets that huge target off the top of your marker. Back when everyone was using pumps in tournaments I would have put one on my phantom. A warp driven, six pack feed phantom. Sweeeeet.... ;)

Jonneh
02-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by White Wolf

Just plain silliness
[IMG]10round tube fed warp[IMG] Hahahaha, fantastic!

hitech
02-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by White Wolf

Just plain silliness
[/IMG]

Hey, I like that! :D

paint magnet
02-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Warps on pumps are actually quite practical, due to the fact that it allows you to shoot off-handed. (which is usually pretty hard with a pump, if you intend to fire more than one shot)

Brophog
02-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Not to argue that the warp can't be practical on a pump but, how exactly does the warp help you in that regard?

Evil Bob
02-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Loading a pump requires that you hold the marker at a specific tilt and angle in order for the next ball to chamber... unless you have either a spring loaded feeder or a power feed of some kind (warp in this instance).

This is one of the big benefits of a warp feed, you can have the marker upside down, sideways, be sprinting with it and having it bounce all over the place... and it will feed.

-Evil Bob

Fred
02-13-2004, 01:06 PM
it gets the hopper off the top... it helps every setup in that regard.

with an SC pump Ive never had the need to shoot off-handed... just tilt the marker like you would with the warp on it after you've chambered the ball.

---Fred

Brophog
02-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
Loading a pump requires that you hold the marker at a specific tilt and angle in order for the next ball to chamber
-Evil Bob

That only applies to a stock class setup, and as soon as you throw that warp on there, it is no longer stockclass.

I understand the warp helping you move the hopper off the top and giving you constant feeding with no jams.

I'm still figuring out what effect it would give you offhanded.........;)

DiSoRdeR
02-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Wow, alot of people have them :) This is Sweet, more pics :D

DiSoRdeR
02-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Ok have a question about phantoms. Would it be possible to attach a qloader to the back of a stockclass feedtube? Please any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

magmonkey
02-14-2004, 07:28 AM
I sported a warp pump mag until I needed the warp for another project

Branchvillian
02-14-2004, 08:35 AM
That warp Phantom looks AWSOME.

folder504
02-14-2004, 11:39 AM
My Tigershark

WARPED1
02-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by folder504
My Tigershark Why God, why?! You loader setup is worth like 5 times the guns value!:D

Beemer
02-14-2004, 02:45 PM
However, it also gets that huge target off the top of your marker.

it gets the hopper off the top... it helps every setup in that regard.

I understand the warp helping you move the hopper off the top and giving you constant feeding with no jams.

Seems only the old school guys understand the Paradigm Shift with the warp

DiSoRdeR
02-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by DiSoRdeR
Would it be possible to attach a qloader to the back of a stockclass feedtube?
Can some one please answer this? Thinking about going pump soon and want to know if it can be done.

space_weazel_45
02-14-2004, 06:06 PM
anything CAN be done its just a matter of parts and pices.

paint magnet
02-14-2004, 08:39 PM
And money ;)

paint magnet
02-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Brophog
I'm still figuring out what effect it would give you offhanded.........;)

Well, when you play with a pump you normally don't stay hanging out of your bunker while you recock. You pop out, shoot, duck in, recock, and repeat. If you want to lay down more paint, you can stay out and pump off a couple of shots.

But trying to do this off handed is nearly impossible...accuracy is horrible and it takes a lot longer to recock (you can get faster with practice, but for me it's very hard to hit anything offhanded with a pump), and you jump waaay off target since you're holding the gun with your non dominant hand. With the warp, you keep your dominant hand on the gun, so you are shooting with your strong side the whole time. Therefore, you can look out the opposite side and lay down paint with more accuracy.

Crimson_Turkey
02-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Fred
I warped my Sterling...

---Fred

My name is Stirling

Brophog
02-15-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by paint magnet

Well, when you play with a pump you normally don't stay hanging out of your bunker while you recock. You pop out, shoot, duck in, recock, and repeat. If you want to lay down more paint, you can stay out and pump off a couple of shots.

But trying to do this off handed is nearly impossible...accuracy is horrible and it takes a lot longer to recock (you can get faster with practice, but for me it's very hard to hit anything offhanded with a pump), and you jump waaay off target since you're holding the gun with your non dominant hand. With the warp, you keep your dominant hand on the gun, so you are shooting with your strong side the whole time. Therefore, you can look out the opposite side and lay down paint with more accuracy.

And how does the warp help you do that? If I'm right handed, I'm generally going to run the warp on the left side, that way it doesn't stick out when I go out to the right. Now, if I go out to the left, the warp will stick out farther.

If I'm right handed, and place the warp on the right, then when I go out left then I don't have it sticking out, but I do on the right.

Either way, if you choose to always shoot with your dominant hand, your still going to be at a disadvantage, warp feed or no warp feed. Learn to shoot with your off hand. Its even easier on a pump, because generally your only shooting 1 shot anyway, and popping back in to cock.

It may be hard for you to play with the off hand, but its just a matter of practice. Trying playing pump exclusively for 10 years, and you'll see it aint no big thing! ;)

paint magnet
02-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Yes, but I'm sure you won't deny that even after playing for 10 years, it is harder to stay on your target while cocking with your gun held off-handed than if you were holding it normally.

With the warp, you are always using your dominant hand.

Koosh
02-15-2004, 01:17 PM

And how does the warp help you do that? If I'm right handed, I'm generally going to run the warp on the left side, that way it doesn't stick out when I go out to the right. Now, if I go out to the left, the warp will stick out farther.

If I'm right handed, and place the warp on the right, then when I go out left then I don't have it sticking out, but I do on the right.

Either way, if you choose to always shoot with your dominant hand, your still going to be at a disadvantage, warp feed or no warp feed. Learn to shoot with your off hand. Its even easier on a pump, because generally your only shooting 1 shot anyway, and popping back in to cock.

It may be hard for you to play with the off hand, but its just a matter of practice. Trying playing pump exclusively for 10 years, and you'll see it aint no big thing! ;)

You miss one of the BIG points to the warp...

You ROTATE the entire gun! you don't need to keep it in upright position, you just rotate it and stick out the barrel end, keeping everything else behind the bunker.

At least, thats how I always used it...

Fred
02-15-2004, 02:57 PM
When I played Castle with my warped-sterling I never once shot it with my left hand, I was going crazy on the auto-trigger leaning out either side of whatever bunker I was in.

It works the same as with a semi- just rotate the marker on its side and shoot out the left (if you're right handed).

the Warp will NOT feed properly on a Phantom's stock class breech, the inside of the breech is not shaped correctly (as it wasn't designed for this application) and will jam up. others tried it first, then I tried it myself, its true.

---Fred

Brophog
02-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh

You miss one of the BIG points to the warp...

You ROTATE the entire gun! you don't need to keep it in upright position, you just rotate it and stick out the barrel end, keeping everything else behind the bunker.

At least, thats how I always used it...

I'll give you that, I suppose. That works when dealing with a wide angle, but if the guy is in front of you, or at a steep angle, your still going to have to pop out a little to get a shot off.

I'll stick to my ambidextrous setup. ;)

Fred
02-15-2004, 05:52 PM

...but if the guy is in front of you, or at a steep angle, your still going to have to pop out a little to get a shot off.

huh? either i'm confused or you are...

When shooting out left side (when right handed):
Turn gun 90* counter-clockwise... warp and hopper are now "down" and the barrel is the farthest part to the left... nothing sticks out but your barrel and whatever part of your mask that you're hanging out behind it...

trust me... it works... :D

if the opponent is that close to you, or where they can get you that you can't get them, you did something wrong, and its not how you held your marker... :p