PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th..... something bad happens first thing this morning!

cphilip
02-13-2004, 11:11 AM
My Kid goes to leave for school and then returns and says something is wrong with his car. I am just getting out of the shower. So I get dressed and go back down there with him and tell him to pop the hood. Soon as I undo the latch I though I saw something move under there....

So I tell him to start it up. And he does and its like not running good at all. All the sudden out of the corner of my eye there goes a huge Rat. running out from under his car and across the drive way. So I tell him to shut it off.

I go back up and get the flashlight and sure enough this Rat has chewed two of the leads going to the Coil over Plug wires completely away. Third and fourth cylinder completely cut. Three wires to each! All chewed off almost to the nubs!

Now these wires end in plugs. And the dam Rat has left me so little wire I am not certain I am going be be able to reconnect the wires. And of course Nissan does not sell the plugs with pig tails. Just the whole harness. $200 bucks just for the Harness alone. So I am trying my best to get the clips released from the plugs so I can soldier on some jumpers but cannot get them to release in there. I have enough of the wire to see the color code but not really enough to soldier too. I might be screwed out of a lot of money here for this one.

To top it all off the Father in Law is out of town today. He has the wrecker to tow me over to the dealer if I have to go that route. I am going to try my best to repair it but its not looking really good at the moment. If I can't its into the shop for about $400 from a Rat!

I am pissed needless to say.

Ho...boy...

graycie
02-13-2004, 11:34 AM
ewww rats! i think you should invest in some barn cats, they should take care of the problem:D

Echo419
02-13-2004, 11:41 AM
I know we dont like smart parts, but theres no reason to blame an impulse for destroying calebs car...

Alrite if you didnt get that the Rat Impulse is a gun. And that sux man, I had a dream abotu rats last night... i hope i dont have a rat problem when i get my braces off today (what a crappy day to get ur braces off)

cphilip
02-13-2004, 11:42 AM
I believe he was chased under there last night by a Fox. I stepped out on the deck last night just before going to bed and there was a Fox taking off across the front of the house that I had startled. He came from around that area perhaps. And then I find this issue this morning. Hopefully he will be a fatter Fox tomorrow.... I am pulling for the Fox now.

Echo419
02-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Ok once again... I know we hate Rat Impulses, but i dont think that a Desert Fox can beat it!

I love you too phil:D

Echo419
02-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Bump

cphilip
02-13-2004, 12:24 PM
This has pretty much screwed me for the weekend I guess....... Dam the luck eh? You just gotta shake your head sometimes. :(

Echo419
02-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Phill is ignoring me:(

The Action Figure
02-13-2004, 12:33 PM
did you make caleb go to school

cphilip
02-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Yea. He took my truck.

cphilip
02-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Echo419
Phill is ignoring me:(

Trying my best too! :D

Not having a good day here. RATS!!!!

Kevmaster
02-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
To top it all off the Father in Law is out of town today. He has the wrecker to tow me over to the dealer if I have to go that route.

we all know where uncle phil lives....the SOUTH baby!:D

The Action Figure
02-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Yea. He took my truck.

poor caleb

cphilip
02-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster

we all know where uncle phil lives....the SOUTH baby!:D

Hehe.... well he owns a body shop as a matter of fact. That comes in handy!

Poor Caleb? Why? That truck is like the hit of the HS!

The Action Figure
02-13-2004, 12:53 PM
no you made him go to school, trucks are pimp, buyinn a used f150 during the summer, the real truck of the south

devildog
02-13-2004, 01:12 PM
pick up the plugs or cables you need at a junk yard. if you still need to get the harness, get it from a junk yard. nice and cheap ;)

tobz
02-13-2004, 01:26 PM
j/k

Bbut one time I jumped in my car and started it up, turned on the fans and it rattled really bad and smelt like death.

I almost threw up, and drove it to the dealer.

He took a look at it, and a few hundred dollars later fixed the problem by removing 1 mother and 6-8 baby mice, all chopped up like a blender because of the fan.

I don't live by a farm, but at the time I was near a field, however the car was only sitting about 14 hours.

It boggled my mind and the smell was still there. So I was told to spray good smelling stuff, febreeze, and things of that nature down the vents in front of the windshield. The first couple times my ex did that, it didn't help much. I decided to watch her do it and see why it wasn't working...

She wasn't spraying down the vents on the outside of the windshield... she was spraying down the speaker vents of my 3" tweeters in the dash...

Needless to say, the smell was gone after a few months of correctly overpowering it and the speaker still works.

/* End of ramble */

gibby
02-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Dang! Sorry cphil...that really blows. But for a minute there, I thought that rat was going to end up being lunch for the engine. Good luck repairing it.:(

-=Squid=-
02-13-2004, 01:48 PM
I hate to rub it in but my friday the 13'th is going great... thats what I was JUST about to post before my yearbook teacher just told me my clubs pages are severely messed up and have already been sent... Ive been jinxed! :mad:

tobz
02-13-2004, 01:53 PM
i have a hot date tonight...

*gulp*

am I un-screwed because my fortune cookie the other day said, "You will be successful with the opportunites presented to you."

hmm

atm743
02-13-2004, 01:54 PM
mine was the worst thing that ever happent to me SCHOOL :D

Emily
02-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Friday the 13 is my lucky day. Good things always happen to me.

I've had 2 children born on Friday the 13.

I got a promotion today at work and Enigma is on his way to my house.

:) :)

DiSoRdeR
02-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Ok so Today is going great until I get home, well lets just say I had to use the plunger after some important buisness :D So I flush it to make sure its working again, and it overflows :( Not a pretty sight... :mad:

LittlePaintballBoy
02-13-2004, 08:00 PM
I was coming back from a week at Science camp today and sure eniugh, my bus broke down in the boonies:rolleyes: Heh...

atm743
02-13-2004, 08:47 PM
ohh ya i frogot todoy for me friday the 13th is RESIDENT EVIL DAY!!!! in a min i am going to play resident evil o and the first one on game cube. i can wait for outbrake to come out!!! and also look for me on atv 2 online i will be raceing people on line. i cant cchat becasue i dont have a keyboard soo but look for me name is atm743 raceing # is 99!!

Mr.mike
02-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by graycie
ewww rats! i think you should invest in some barn cats, they should take care of the problem:D
that might make it worse, ending up with dead cats under the hood;)

CasingBill
02-13-2004, 10:05 PM
I think rats must like to chew wires. I came into work one day and turned my comp. on and speakers wouldn't work. Friggin rats chewed through speaker wires and hey guess what..a couple days later, my phone wouldn't work. A couple days later, I had no internet access. Now there is no poison left:D

Rather
02-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Sounds like you just need to unwind and do some urban varment hunting Phil. And sorry to hear that something that little can do that much. :(

*scurries away before he gets the scopes on me*

1stdeadeye
02-13-2004, 11:10 PM
You could always let some snakes loose in the barn to clean up your problem. Or maybe an owl!;)

Well if that was the worst part of your Friday the 13th, that's not too bad. At least Jason didn't show up and chop you into ity bity pieces!:eek: ;)

phantomhitman
02-13-2004, 11:19 PM
sorry to hear that. i relly do beleive they are attracted to wires, the heat maybe? :confused: i hope you get everything up and running, i would also recomend the junk yard. next time let the rat chew on paintballs.

pbzmag
02-13-2004, 11:52 PM
I also had problems with rats. They chewed on some of my 10 round tubes, old shampoo bottles, and other plastic items that were in my garage. It seems they like the taste of plastic and/or rubber for some reason. The rat also went for some of my sisters old stuffed animals. Poor toys didn't see it coming.

Echo419
02-13-2004, 11:53 PM
SO BASSICALLY WHAT HE'S TRYING TO SAY IS...

http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/LOL.jpg

DiSoRdeR
02-13-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Echo419

http://www.browndotdesign.com/Xodus/AO/LOL.jpg
lol nice :p

Fixion
02-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Interestingly I consider friday the 13th lucky. Nothing bad ever happened to me on friday the 13th, but then again, I'm not superstitous.