PDA

View Full Version : The UPS man dropped it off this morning...

Muzikman
02-13-2004, 04:23 PM
As I was getting ready for work this morning, there was a knock at the door. Being the man I am I answer it with a towel on my head and nothing but a pair of boxers. To my supprise it was the UPS guy with my nice shinny new FN303. So, since I had already told work I was going to be in late, I decided I had to open it up and give it a try. Well, quite to my supprise the guy had shipped it with about 2000psi worth of air in the tank (this is a DOT no-no, but I was happy). So, I got to squeeze off a few dry fires before I had to go to work. When I get home from playing pool, drinking beer and eating pizza I will take some pix and really take a good look at this beast.

Now, I just need to get the projectiles for it and go find me a riot to control;) (this is a joke about finding the riot).

jayloo
02-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Holy crap, nice.

Post some pics when u get a chance.

barberjohn
02-13-2004, 04:30 PM
umm, if you dont mind me asking, what is an FN303, i have never heard of it before.

tony3
02-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Sorry for my ignorance what the hell is a FN303?

personman
02-13-2004, 04:33 PM
A FN303 is a military non lethal force weapon, manufactured by AGD for FN. AGD Also makes the ammunition for these little devices. They are a more powerful version of a paintball gun if I'm not mistaken, and the rounds have fins on them. I could be wrong though.

tony3
02-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Oh yeah, I remember gunga posting something about this a few months ago.

hitech
02-13-2004, 04:54 PM
FN303 (http://www.calssportingarmory.com/FNHFN303.htm)

hey Muz, did you ever find out if they will sell you the rounds?

punkncat
02-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Pretty neat , now if they find a cheap way to make paintballs like that it sure would rock.It would be really nice to be able to be "scope accurate" with a paintball marker.

Blennidae
02-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Being the man I am...

Now, I just need to get the projectiles for it and go find me a riot to control;) (this is a joke about finding the riot).

A REAL man would go out and START the riot.;) :D

Creative Mayhem
02-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Muz, nevermind playing with the damn thing, send it off to Texball so we can all play with your shiney new FN303. :D

robdamanii
02-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Blennidae

A REAL man would go out and START the riot.;) :D

I'd help him out in starting that riot...

Branchvillian
02-13-2004, 08:00 PM
That thing is awsome!

the_next_guy_
02-13-2004, 09:41 PM
would you be allowed to play with it?

ccrews
02-13-2004, 09:51 PM
boy if you loaded some of those OC paintballs in a marker, you could stop wipers cold. perfect for the twistlock barrel, load em single shot like.

barberjohn
02-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by the_next_guy_
would you be allowed to play with it?
i would doubt it. they are meant to incapacitate people, and probably shoot faster than 300 fps. also, i dont think they take actualy paintballs, even though the caliber of rounds it takes is .68. muzikman, you should post some pics up, i would like to see one of these things other than just a photoshopped pic of them.

speedyejl
02-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Those balls are about 3x heavier than a paintball, that same object traveling at the speed of a paintball will mess you up...bad

xtreme paintball
02-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Wow...the rounds for that thing are $300 for a box of 150. Yes, you heard me right $300. But in the bright side, an insane $2/ball would definately cut down on spray-n-pray.;)

mark_426
02-13-2004, 10:12 PM
CALIBER: .68"
OPERATING MODE: Semi auto, compressed air
MUZZLE VELOCITY: 280 - 300 FPS

I dont know why it wouldn't be legal on BYOP days

unless it would be the weight of one of the projectiles..

speedyejl
02-13-2004, 10:16 PM
All paint made by companies on the paintball market follow ASTM standards which call for paint under 3.5gms I believe.

When most feilds have BYOP they don't expect you to yank out a gun and ammo designed to incapciate people and spread a cloud of pepper spray! Try to get people to keep their masks on when their eyes burn up eh?

Maybe if you can get normal balls in there which I don't really see why not

mark_426
02-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
All paint made by companies on the paintball market follow ASTM standards which call for paint under 3.5gms I believe.

When most feilds have BYOP they don't expect you to yank out a gun and ammo designed to incapciate people and spread a cloud of pepper spray! Try to get people to keep their masks on when their eyes burn up eh?

Maybe if you can get normal balls in there which I don't really see why not

Didn't know about the ASTM standard, or what the number is for sure.

After reading it says it uses "The primary effect of the projectile is trauma, which directly neutralizes the aggressor." sort of would lead that you aren't allowed to use it ;). One might actually need to use all of the padded dye apparel. Broken eggs will be a perpetual thing, and we might even have broken halos on our hands

Also, "WASHABLE PAINT Rear payload: Flourescent pink pigment in non-toxic glycol base. Cleaning: water and soap. Box of 150- $280.00" price is a little steep, but at 50m effective range, we might actually have a sniper gun on our hands :rolleyes:

Look at hitechs link, it has the velocities and the two quotes I put up. its here for those of you who dislike the scroll: FN303 (http://www.calssportingarmory.com/FNHFN303.htm)

EDIT! (maybe speedy meant this) but I wonder if round paint would fit in the magazine and feed well? it would be interesting to see how/if it would shoot..

Wes Janson
02-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Guys...Civil War bullets traveled at 300 fps. The FN303's rounds likely hit their target at around that velocity. And have damn near as much mass. :P There's no way on earth any sane, insane, or unsane field owner would let you actually use the sabot rounds against players.

That said, do you really plan on buying ammo for it, Muzikman? Hell, you should call up the police, explain it to them, and offer to serve as a special riot suppression unit when necessary ;)

mag-hatter
02-14-2004, 12:52 AM
heh i love when people send with 2k pressure in the damn tank! could have brought the airplane down

BlackVCG
02-14-2004, 12:58 AM
If I were Muzikman, I'd build a display case for it leave it like that.

tony3
02-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Personally, I'd go around shooting the neighborhood cat, thats just me though....

Butterfingers
02-14-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by mark_426

I dont know why it wouldn't be legal on BYOP days

unless it would be the weight of one of the projectiles..

The FN303 Shoots Bismouth Tipped projectiles with a dye capsule that leave dents in steel doors.

AGD
02-14-2004, 04:36 AM
Ahhh... don't shoot any animals with the 303. You will get VERY bad results.

AGD

Creative Mayhem
02-14-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

LOL! You think? :) :eek:

Muzikman
02-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Well...I have a line on a few more...so I might buy it. I can display one and use the other as a play toy.

I'm taking pics right now, so they should be up this afternoon.

Tom,
Rest assured I will not be shooting animals, people, or anything else that can be damaged. Though, with the number of home invasions in my town, it might actually get used for it's intended purpose. :)

tony3
02-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Yeah, just so you guys know I was joking;)

lord1234
02-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

It is obvious that someone at AGD has shot an animal with one....can we guess Tom? Or was it Jon?

--Lord1234

JimmyDean
02-14-2004, 12:38 PM
What exactly is the ammuniton or bullets what what ever u want to call them made of? The look pretty...well.....scary to get shot with. What it on the front tip cuz it looks like it could be like metal or somehting, and is the case on the back where the paint is stored made of the same material as a paintball or is like like 20 times thicker? sorry if i sound stupid but ive never heard of one of these until right now. they look pretty slick though, so nice job Muzikman, and i cant wait to see pics.:)

Dryden
02-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Are these rounds lethal at very close ranges? Is this designed as a medium range weapon only?

I'm imagining that the purpose of the FN303 is for riot control outside of the range of pepper spray and the "beanbag rifles" that police carry.

JesseB
02-14-2004, 03:30 PM
150 paintballs for $250????

Echez09
02-14-2004, 07:04 PM
I'd be happy to start a riot for you Muzik:D oh and must have PICS!

Wes Janson
02-14-2004, 07:59 PM
If you're getting a second, Muzik, send it to me ;) I have plenty of targets.

behemoth
02-14-2004, 09:00 PM
if its .68 caliber, what stops you from using regular pantballs?

Wes Janson
02-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Nothing.

Provided you can chrono it down far enough to make it field legal.

JimmyDean
02-14-2004, 10:47 PM
it doesnt look like it could take paintballs, cuz if u scroll down the link that mark_426 posted, the shape of the "bullets" or whatever you'd like to call them is in a bullet shape, nuthin like a paintball. so i dont think that would work. Plus, if u read the article, the gun is suppose to cause truma, now we are on the feild often being shot at with 68. caliber paintballs at 280-300 fps, and yes ill admit i have been shot and im still not trumatised.:p

Muzikman
02-14-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm still working on the pics...but...

The FN is for close range also. As a matter of fact, it works better than the beanbag shotguns at close range. The safe range is something like 3ft. Yes it would hurt like hell but it's more than likely not gonna kill you.

Yes the FN will take normal paintballs. But according to Tom, you will have a hard time chronoing it down low enough to use it on the field.

mark_426
02-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Why is it harder to chrono down? Is it because its made to shoot the heavier rounds? Can you swap a reg on there? Whats the input on their tanks?

You should def get real pics up!

How does the magazine work? Does it need to have the flat backs? Is it a rotary, or just a short box?

The projectiles look like they're no longer than .68, but moreless a .34" length .68" cylinder with a domed top. heres the ammo: http://www.calssportingarmory.com/images/303ammowashable.jpg

But, if it will shoot standard paint, and will chrono down, then will you use it? I dont even know why you bought it, I was moreless curious

Then, when the pro making fun of you for the sniper(newbie) gun wipes, you can switch in the "less than lethal" mag and let him know youre there;)

Muzikman
02-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Well, it's designed to shoot a round that is 3 times as heavy at the same 300fps. The reg/valve is a modified mag valve. Though I have not taken it out, I have seen them before.

There is no reg on the tank, so what ever the pressure, it's dumped right into the reg/valve. The tank is 3000PSI.

It's a spring fed rotary and no, it does not need the flat back. Basicly you put a round in, turn it, and put another round in. The round it's self holds it from springing back. This means that when the round is fired, the clip automaticly readys the next round. The clip holds 15 rounds.

The rounds are .68 cal.

Will I use it in a game if I can chrono down? I doubt it. First I don't think it can be without modification and two, I didn't buy it to use.

You wanna know why I bought it? Because I could!;) It's as simple as that. I am looking at picking up another one. If I do, I might rip it aparts and see if I can get it to the point where I could take it on the field. This one how ever will be left in the case.

JimmyDean
02-15-2004, 01:29 PM
also, if u did use paintballs, i bet it would chop like mad, since it is used to heavier things being shot, plus if u had to load the paintballs in by a clip, that may not work to well, although i have no clue really what im talkin about. also, if its used for riot patrol, y do they need to put paint in the bullets?

Muzikman
02-15-2004, 01:51 PM
I ahve not tried paint, but I have shot my Nylon practice balls in my basement and they seem to work fine, though my chrono batter was dead, so I have no idea what it was shooting at.

They make a few different rounds for it. One of which is paint. They also make pepper rounds, impact rounds, etc..

manike
02-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Hehehe, I'm hoping to have mine in time for this weekend also. :D

How about a one on one Muz? :D ;)

Ah the thrill of new toys. :D

I'll make/bring some practice rounds (nylon) and we can see what they are capable of at Texball if mine does get here in time...

hhmm, /me thinks about making rounds like the proper munitions... spin fins and all... ;)

Gabriel
02-16-2004, 04:37 AM
bump for this freaking hilariuos thread

gabe

Your signature is out of compliance with the rules. Please read them and limit your signature to a few lines. The rules are posted in friendly Corner. Change yours before I do it for you - cphilip

thei3ug
02-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Muzik and Manike have trumped us all in the "odd and rare gun" Category.

Durn. That's cool man. Real cool.

Muzikman
02-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug
Muzik and Manike have trumped us all in the "odd and rare gun" Category.

Durn. That's cool man. Real cool.

Hmm...I'll trade you the FN for the AutoSpirit, the Nasty, and what ever other cool guns ya got:)

Wes Janson
02-16-2004, 12:59 PM
You need to become a serious scenario player now, Muzik...put all the other tactical markers to shame with your lil puppy ;)

Muzikman
02-16-2004, 01:02 PM
I am trying to get a 2nd one so that I can play with it and see if I can get the velocity down.